Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13258529

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed May-16-18 06:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Later

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I need to hit the road (vacation).
May 16th 2018
We have a goal of making 120K as a family
May 16th 2018
**fingers crossed**
May 16th 2018
*salute*
May 16th 2018
Rootin' for you bruh...
May 16th 2018
You gonna be in CLT on the weekend of the 9th?
May 17th 2018
all is vanity...
May 16th 2018
I had that scene from Atlanta happen this week.
May 16th 2018
Stay strong!!! Fight the good fight bruh!!!
May 16th 2018
Thanks. Can't let these crackers hold us down!!!
May 17th 2018
that's hard to hear from a school.
May 16th 2018
Here we go, real rap
May 21st 2018
No matter how hard I try, I cannot get to work on time.
May 16th 2018
what’s your strategy?
May 16th 2018
      see...I'm not used to rigid schedules.
May 16th 2018
           oh yeah. I understand...
May 16th 2018
           Its a headache.
May 16th 2018
                I understand...
May 16th 2018
           breh they kill me with that shit
May 17th 2018
                Cross your Ts and Dot your Is, man:
May 17th 2018
                I had a college marketing gig like that
May 17th 2018
was listening to a lil podcast and heard a reference i made on here
May 16th 2018
dude. If they bittin’, you might need to post more...
May 16th 2018
      lol.....
May 16th 2018
           lol. dude you know I talk like Cardi...
May 16th 2018
                Gotcha. Thought u meant twitter/ig
May 16th 2018
I just effin' love gettin' those..
May 16th 2018
they called the cops on a sleeping black student at my school
May 16th 2018
Someone once told me the most racist place in America
May 17th 2018
2018 has already been the best year of my life professionally
May 16th 2018
This didn't need its own post.
May 17th 2018
damn
May 17th 2018
You know he was folks say Angela Bassett looks ageless.
May 20th 2018
While filling out the unit field in a spreadsheet i entered "g"
May 22nd 2018
Cell phone hotspot + web browser configured to use only that connection
May 22nd 2018
      If they have spyware software will they not see it all still?
May 22nd 2018

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed May-16-18 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I need to hit the road (vacation)."
In response to Reply # 0

Haven't really taken time off just for myself since the early 00s. Just a day or two off every now and again. I need to take about 5 days (plus the weekends making it 9) and just hit the road and go exploring.

A lot of the things I want to see are out west (Death Valley, the Rockies, Utah's deserts, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, the giant sequoias, etc) so I gotta a plan a trip out there soon as well.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:03 PM

2. "We have a goal of making 120K as a family"
In response to Reply # 0

We aren’t there yet but we are closer than ever before.

After crunching numbers and getting more info I think we may be able to keep the kids in daycare. While I prefer they don’t go I have to admit I really love seeing my daughter play with friends when I go to pick her up. Plus they get summers off.

Going to ATL for my nephews graduation. We are leaving the kids with my sister for 2 weeks. Can’t wait to spend some quality time with the wife. We really need to kind a reliable baby sitter so we can have date nights. Folks offer but of course once you need them they have other things going on.

It’s been a rough 5 months and we have been drowning in bills. Finally seeing the light is awesome.

I have a few projects at work that will look great in the portfolio. Well, at least I should have a good process for the portfolio. My boss tends to fight against good design. Have to find a way to make it feel like he helped create the work or he won’t sogn off on it. Ego ego!!!

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "**fingers crossed**"
In response to Reply # 2

I’m cheering for you

/
Im loving what my granddaughter is learning at school. she’ll cry if she can’t go. One time, she was cutting up in the store and when I threatened to lay hands on her- she said, “im telling ms. so and so”...her teacher.

she also raises her hand now when she wants to speak...

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:33 PM

6. "*salute*"
In response to Reply # 2

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:35 PM

11. "Rootin' for you bruh..."
In response to Reply # 2

Been following your updates for a min. Feel you on the dough...daycare...time wit' da wiz...ALLA That (we ain't had an official vacay since '14...stay-cationed for our 10 year anny last year).

So Hold'ja head....ye'en ou'chere in the struggle alone.

...and believe me when I say I can tell you real fast how 2+ bucks a year (collectively) can go, and STILL check-to-checkin' it.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Thu May-17-18 09:37 AM

31. "You gonna be in CLT on the weekend of the 9th? "
In response to Reply # 2

I'll be in town (playing at Soul). Come thru homie...I may have a reliable sitter for you.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "all is vanity..."
In response to Reply # 0

It saddened by how f’ed up the world is right now. I can’t be involved in fruitless discussion anymore.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:25 PM

4. "I had that scene from Atlanta happen this week. "
In response to Reply # 0

A teacher from our kids school said point blank that the school wasn't the right school for my kids need. Not for the Atlanta reason though, because of his learning challenges. Shit hurts. The boys love that school. And it would suck to have to take one of them out of it (I guess we would want to take both of them out).

What's crazy is last week I was the strong one and my wife was falling apart but I guess I was hopeful that the school would be a better resource. This week my wife was the one talking about "Fuck em all". We got this.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Wed May-16-18 01:34 PM

7. "Stay strong!!! Fight the good fight bruh!!! "
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Thu May-17-18 08:38 AM

29. "Thanks. Can't let these crackers hold us down!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

tariqhu
Charter member
17896 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "that's hard to hear from a school."
In response to Reply # 4

stay strong bruh.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Mon May-21-18 08:19 AM

33. "Here we go, real rap"
In response to Reply # 4
Mon May-21-18 08:21 AM by DVS

The boy was diagnosed as "Highly Functioning Autistic" by the school he attends. This isn't a medical diagnosis...but it's the diagnosis the district requires to lock him into the services he'll need for the next 3 years.

His school isn't rated very highly. It's a city school for a near suburb of the metro area...and as such, they get all kinds.

I wouldn't change that school for the world, b.

The services that a school is able to provide is ESSENTIAL for a child with developmental delay.

At the start of the school year, Buddy was spazzing the fuck out, couldn't hang out in his normal class for extended periods. Towards the middle of the year, he was taking all of his courses directly in the CALMM room from a teacher that he had imprinted with.

Now, as the school year wraps up, he's sitting in class, seeking friendships, behaving protectively of his other "develpmentally delayed" students....

In short...that bond between the siblings is important...but you need to get your child in the best arena for them to glimpse success.

Sometimes, that's not the same school...and it will hurt for them (and for you as the parent who has to pick up/drop off)...but it's essential man. Bud was accepted into the top school in the city because he is just that fucking bright...but we didn't move him because that bond he had with the current staff trumped any additional data he could have gleaned from that magnet school.

My two cents. Don't stress....it's unfortunate but nothing you can't handle.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed May-16-18 02:50 PM

8. "No matter how hard I try, I cannot get to work on time. "
In response to Reply # 0

and the fucked up part is that I am under a microscope so when shit naturally goes bad i cant get from under it

today I got to the train on time

trains were delayed

I got to the city, to my transfer, that train was running late

I grabbed a cab

I had a big one on one with my bosses boss. I emailed dude to say that I was maybe running late.

I get in only 5 minutes late.

we meet.

I get to my desk

my boss is like "Yo, where TF were you?!"

I said "i was meeting with so and so"

he says "Oh...well..nevermind"

dude just wolfed up on me

"The Boss just emailed me cuz...we been talked about this!"

Right now, i got the job shit happening, my wife has been out of town for two weeks and I'm on dad duty along with all the other shit in my life

I've been running a location tracking aplet that automatically logs when I officially enter the building and when I leave the location because I'm tired of this fuck shit.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:34 PM

10. "what’s your strategy?"
In response to Reply # 8

which one do you try to be...

arrive at work right on time
for example, at 8

Or

arrive a few minutes early
like...745, 750

double negative
22151 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:38 PM

12. "see...I'm not used to rigid schedules. "
In response to Reply # 10

>which one do you try to be...
>
>arrive at work right on time
>for example, at 8
>
>Or
>
>arrive a few minutes early
>like...745, 750
>
>

for me its both. By "rigid schedules" I mean having to be around to just be around. I'm used to jobs where the only thing that matters if if you get your shit done or not. So, some days I'm in early as fuck (so if in this example I'm due at 8 I'll sometimes show up at 5 or 6am). Most days I'm on time and a lot of the time I'm staying late anyway.

This shit is so old school. Its very much about face time. It sometimes feel like showing up is more important than getting your shit done.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 04:06 PM

17. "oh yeah. I understand..."
In response to Reply # 12

it can be tough. How long you think you’ll be there?

I’m the opposite.
when my boss told me, “there’s no such thing as being late here”. I was like, “oh, y’all too loose for me” lol

double negative
22151 posts
Wed May-16-18 04:17 PM

20. "Its a headache. "
In response to Reply # 17

>it can be tough. How long you think you’ll be there?
>
Its been two years already. This is the kind of place where people settle in and just lean back. Most people around me have been here for over 5 years. Its really the kind of place where you can ride it out to till death...and people here do, I literally receive one email a week stating "Unfortunately we have to report that Mr. So and So has passed, you can forward flowers to...."

I'm thinking I have one, maybe two more years left. I'm ready to do something else. I'm already tired of feeling like my life is pointless here. I need work to be meaningful and this is a really good way to keep the family afloat, buuuuuuuuuut, I ain't creaming my pants to do this shit most days.

>I’m the opposite.
>when my boss told me, “there’s no such thing as being late
>here”. I was like, “oh, y’all too loose for me” lol

I've been in that sort of arrangement as well, that stuff is normally a big trap to get you to work yourself to the ragged bone. Its kinda like when places offer up unlimited vacations but the big punchline is that NO ONE takes vacations, ever.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 04:31 PM

21. "I understand..."
In response to Reply # 20

best of luck with your future endeavors

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85078 posts
Thu May-17-18 06:13 AM

24. "breh they kill me with that shit"
In response to Reply # 12

>
>This shit is so old school. Its very much about face time. It
>sometimes feel like showing up is more important than getting
>your shit done.
>

my boss is like bkwhat you can come and go as you need to, as long as you hit your marks

in retrospect i should've known it was a trap but aight bet

ffwd 2 months im crushing it and she hits me up like "oh we need to have a meeting. im getting complaints you coming in late (maybe 30 mins), leaving early (maybe 10 mins to get a jump on the gym crowd after work), being gone for lunch long (aight she got me here), disappearing during the day (meetings)."

is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

so now most afternoons im kicked up watching soccer or just hanging out in the warehouse. but because im there, no one makes a fuss.

<--- Big Baller World Order

flipnile
13575 posts
Thu May-17-18 07:00 AM

25. "Cross your Ts and Dot your Is, man:"
In response to Reply # 24
Thu May-17-18 07:05 AM by flipnile

>im getting complaints

I roughly do the same things that you do (work schedule-wise), but flexible schedules are built in (I start when I get in).

I can't go back to the old way. Just doesn't work for a lot of people that do mentally-expensive jobs to be forced into the same rigid schedules that other employees are on.

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Thu May-17-18 09:19 AM

30. "I had a college marketing gig like that"
In response to Reply # 24

we are salary and these fools kept sending emails talking about "work starts at 9AM sharp"

does showing up at 9:05 really impact the offices day?

Not at all.

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:26 PM

9. "was listening to a lil podcast and heard a reference i made on here"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-16-18 03:31 PM by ambient1

abt Atlanta's writers not knowing black women....damn near word for word...they fleshed it out more but yeah (Bad Advice Show)
last year i saw a term(word for word) i concocted on here in a goofy post, trending on twitter
funny

--I really really need anger management...I've been fighting the label of having a bad attitude my whole life...I never thought I had one...I own up to having a quick temper but never thought it was enough to give me the label of having a bad attitude...when i was a little kid, old people would always tell me to fix my face or stop pouting or my fave's 'what's wrongggg?' 'smilllle'....
i don't mistreat people...i don't disrespect people...but when i am 'bothered' I don't manage it very well...at best I completely shutdown and take a long walk....i've taken a lot of long walks and it doesn't work no more

I aspire for the Kyrie-meme faces when disgruntled but it usually comes off like Clint Eastwood...
I get huffy and asshole-ish and my patience is getting shorter...
I need to get it together because it's getting worse...especially professionally

=======================================
Coolin...

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:54 PM

15. "dude. If they bittin’, you might need to post more..."
In response to Reply # 9

lol @ how you described yourself
I can see that
yet, I’ve followed you long enough to know that you’re the really cool cousin

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:58 PM

16. "lol..... "
In response to Reply # 15

followed?

Coolin...

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed May-16-18 04:10 PM

18. "lol. dude you know I talk like Cardi..."
In response to Reply # 16

not like stalker stuff
youve been here long enough for folks to know who you are
like, Norm from Cheers...

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed May-16-18 04:17 PM

19. "Gotcha. Thought u meant twitter/ig"
In response to Reply # 18

Coolin...

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Wed May-16-18 03:49 PM

14. "I just effin' love gettin' those.."
In response to Reply # 0

"There is a new note waiting for you", from daycare. Look, I ain't gotta "Up in your face" persona by no means, but I'm bout to go OFF!!

Provider says she needs two more sets of clothes. This is the third week in a row my lil man had an accident (he's 4). It's always at nap time, too. Now..he hasn't had an accident at the crib for atleast a year and a half. I understand things happen so we've been letting it go, but young...THREE WEEKS in a row!? I call shenanigans. Once I get him by himself, it's always..."She was upstairs, and she gets mad when we open the gate." I've seen him do it, so I know he can open it..! I told'm if he has to go...then go. I will deal with the repercussions and tell her why I told him to do as much. So, this is me getting it off my chest and prayerfully this won't go awry...but it's time to ask some questions.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Wed May-16-18 08:26 PM

22. "they called the cops on a sleeping black student at my school"
In response to Reply # 0

twice. i so wish she would have blown this situation up the way the yale one is happening. this happened in 2015.
they thought she was homeless
from a distance, she looked like she was covered in the padding you find under carpets. but when i got closer to her she had on fish nets and boots up to her knees and a plaid skirt. on the other side of her were her books and a cup.
i walk in with this white woman at the same time. we see the lady on the couch. she stops, i keep walking and i notice her clothing and her books, she is clearly a student. i do what i had to do in the kitchen go to the bathroom, come out and don't see the white lady. i go outside and she is on the phone with the dean who tells her to call the cops.
i'm like no, wait. she's not homeless she is a student. how can you call the cops on a student?!?!? she's like you don't know she's a student, i said go ask her! so i go, wake up the girl, ask her if she is alright, she said yes, just tired working on a project all night. I go back to white lady and i'm like all you had to do was ask! all you had to do was get closer to see she isn't homeless! (this white lady has an adopted black daughter. adopted her when she was days old. her ex husband was super racist and i believe she is too, regardless of her having a black daughter. her ex never wanted her to have braids or anything like that in her hair. he didn't want her to look like every other black girl in chicago)i stopped talking to her after that. i didn't like her to begin with and i was tired of having to answer black questions regarding her daughters hair.
come to find out someone else (the it guy) had called the cops on her earlier! and they came and were telling her she had to leave and couldn't sleep there. which is 100000% bullshit. the couch was there for students to sleep on, which they did all the time.
the girl complained to the dean who gave her a bullshit ass answer (i saw all of the emails) and i think she left the program the following semester
i've lived in ny, orlando and now chicago. never in my life have dealt with ignorant, racist white people like i do every day at work.

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Thu May-17-18 08:19 AM

27. "Someone once told me the most racist place in America"
In response to Reply # 22

... was right outside Chicago.

He said it with such conviction too.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed May-16-18 09:07 PM

23. "2018 has already been the best year of my life professionally"
In response to Reply # 0

money hasnt changed much, but Im definitely leveling up

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu May-17-18 07:35 AM

26. "This didn't need its own post. "
In response to Reply # 0

The Charlotte Airport has a bathroom attendant (?)

Or at least someone that's doing that work. I hope he's on staff. Dude opened a stall door for me, sprayed something on the seat, wiped it down, then sprayed a dab of air freshener.

It was a very surreal experience

Dude even offered me a towel after. No mints or cologne though.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79629 posts
Thu May-17-18 08:28 AM

28. "damn"
In response to Reply # 26

I ain't never heard that shit before. hand towels and turning on the water but wiping the seat down?

I found this
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/article32645127.html

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Sun May-20-18 05:50 PM

32. "You know he was folks say Angela Bassett looks ageless."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi_KarXHXTk/

Not so much here.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Tue May-22-18 04:03 PM

34. "While filling out the unit field in a spreadsheet i entered "g""
In response to Reply # 0

I snickered.

Also, no internet for personal use at work is lame.

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue May-22-18 04:07 PM

35. "Cell phone hotspot + web browser configured to use only that connection"
In response to Reply # 34

+ private/incognito browsing.

I actually unplug my work network cable and many days just work off my hotspot. Ironically, we have network restrictions that I need to get around to do work, so I use my hotspot more for work than personal.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Tue May-22-18 04:22 PM

36. "If they have spyware software will they not see it all still?"
In response to Reply # 35

Lobby General Discussion topic #13258529 Previous topic | Next topic