Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13114750

Subject: "Harvard Has a Free Online 12-Module Digital Photo Course" Previous topic | Next topic
thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41496 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Harvard Has a Free Online 12-Module Digital Photo Course"

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/14/take-harvards-free-online-12-module-digital-photo-course/

Harvard Has a Free Online 12-Module Digital Photo Course
JAN 14, 2017
MICHAEL ZHANG
Shares
11.6KSHARE
TWEET
401SHARE

Want to learn photography from Harvard? (Yes, that Harvard.) It turns out you can easily do so, even without being a student. The oldest institution of higher learning in the United States offers a free 12-module online digital photography class.

The Digital Photography course has been available over at the free certified learning service ALISON since 2013 as part of Harvard’s Open Learning Initiative.

The 12 modules of the course will take an average student about 10 to 15 hours to complete, and they teach a wide range of topics in digital photography, including exposure settings, reading histograms, learning about light, how sensors and lenses work, and how to post-processing photos. Here’s a screenshot of all the modules and resources:

If you complete all the modules and score at least 80% or more on each of the assessments, you can qualify to receive an official ALISON diploma, certificate, or PDF. Unlike the course, however, you’ll need to fork over some money if you’d like that official recognition.

So far, over 400,000 students have taken the course, and it seems to be well received: it currently has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars with 2,400+ votes.

If you’re just starting out in photography and would like to give this 12-module Harvard photo class a shot, head over to its page on ALISON, create a free account, and hit “Start This Course.”

https://alison.com/courses/Digital-Photography/content

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Harvard Has a Free Online 12-Module Digital Photo Course
Jan 15th 2017
thank you! i was planning to take a course
Jan 16th 2017
Dope, thanks.
Jan 16th 2017

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7006 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 09:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "RE: Harvard Has a Free Online 12-Module Digital Photo Course"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks!

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

wrecknoble
Member since Mar 15th 2005
2276 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 01:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "thank you! i was planning to take a course"
In response to Reply # 0

at my local college this summer, so this will at least get the ball rolling and i'll see if i still need to enroll in an in-class course or not

---

Frisson Radio | Saturdays 6-8 PM EST | 89.5 FM (Toronto) | www.ciut.fm
https://www.instagram.com/frissonradio

Steelysteel
Charter member
4926 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 09:42 PM

3. "Dope, thanks."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.twitter.com/steelysteel

Lobby General Discussion topic #13114750 Previous topic | Next topic