Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13296896

Subject: "New Short Documentary on Wu-Tang for their 25th Anniversary " Previous topic | Next topic
spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Fri Nov-09-18 10:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"New Short Documentary on Wu-Tang for their 25th Anniversary "

https://wutangbook.com/2018/11/09/celebrate-the-25th-anniversary-of-wutangclan-by-watching-a-new-documentary-on-the-crew/

Wisdom power all being born to god.

Happy 25th to the Wu

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Do you know any of the folks involved in this?
Nov 12th 2018
No I don’t. I watched it though
Nov 12th 2018
      When the idea of GZA doing a documentary was first introduced to me
Nov 12th 2018

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Mon Nov-12-18 11:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Do you know any of the folks involved in this?"
In response to Reply # 0

>https://wutangbook.com/2018/11/09/celebrate-the-25th-anniversary-of-wutangclan-by-watching-a-new-documentary-on-the-crew/
>
>Wisdom power all being born to god.
>
>Happy 25th to the Wu

I looked at all the names and didn't recognize anyone. That gives me an idea if it's worth my while or not. I only want to watch documentaries from people who have been listening to Wu-Tang for 25 years.

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Mon Nov-12-18 01:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "No I don’t. I watched it though "
In response to Reply # 1

No surprises for any diehard Wu fan. I understand why the ASAP cats and Joey Badass were added, but some of the new people seem to have no connection to Wu. At least ASAP fam did a song with Meth and Joey is obviously a Wu student.

I thought it was okay. Still waiting for the Gza documentary on Wu but clearly that has taken forever. No pun.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Mon Nov-12-18 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "When the idea of GZA doing a documentary was first introduced to me"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon Nov-12-18 01:29 PM by micMajestic

>No surprises for any diehard Wu fan. I understand why the
>ASAP cats and Joey Badass were added, but some of the new
>people seem to have no connection to Wu. At least ASAP fam did
>a song with Meth and Joey is obviously a Wu student.
>
>I thought it was okay. Still waiting for the Gza documentary
>on Wu but clearly that has taken forever. No pun.

i vaguely remember it being accompanied by some raw uncut footage of brothers in their element. Am I bugging, or is that how it went? As excited as I was about that idea, at this point most of the unflattering material has likely been removed, for various reasons. And that was part of the magic.

GZA can still give us something special with all the footage he's got though. But if there's not someone reputable actively going through all of it, we're not going to ever get anything.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13296896 Previous topic | Next topic