Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13282760

Subject: "what temperature do you set the office to?" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 09:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"what temperature do you set the office to?"

how about home?

if you dont control either (side eye) what temperature would you like it to be set to?

im between 68/70 at the office. i have a swamp cooler at home so it just stays on, wish it would get down to 70 lol

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Work in an office tower so it's cold in here, ambient temperature at hom...
Aug 29th 2018
whats the avg temp outside??
Aug 29th 2018
      97f & humid out right now. Upper 80s/Low 90s most of the summer.
Aug 29th 2018
           “IM NOT GON’ BE ABLE TO DO!” - Double X Posse
Aug 29th 2018
Work should be 70-72
Aug 29th 2018
72 is uncomfortable
Aug 29th 2018
Cold as possible.
Aug 29th 2018
thats what im saying
Aug 29th 2018
as cold as i'm allowed to get away with.
Aug 29th 2018
66...might be a little too cold for me
Aug 29th 2018
I work from home...
Aug 29th 2018
you're one in a million
Aug 29th 2018
Crib, between 68 and 73, at office it's between 48 and 52. Yes, that's r...
Aug 29th 2018
haha i was like thats extreme
Aug 29th 2018

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 10:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Work in an office tower so it's cold in here, ambient temperature at hom..."
In response to Reply # 0

Windows open & no AC so it's whatever the temperature is outside, plus or minus a few depending on what room.

If I could, it would always be on the warm side. I'm not with that cold shit.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 10:24 AM

2. "whats the avg temp outside??"
In response to Reply # 1

this is crazy talk to me

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 01:45 PM

8. "97f & humid out right now. Upper 80s/Low 90s most of the summer."
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Aug-29-18 01:56 PM by flipnile

Having a ceiling fan really helps. Even before the AC broke (window unit), I'd only turn it on really hot & humid days like this.

At home, in my little home studio, I like it warm/hot. I like to wear minimal clothing.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 05:11 PM

14. "“IM NOT GON’ BE ABLE TO DO!” - Double X Posse"
In response to Reply # 8
Wed Aug-29-18 05:12 PM by DJR

Last summer my window unit stopped working around August. I figured summer was almost over and just went without it. I had some of the most miserable days and nights dealing with that uncontrolled heat and humidity.

This new window unit I got this year that actually has a thermostat, connects to WiFi, etc....this is gold! I’ve been comfortable all summer, sleeping great, etc. This thing blows away my old window unit which had no thermostat and would make things way too cold if it was on for more than an hour, and then too hot within an hour after I shut it off. I can never go back.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 11:42 AM

3. "Work should be 70-72"
In response to Reply # 0

Home....depends on what I'm doing. Usually 72 but 74 if I'm nakedish and chillin

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 11:46 AM

4. "72 is uncomfortable"
In response to Reply # 3

71 is okay for a while

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 01:33 PM

5. "Cold as possible."
In response to Reply # 0

Even in the winter.
It helps with drowsiness, and gives me a reason to keep my door shut all the time.
http://oi66.tinypic.com/r7191g.jpg

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 02:48 PM

10. "thats what im saying"
In response to Reply # 5

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 01:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "as cold as i'm allowed to get away with."
In response to Reply # 0

at the office, i don't control anything, but i have a good fan that i just keep blowing on me at all times. fwiw it doesn't get too hot in our office.

at home, windows open always. if it gets over 75 outside i'm prone to throw on our A/C set at 66.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 02:50 PM

11. "66...might be a little too cold for me"
In response to Reply # 6

ill take it instead of dealing with 73 and up

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 01:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I work from home..."
In response to Reply # 0

I’m going through the change so I keep the a/c on and the ceiling fans doing. My electric bill high as the sky but, I’d rather be cold than hot...

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 02:48 PM

9. "you're one in a million"
In response to Reply # 7

always seems to be that girls say its too cold right when im comfortable lol

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 03:16 PM

12. "Crib, between 68 and 73, at office it's between 48 and 52. Yes, that's r..."
In response to Reply # 0

I guess the closest thing to an office I have is a hockey rink and it's always cold as fuck in there, obviously. I get a kick out of the ones in places like Vegas, Phoenix and Tampa where's hot as shit outside and you have to dash from the parking lot to the entrance because you're wearing a North Face outfit when everyone else is three-quarters naked outside.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Aug-29-18 03:35 PM

13. "haha i was like thats extreme"
In response to Reply # 12

i used to work in the meat department and freezer at walmart so that got me used to the cold too.

growing up in the desert probably primed to crave it cold lol

Lobby General Discussion topic #13282760 Previous topic | Next topic