Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13283384

Subject: ""look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head."~Fday whatgood?" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 11:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head."~Fday whatgood?"
Fri Aug-31-18 11:20 AM by PG

long weekend
bbq & smoker cracking on monday
one kid coming over
beer in fridge
payday.. money done gone been spent though *throws a few more tears in his bucket*

well that's the skinny over here. what you got?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
"couldn't find his own ass with two hands and a map"
Aug 31st 2018
naw man it's all good.
Aug 31st 2018
      I definitely don't live for it that's part of the problem lol
Aug 31st 2018
           yep that's the M~O... start planning your retirement
Aug 31st 2018
"What time yo' momma leavin???"
Aug 31st 2018
Gonna rain all weekend. Plan to stay in and clean the house.
Aug 31st 2018
Keep getting sent home from work over injuries
Aug 31st 2018
PS4 but it doesn't see much of me these days
Aug 31st 2018
Are you a trainer? Do you stand all day
Aug 31st 2018
      oi.. still have to check your prototype
Aug 31st 2018
           Word
Sep 01st 2018
Finishing up the website...
Aug 31st 2018
yes
Aug 31st 2018
Everything I PLAN to accomplish in the next 3 days...
Aug 31st 2018
wingfest
Aug 31st 2018

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ""couldn't find his own ass with two hands and a map""
In response to Reply # 0

Allergies have got me feeling like shit and tired this week.
My house is fucking disgusting right now which I believe is a reflection of how I've been feeling.
Have a ticket to Atmosphere/Evidence tonight but might bail on it.
Watched "The Shop" last night and the discussion about how when you notice yourself just mailing it in at your job it's time to go has me feeling career anxiety.

Sorry for the confession Friday post. This weekend I'm just trying to get my shit together and reset.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 11:47 AM

2. "naw man it's all good."
In response to Reply # 1

try and make the show.. you'll probably be glad you did... but I totally know the feeling and have bailed many a time myself.

day jobs are great and all but don't live for them.. the convergence of passion and meal ticket is rarer than it probably should be imo... i don't know I had kids early so high risk moves were never really an option and have had to focus more on just holding it down so my philosophy on work is grind it out and get on with the rest of life.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:04 PM

6. "I definitely don't live for it that's part of the problem lol"
In response to Reply # 2

My job overall is great but I feel like career-wise I'm stagnating. Part of me doesnt give a fuck and the other part of me feels guilty for not giving a fuck. I think I'm kind of hitting a plateau of motivation in my 30's. In my 20's everything was new and I was excited and motivated. Now I'm just feeling bored of it and wondering how I'm gonna do it for 35 more years.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:20 PM

8. "yep that's the M~O... start planning your retirement"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm way behind on that one myself but my new gig has a pension so that's a plus... theory is I got 22 years left or something? dam I can't o that time but fact is I'll likely be doing even more time than that unless I check out early.. yeah i can't sustain ambition for what I do so there's no real career goal or path at this point just paychecks... it's not right and probably does me no favors.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 11:54 AM

3. ""What time yo' momma leavin???""
In response to Reply # 0

Tryna bounce up outta this jawn in about an hour..
Still up in the air about House in the Park, I think my time for enjoying that passed. 2016 I enjoyed myself, 2017 I hung with the grandkid at the Chattahoochie, this year...ehh...im really not feeling it. Would rather take that money and buy a ticket for WaterSeed...or some rekkids, lol.

Lot's to do in the A this weekend...I'll try and make "somethin'" happen

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13577 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 11:54 AM

4. "Gonna rain all weekend. Plan to stay in and clean the house."
In response to Reply # 0

My crib looks like a homeless encampment. Gotta do something about this. I need to get some more craft beer before I get home.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28852 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:01 PM

5. "Keep getting sent home from work over injuries"
In response to Reply # 0

They wouldn't let me work because I kept limping.

I am another two days away from heading to a dispensary and getting a topical. Do topicals show up on drug tests? How long do they take to clear?

This new em album is trash.

PG, what console do you have?

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:16 PM

7. "PS4 but it doesn't see much of me these days"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm guessing topicals will show up but really don't know man.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79711 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:00 PM

10. "Are you a trainer? Do you stand all day "
In response to Reply # 5

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:45 PM

12. "oi.. still have to check your prototype"
In response to Reply # 10

but I haven't forgotten and I've been thinking on your monetization issue some.. will inbox you later on with thoughts.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79711 posts
Sat Sep-01-18 11:09 PM

15. "Word"
In response to Reply # 12

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 01:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Finishing up the website..."
In response to Reply # 0

it’s going to take me the whole weekend to finalize contents to the developer. The ghostwriter I hired did an amazing job articulating my thoughts. I’ve always been amazed with a good writers. The challenge now is communicating with the developer because they’re so technical.

I’m excited about it, tho...

Other than that, no plans for the weekend...

Y’all celebrate Labor Day in Canada?

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:44 PM

11. "yes"
In response to Reply # 9

yes we do... and I am very much looking forward to the day off

I like writing... I'm technical but also good at the communication/service soft skills too... at least I like to think so... theory is that it is why i get paid the slightly better than middling if not big bucks.

pay no attention to the horrible abuse of grammar and punctuation that I engage in daily here.. I am capable dammit!!!!

Dstl1
Charter member
56239 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:54 PM

13. "Everything I PLAN to accomplish in the next 3 days..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hit the Nike Outlet and grab a few pairs
Barbershop appointment tomorrow
Wingfest!! (It's exactly what it sounds like it is, lol)
Gym - Saturday and Monday
Long bike ride - Sunday
Go see a movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro9ebQxEOY
Watch college football
Catch up on Insecure
Catch up on Lebron Barbershop joints
Binge Ozark: Season 2

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 03:08 PM

14. "wingfest"
In response to Reply # 13

word.

had wings the other night but was too lazy to make my buffalo sauce.. I'm sad.. I feel like it was a missed opportunity... here I am all craving it now but it's like just did wings so not gonna sell that one to Shimmy again already... gotta come up with some other meal I'm just not feeling as much in this moment... and here you are hitting the festival.. enjoy man.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13283384 Previous topic | Next topic