Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13266694

Subject: "Blood donor=yay! Plasma donor=eww!" Previous topic | Next topic
tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Jun-15-18 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Blood donor=yay! Plasma donor=eww!"

Just some shit I thought about on the train this morning...

I'm a regular blood donor, but the thought of donating plasma...even for money gives me the creeps. I know physically, the process is longer, and from what I hear painful.

But it's not the physical...it's the way we look at plasma donors. Like, only broke people do it...like it's one step BELOW cash advance places.

What chall think? Anybody ever donated plasma before?

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Donated plasma in college for awhile
Jun 15th 2018
WTF @ this shit?!..
Jun 15th 2018
      I was like "cool, something different, and it's a great movie"
Jun 15th 2018
Nah, all this is "eww" to me.
Jun 15th 2018

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jun-15-18 09:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Donated plasma in college for awhile"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-15-18 09:56 AM by Marauder21

You're right in that the people are definitely looked at different. Like it's assumed that by walking into the plasma donation center you're trying to scam someone. The first time you go in to do it, it's basically an all-day thing. I remember waiting for long stretches of time in between various tests they do to make sure you're not using drugs, though at this point at least a few long-time regulars eventually had to be turned away because of new track marks on their arms (giving plasma twice a week WILL give you arm veins that make you look like a junkie,) so it's not entirely without reason. But this is just for the first time you do it, once they have a record of you they just need to do a finger prick and look at your veins.

It's no more painful than giving blood, the only thing that hurts is the initial needle entrance (for me.) The whole donation process takes between 45-60 minutes usually, because it has to go in cycles (draw blood, put it back in you, draw more, put it back.) There's kind of a warm, tingling sensation when it goes back into your arm, but no pain. The place I went to had a TV with one of the following playing on DVD while you donated: the first Fast & Furious movie, Training Day, some Jamie Foxx Kings of Comedy knockoff and once Requiem for a Dream (which is a horrible thing to show to people sitting with needles stuck in their arms.) But it was cool getting to know the technicians, it was weirdly like being a regular at a bar.

Just make sure you eat a not-terrible meal beforehand and probably a little something after, too. Saw more than one person pass out in a chair because they either didn't eat before or just ate a large fries or whatever. I did once pass out briefly AFTER donating, but I blame that on intently watching Requiem with a needle in my arm.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Fri Jun-15-18 09:57 AM

3. "WTF @ this shit?!.."
In response to Reply # 1

> The place I went
>to had a TV with one of the following playing on DVD while you
>donated: the first Fast & Furious movie, Training Day, some
>Jamie Foxx Kings of Comedy knockoff and once Requiem for a
>Dream (which is a horrible thing to show to people sitting
>with needles stuck in their arms.) But it was cool getting to
>know the technicians, it was weirdly like being a regular at a
>bar.
>
>just make sure you eat a not-terrible meal beforehand and
>probably a little something after, too. Saw more than one
>person pass out in a chair because they either didn't eat
>before or just ate a large fries or whatever. I did once pass
>out briefly AFTER donating, but I blame that on intently
>watching Requiem with a needle in my arm.

this shit sounds like a cruel joke.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jun-15-18 10:01 AM

4. "I was like "cool, something different, and it's a great movie""
In response to Reply # 3

I walked out of there wanting to die, lol. And I didn't even get to Leto's arm falling off/ass to ass.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Fri Jun-15-18 09:54 AM

2. "Nah, all this is "eww" to me."
In response to Reply # 0

Gave blood in HS. Shit felt like the life was being drained out of me. Not doing that shit again unless there is a direct need. I did not like that feeling, at all.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13266694 Previous topic | Next topic