Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13176557

Subject: "Are there enough songs for a "FDT" playlist yet?" Previous topic | Next topic
Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15294 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 06:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Are there enough songs for a "FDT" playlist yet?"

Was listening to Oddisee's Iceberg album last night and realized, maybe I'm just drawing a total blank, but what are the great songs that address the current state of the country other than YG & Nipsey's "FDT" and Oddisee's "Like Really"? I'm sure there have to be at least a few more. Don't even have to be rap, I'm just curious if you could string together an hour of music on a CD-R that sounded modern and rebellious the way you could in either Bush era yet.

I'm putting the time stamp on Trump's inauguration in part because there's a couple songs on Yeezus you could stretch for inclusion but those are mostly facetious, and from a source of intense introversion and narcissim rather than a rational look at the world around Ye (not to mention recorded and released long before Trump as Prez was even a good SNL joke).

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Nott even close. Maybe that ATCQ joint. Leave it to the old ninjas
Jul 23rd 2017

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sun Jul-23-17 06:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Nott even close. Maybe that ATCQ joint. Leave it to the old ninjas"
In response to Reply # 0

or RtJ.

But A few throwaway lines is Most u gonna get from the avg current rapper these days

If that

That "rap =the voice of the people" tenant is almost dead. Clown rappers don't even rap about being broke no more

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13176557 Previous topic | Next topic