Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13250301

Subject: "anyone ever join a class action lawsuit? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"anyone ever join a class action lawsuit? "

so my VW is STILL at the dealership. The extended warranty is covering most of the repairs (jah bless). However, I'm still on the hook for 1K for the labor and gaskets and tax (they cap the labor charge and don't cover diagnostics or tax).

So... the timing chain slipped and it ruined the cam shaft or some shit and basically fucked up the engine. Its cheaper to get a used engine than to fix the cam shafts (so they say).

I go online and see that VW has a lawsuit against them because this timing chain tension shit is a real problem in certain models from 209 to 2012. My CC is a 2011. I brought it up with them and they hem and hawed and said they would try to work with me on the labor charges. I'm going to keep pushing them to see if I can get it down.

Wondered if anyone ever had success with this type of lawsuit.

I'm prolly going to trade this shit in right after I get it back and get a "fuck-it-bucket" I really like this car but I need a cheaper car note anyway and I don't want to deal with this happening again.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Only for small things
Apr 13th 2018
coworker said her husband still gets checks for his truck
Apr 13th 2018

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 10:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Only for small things"
In response to Reply # 0

I've gotten paid every single time, but they were smaller items than a car, not sure what the process or how long you'd have to wait for that.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79349 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 10:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "coworker said her husband still gets checks for his truck"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm not thinking I'll get rich but if I can recoup some of these dollars I will

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby General Discussion topic #13250301 Previous topic | Next topic