Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13290903

Subject: "just got back from haiti" Previous topic | Next topic
Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Wed Oct-10-18 09:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"just got back from haiti"

i was about to go for 4th of july but couldnt work out the arrangements

and then when i woulda been there, this happened-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-haiti-protests/haitian-civil-unrest-enters-third-day-despite-fuel-hike-reversal-idUSKBN1JY0SQ

tl;dr- IMF basically said we need to raise yall gas to ~$20/gal to pay back these loans.... and the whole country said FUNKDATT, "burnin&lootin"(c)bob, shut down the airports, all that

anyway, missing that trip worked out.

so i been there for this past week, trying to get arrangements to the north side of the country to see the citadel/fortress, emperor's palace, etc... but tourism aint really developed here yet, so getting around on "short" notice aint easy. i was gonna have to jump thru hoops to make the north side of the trip work, so after much hesitation and nonrefundable transactions, i gave up. turns out the day my flight woulda been coming back from the north...like the exact lift off time, the 2nd earthquake happened

woulda had me out here like this-
https://youtu.be/Nzu1V5GzIPY?t=32

anyway anyway, civil unrest and natural disasters aside, the trip was cool. neighborhood tours, went to a club, ended the trip at a resort (wit pretty much zero whitefolks...not like the other islands). oh and the prime minister was staying at the same resort. sat at the next table over from him at breakfast.

thinking on a larger scale, shouldnt the caribbean be basically
the french riviera for negroes? not just cruise ship stops, but whole islands should be able to raise the standards of living, wipe out the poverty,violence, etc. Youd figure theres gotta be enough expats getting money in the US and europe now to come back and build things up. and enough american Blks looking for a way out of babylon but aint tryna spend 13 hrs and $900 getting to africa.
oh well. in the meantime, chinese is moving in and building up. smh

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
chinese is moving in and building up. smh
Oct 10th 2018
invest in chinese businesses? duplicate them?
Oct 10th 2018
Haiti is beautiful, glad people are visiting.
Oct 10th 2018
so what's the end game in Haiti?
Oct 21st 2021
so what happened?
Mar 15th 2022
Island economies are doomed
Mar 15th 2022
It’s not a good investment concept.
Mar 16th 2022
I was in Santo Domingo in November
Mar 16th 2022

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Oct-10-18 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. " chinese is moving in and building up. smh"
In response to Reply # 0

is there a way to invest in this? I know that's lazy, but since you put that out there I thought I'd ask.

I saw some football player rocking a hat that said Make Africa Home Again. You make some interesting points here. The 'lack of whiteness' really stood out. Thanks for sharing, and glad you made it out safe.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Wed Oct-10-18 12:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "invest in chinese businesses? duplicate them?"
In response to Reply # 1

they are coming and doing official govt projects, bridge building, etc...supposedly they built highways in jamaica, put some tolls on it, and now some of the poorer folks cant travel to the other side of the country anymore

and the everyday citizens are coming over opening grocery stores, restaurants, etc
https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/chinese-entrepreneurs-launch-the-next-caribbean-invasion/89826

only way i see to get in would be a direct partnership, which aint happening, or set up the same shop across the street.

in africa they are getting a lot of direct govt contracts so i dont even know if competition is possible. but still opportunities to do what ever u want outside of that

i saw that football players hat. akon spoke on something similar on drink champs. next year is the 400 yr 'memorial' of the slave trade in the colonies (although the 400 is not actually true), so there are gonna be a lot of remembrance/repatriation/welcoming events all year. ghana is already getting started.

>is there a way to invest in this? I know that's lazy, but
>since you put that out there I thought I'd ask.
>
>I saw some football player rocking a hat that said Make Africa
>Home Again. You make some interesting points here. The 'lack
>of whiteness' really stood out. Thanks for sharing, and glad
>you made it out safe.

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

IsaIsaIsa
Member since May 01st 2008
5862 posts
Wed Oct-10-18 11:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Haiti is beautiful, glad people are visiting."
In response to Reply # 0

www.Tupreme.com

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Oct-21-21 06:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "so what's the end game in Haiti?"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Mar-15-22 09:06 PM

5. "so what happened?"
In response to Reply # 4

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Tue Mar-15-22 10:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Island economies are doomed"
In response to Reply # 0

other than tourism once those resources run dry you gonna have major economic problems PLUS

you white listed by the evil empire and surrounded by former euro colonies that are hell bent on making an example out of you.

African nations should really embrace this 6 region stuff they talked about a few weeks ago and establish connections.

If I had 50k in cash I'd be buying land and property in an African nation.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Wed Mar-16-22 04:39 AM

7. "It’s not a good investment concept. "
In response to Reply # 6
Wed Mar-16-22 04:40 AM by allStah

Caribbean Islands rely heavily on tourism and entertainment
to generate revenue, and with the yearly threat that a hurricane
could cause major damage to the land, any type of real estate investment
would come with great worry and concern.

One would be better of investing in the resources that they are known
to produce, like bananas, sugar, rum, gold,etc.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Mar-16-22 06:01 AM

8. "I was in Santo Domingo in November"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-16-22 06:12 AM by makaveli

While I don’t know too much about the politics there, I remember thinking if the government would just put some money into infrastructure, they could make it so much nicer. The the whole city is on the water, so it’s really beautiful. They have all these poor neighborhoods, and when you walk out of the entrance of the hood, it’s a beautiful view of the sea. But street lighting is poor even on the highways. There are a couple of nice neighborhoods that are taken care of, but other than that it seems like the government doesn’t nothing to help people. PS driving there is completely insane.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Lobby General Discussion topic #13290903 Previous topic | Next topic