Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13238484

Subject: "Random observation - hip hop/rap is better with diversity " Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Feb-28-18 01:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Random observation - hip hop/rap is better with diversity "

think back to back in the day when there was a variety of sounds all happening at once

now it seems for the past few decades one sound takes over and everything sounds the same

I think this is really just a pattern of emerging genres, at first all the various root sounds are played side by side, however, eventually once the roots start to become established sounds the different styles are rarely played alongside each other.

I was cleaning the house and just started to add shit to my spotify queue

I went from 21 Savage to Dre to Lil Pump to Drake to Tupac to Black Moon to Lil Uzi, to Ghostface and all of it sounded even better because of the side by side comparison of sounds and styles.

Everything just sounds better in context.

Just a thought - like, I think it would be better for the music if all the styles and eras were played together instead of total isolation.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13238484 Previous topic | Next topic