Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13149679

Subject: "Experimentin/Alt 2 coffee/Kola nuts/Making ur own energy drinks?" Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 12:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Experimentin/Alt 2 coffee/Kola nuts/Making ur own energy drinks?"
Thu Apr-27-17 12:28 AM by normal35762

1. Yeah so ummm on facebook I saw someone post a drink combo of shou wu chih....

https://www.modernherbshop.com/Shou_Wu_Chih_Liver_and_Kidney_Tonic_p/shouwuchih.htm

and a kola tonic...

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/8977/claytons-kola-tonic

Sounded cool to me so I got the shou wu chih and went to a local African grocery store and found a bitter kola drink (couldn't find the kola tonic where I am at). Well the shou wu chih tasted like some e&j and the bitter kola tasted flat (maybe it wasn't supposed to be but the bottle was old and dusty). Next time I will try use the kola tonic or at least some fresher bitter kola. And possibly another chinese energy drink similar to shou wu chih.

Who here is familiar with any of these items?

2. Another drink I saw was bissy (kola), chocolate tea and maca powder. Something else to experiment with later on.

3. Another drink I want to experiment with is a combo of NAC, methionine, taurine, flax oil mixed in water. Maybe a good alternative to the energy drinks but without the sugar and no caffeine if you don't want.

4. Familiar with kola nuts? You ever had them before? What you think about them?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Spirulina is my new energy wave
Apr 27th 2017
Will look into spirulina.
Apr 27th 2017
Spirulina + cacao in the shake or just cacao?
Apr 27th 2017

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 12:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Spirulina is my new energy wave"
In response to Reply # 0

That and raw cacao powder shakes. 6 spirulina tablets in the morning got me ready to kick the days ass

If I need some caffeine I fucks with yerba mate

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 12:58 AM

2. "Will look into spirulina."
In response to Reply # 1

placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 09:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Spirulina + cacao in the shake or just cacao?"
In response to Reply # 1

I was on yerba mate for a sec and went back to coffee.
I may go back to mate tho.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13149679 Previous topic | Next topic