Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13142067

Subject: "Nunes steps out of Russia investigation" Previous topic | Next topic
Hitokiri
Charter member
22109 posts
Thu Apr-06-17 09:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nunes steps out of Russia investigation"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/devin-nunes-stepping-aside-russia-intelligence-committee/

(CNN)House intelligence chairman Devin Nunes announced Thursday he was temporarily stepping aside from leading the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 elections.
Nunes cited a series of ethics complaints filed against him alleging that he violated terms of discussing classified material following his clandestine meeting at the White House just over two weeks ago.
"I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter," Nunes, a California Republican, said in a statement.
He added, "I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims."

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Wouldn't it be awesome if they showed him the goods and...
Apr 06th 2017
that would be awesome, but none these spineless sycophants work that way
Apr 06th 2017
      They are opportunist. They will stand by him until it doesn't pay to.
Apr 06th 2017
Trey Gowdy one of three Rs now in charge...
Apr 06th 2017

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49434 posts
Thu Apr-06-17 09:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Wouldn't it be awesome if they showed him the goods and..."
In response to Reply # 0

he was like, "oh shit, yeah I ain't going down with these folks. Let me step out the way of that bullet".

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Hitokiri
Charter member
22109 posts
Thu Apr-06-17 10:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "that would be awesome, but none these spineless sycophants work that way"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm legit surprised at how gutless these repubs are when it comes to standing up to 45.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49434 posts
Thu Apr-06-17 10:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "They are opportunist. They will stand by him until it doesn't pay to. "
In response to Reply # 2

I even think some might cut him loose after getting this supreme court nomination through.

>I'm legit surprised at how gutless these repubs are when it
>comes to standing up to 45.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Thu Apr-06-17 10:14 AM

4. "Trey Gowdy one of three Rs now in charge..."
In response to Reply # 0

He's probably worse than Nunes with the bullshit.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13142067 Previous topic | Next topic