Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13196772

Subject: "Former football players, you donating your brain to science?" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 02:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Former football players, you donating your brain to science?"

I played football from the time I was 8 until the time I was 16. I was never very good. Average at best, mostly undersized & uninterested. And I think my mediocrity and size probably saved a good portion of my brain.

Undersized and fast, they stick you at free safety. Medicore, you're not getting much tick come game day.

But I played though. Early August to early December. Oklahoma drills, 2 on 1, bull in the ring, scrimmages etc; multiple days a week about 20 weeks a year for 8 years.

I don't see any effects. My body ocassionally sways and quietly rocks. But nothing egregious.

One hand that football toughness and knowledge of the culture has allowed me to grow in areas that I otherwise wouldn't have. But taking hits to the head from age 8-16 probably stunted some other things.

I can't call it.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Do what you want, what you want with my body...WHAT YOU WANT W/MY BODY
Sep 22nd 2017
OJ could raise a billion dollars
Sep 22nd 2017
Can't take it with you.
Sep 22nd 2017

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 02:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Do what you want, what you want with my body...WHAT YOU WANT W/MY BODY"
In response to Reply # 0

(c) Lady Gaga

Donate organs. Experiment with my brain. Hopefully I'll be of some use when I'm done.

I played receiver in high school. Never got much tick though outside of practice. I don't remember ever getting any kind of head trauma. Never had a serious helmet to helmet collision
Maybe getting tackled to the ground hard does something?

But yeah, I'd donate my brain to science if they wanted it.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49414 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 02:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "OJ could raise a billion dollars"
In response to Reply # 0

If he willed his brain to the celebrity tabloid willing to pay him the most for his brain and the CTE results from the scan of his brain.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Sep-22-17 02:58 PM

3. "Can't take it with you. "
In response to Reply # 2

And whether he did it or not he'd have to be in court dealing with those people's family members until the day he dies.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Lobby General Discussion topic #13196772 Previous topic | Next topic