Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13312611

Subject: "FRIDAY "My grandmama gave me this chain!"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 12:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY "My grandmama gave me this chain!""

proof: https://imgur.com/AMN37Fm

no kids... supposedly snow on the way... might have enough supplies at the house to hunker down if it does snow... maybe not... not daunted.. I hate snow but I can get around and do stuff in anything if I have to.

thinking about booking Thursday off next week on the low to do up a good meal and nice evening for Shimmy.. but then maybe I want to book the friday too? hmmm.

what you guys got going on?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
need a weekend to relax
Feb 08th 2019
you puttin some knock in the whip?? Nice!
Feb 08th 2019
i want to but i dont know what to do
Feb 08th 2019
      Maybe look into one of those powered subs?
Feb 08th 2019
           haha i was just reading about that
Feb 08th 2019
just booked thurs and friday next week off + monday 18th is a stat
Feb 08th 2019
      nice, enjoy
Feb 08th 2019
Ho-hum weekend on deck
Feb 08th 2019
Is it free?
Feb 08th 2019
RE: Is it free? -I gotchu
Feb 09th 2019
I will do my best
Feb 08th 2019
      I'll sit for you over facetime or skype
Feb 08th 2019
Just bought some drumsticks at the thrift shop during lunch. It's a sign...
Feb 08th 2019
nice I got an electric Yamaha kit
Feb 08th 2019
      I'm a beginner at drums. Finally have a kit and some space
Feb 08th 2019
I need to get this house clean...
Feb 08th 2019
hey
Feb 08th 2019
      I haven’t tried it...
Feb 08th 2019
Gonna try to get these kids to watch Invincibles 2 tonight
Feb 08th 2019
#1 was decent.. I enjoyed... report on #2 will ya?
Feb 08th 2019

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16402 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 12:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "need a weekend to relax"
In response to Reply # 0

im trying to figure out if to get an amplifier, if so where to buy it from and where to get it installed.

do i go 4 channel, do i go 5? will i get noticeable better bass with a 4 channel? can my car handle this?? can my pockets?? lol

i dont want to spend more money and be eh. right now it really needs more bass, like a good amount of it.

im wondering if getting an amplifier would of been better than getting speakers.

been playing more smash brothers, the adventure mode is actually pretty entertaining. i think i might start alternating between games again though. that sealed zelda keeps staring at me but im trying to resist it until i get more time with the other games.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 03:21 PM

2. "you puttin some knock in the whip?? Nice!"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Feb-08-19 03:22 PM by tully_blanchard

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

mista k5
16402 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:20 PM

"i want to but i dont know what to do"

i just need more bass. i dont know if an amplifier really adds more bass without a subwoofer. i dont know if it makes more sense to get a mono-amp and a subwoofer or a 4 channel amp for the speakers and no subwoofer. at most im thinking i would do a 5 channel amp but wait on the woofer.

im looking at the specs of the speakers and theyre 30W RMS each in the back and 35W RMS in the front. theyre not the most powerful but a big upgrade over factory. supposedly the head unit can only send 10/15W per speaker.

i can get the bass hitting pretty good right now, but i have to turn it up to almost 75% and the highs start being a bit much.

looks like i would be spending around $150 for just the installation of an amp so uhm yeah im not sure. im seeing some amps around $70 for 4 channel and some with brands ive heard of around $130.

sadly i didnt really test as much music as i wanted to on my road trip. we mostly kept the volume down so we could talk. i need to spend some serious time testing out songs and tweaking the EQ. i think ive mostly done what i can with the EQ though.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:28 PM

7. "Maybe look into one of those powered subs?"
In response to Reply # 0

You wouldn't have to mess with an amp that way and they can usually fit under a seat or something.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

mista k5
16402 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:40 PM

9. "haha i was just reading about that"
In response to Reply # 7

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 05:04 PM

15. "just booked thurs and friday next week off + monday 18th is a stat"
In response to Reply # 1

that's five days I'm looking at there... damn......... I like it!!! I recommend it brother.. nothing like time off.

mista k5
16402 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 05:35 PM

16. "nice, enjoy"
In response to Reply # 15

im definitely looking into when to request some PTO. even half days help a lot. need to save these vacation days. im thinking of using at least 4 between xmas and new years.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 03:23 PM

3. "Ho-hum weekend on deck"
In response to Reply # 0

I aint got much to nothing planned. Get an oil change...try to fix the camera on my laptop (got a video interview next week), Uber, thats about it.

May take The Kid to the dollar movie to see "A Star Is Born". She's been dying to see it.

Oh! gotta find some music for a gig I got coming up..havent played a non Prince tribute in about 3 years..lol.

LEGS! TRINITY!! COME ON OUT FAM! APRIL 6! Crown Station! House Music all night long!

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Is it free? "
In response to Reply # 3

lol

and where is that?

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Sat Feb-09-19 01:41 PM

19. "RE: Is it free? -I gotchu"
In response to Reply # 5

NoDa

Down Davidson, past 36th (going away from town)..literally in the middle of the road..lol

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79325 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:40 PM

8. "I will do my best "
In response to Reply # 3

Every other day I’m getting an invite to stuff.

I really need to find a bomb ass babysitter

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 05:02 PM

14. "I'll sit for you over facetime or skype"
In response to Reply # 8

lol.... good reliable sitters are rarer than gold... so glad my kids are "fend for yourself" age.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 03:25 PM

4. "Just bought some drumsticks at the thrift shop during lunch. It's a sign..."
In response to Reply # 0

Bass, guitar, drums & keys all weekend, at least at nights.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:47 PM

11. "nice I got an electric Yamaha kit"
In response to Reply # 4

but I also have that Navin R. Johnson rhythm.

keep meaning to spend some time applying myself to accumulating some chops on drums...

got some chops on pretty much everything else... but drums are kinda critical lol.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 06:13 PM

17. "I'm a beginner at drums. Finally have a kit and some space"
In response to Reply # 11

Got my big cousin's kit from when he was a teen. My son wants to learn drums also, so the plan is to get him started so we can jam together.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I need to get this house clean..."
In response to Reply # 0

my mother will be here in a few days
gosh I miss her..

hitting the market tomorrow then spending the rest of the weekend getting my tax prep done.

bon jour

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 05:00 PM

13. "hey"
In response to Reply # 6

what about jackfruit????

lol and you start the book yet? I'm on chapter 3 he just met shorty...

meh it's a superfluous point irrelevent to the content and value of the book but I'm kinda annoyed that I watched the movie already (years back mind you) cause I got those visuals going on.... I find it mildly distracting and limiting to my imagination when I read something I've already seen a film for... even moreso when it's non-fiction cause let's face it shorty is a real guy, spike lee is a real guy.. they aren't the same guy but in my minds eye they are now.. I need to research up images of the real folks i guess.

anyway that's minor..... let me know when you're up for discussing some of the real meat.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 06:32 PM

18. "I haven’t tried it..."
In response to Reply # 13

I found some recipes on Pinterest and was looking to see if anyone tried it.

regarding the book. I thought I still had it but, I don’t. I’ll download it from the library tonight and start.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79325 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:43 PM

10. "Gonna try to get these kids to watch Invincibles 2 tonight"
In response to Reply # 0

or whatever that shit is called

Have a birthday party tomorrow at the Gantt. My wife’s friend be doing the most for her kids birthdays. This year they are celebrating the whole fams birthdays on the same day since they are so close. Kids should have a ball.

Black excellence

I’m chilling this weekend. Maybe do some yard work and light reading but that’s it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Feb-08-19 04:49 PM

12. "#1 was decent.. I enjoyed... report on #2 will ya?"
In response to Reply # 10

Lobby General Discussion topic #13312611 Previous topic | Next topic