Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13224456

Subject: "When folks use the bosses name to try and get you to do more work" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"When folks use the bosses name to try and get you to do more work"

I have this older Black lady who is kinda shady. She always says “the boss said... or the boss is looking for you” when I know damn well SHE is looking for me. I wear many hats at this gig so I’m always moving around. I may be printer a banner or cutting some shit on the plotter or designing something on the computer or even setting up emails or cleaning up a website.

Anyway. Ole girl comes up to me and says the boss said he was annoyed I was sitting down looking at my phone while the plotter was running. See says “you know, he said maybe you could cut some...” I stopped her mid sentence and said “NOPE, Tell him I’m not doing that”

So we shall see if he says anything.

I already told the office manager NOPE when she asked me to help move some dudes desk. Fuck that, that dude is 300 pounds if muscle and his name is Junior. That white dude can move that shit himself. The fuck I look like? We got young dudes in the office. Let them move shit around. No one helps me lift these heavy as banner rolls for this wide format printer.

I’m over this job. Plus I like telling people no today. I hope I don’t get fired.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
hang in there fam, I got an older white lady in my office that does some...
Jan 09th 2018
The nigga got my number and has no problem contacting me
Jan 09th 2018
      that's exactly what you should do.
Jan 09th 2018
      exactly lol...
Jan 09th 2018
I know and do more than the boss
Jan 09th 2018
I just want to say: Fuck offices.
Jan 09th 2018
bro you ain't make this post last year
Jan 09th 2018
maybe..lol.
Jan 09th 2018

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "hang in there fam, I got an older white lady in my office that does some..."
In response to Reply # 0

similar shit I just blow that shit off if my boss really wants me to do something he will tell me directly either in person or email/call/text me I don't do that messenger shit lol

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:34 AM

2. "The nigga got my number and has no problem contacting me "
In response to Reply # 1

when he wants something done.

Next time I’m going to say “oh really, let me go talk to him and see exactly what he wants”

Old lying ass liar

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:56 AM

4. "that's exactly what you should do. "
In response to Reply # 2

>Next time I’m going to say “oh really, let me go talk to
>him and see exactly what he wants”

the look on her face will be hilarious.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 03:30 PM

8. "exactly lol..."
In response to Reply # 2

>when he wants something done.
>
>Next time I’m going to say “oh really, let me go talk to
>him and see exactly what he wants”
>
>Old lying ass liar

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I know and do more than the boss"
In response to Reply # 0

The boss wouldn't have their job if it wasn't for me covering for them all the time. The boss calls asking how to do shit when someone calls them out on it and if I'm in a good mood I bail them out.

When people come to me with that "the boss said" stuff I tell em let the boss come to me with it and keep doing what I'm doing.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 12:20 PM

5. "I just want to say: Fuck offices."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-09-18 12:21 PM by flipnile

I've given up trying to make sense of things, and now just assume that most people in offices are assholes (intentionally or inadvertently).

I say this after watching a mofo with a big-ass office (which happens to be near me) have a meeting in the fucking hallway outside his office, all up near my cube being mad loud.

I'm done... working on the exit strategy now. I need to either work from home or have my own office with a door. I don't understand how people can get work done when they make so much noise not working all day.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59168 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 12:31 PM

6. "bro you ain't make this post last year"
In response to Reply # 0

seems mad familiar lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 02:12 PM

7. "maybe..lol."
In response to Reply # 6

she stay trying to play me with that shit.

I circled back and was like "you know what, maybe I can do that with the plotter"

she was like "nah, on second thought...and admitted she didn't want to ask the boss"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13224456 Previous topic | Next topic