Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13138257

Subject: "which two Music eras overall were like night and day to you and why?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sat Mar-25-17 11:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"which two Music eras overall were like night and day to you and why?"

for me the 80's and 90's are vastly different from any two eras that i can think off and yet both very versatile
and I ain't just talking because Rap hit a prime and peak in the 90's it was really different sonically as well.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I think you could say that about the 80s and any other era.
Mar 25th 2017
80's in part to me felt like the 60's
Mar 25th 2017
With jazz, the 60s & the 70s
Mar 26th 2017
70s Jazz as in Fusion?
Mar 27th 2017
      Jazz fusion, funk, and all of the other hybrids
Mar 27th 2017
bad shit from the 90's gets a pass, but not bad shit from the 80's
Mar 27th 2017

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Mar-25-17 11:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I think you could say that about the 80s and any other era. "
In response to Reply # 0

It was such a different and kinda weird time for music, and other things too.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sat Mar-25-17 11:31 PM

2. "80's in part to me felt like the 60's"
In response to Reply # 1

having been in the era it was unique from 80-84 and then in 85-87 it was bland,beiege and watered down until New Jack Swing saved it.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Sun Mar-26-17 10:20 AM

3. "With jazz, the 60s & the 70s"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Mar-26-17 10:21 AM by flipnile

The overall move from 6/8 to 4/4 is very noticeable.

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Mon Mar-27-17 07:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "70s Jazz as in Fusion?"
In response to Reply # 3

because even though a lot of it is reviled by old heads, a LOT of heat came out in the 70's.

Back again for the first time.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Mon Mar-27-17 07:42 AM

6. "Jazz fusion, funk, and all of the other hybrids"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm into both, tho I get why the older heads probably weren't feeling the newer sound. 6/8 rhythms are pretty dope, but aren't as pop-friendly as 4/4.

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Mon Mar-27-17 07:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "bad shit from the 90's gets a pass, but not bad shit from the 80's "
In response to Reply # 0

I'm probably not the best guy to ask, but the 90's is pretty much were I quit listening to R&B for the most part. However, most of my contemporaries LOVE that shit. A LOT of overproduced music from the 90's get run on some 'old school' shit, but bad music from the 80's is universally clowned ( rightfully so).

Aside from a really small sample size, I can't STAND 90's R&B. Not to say that the 80's is much better, but there's a VAST difference in terms of what I can stand from those two decades.

Back again for the first time.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13138257 Previous topic | Next topic