Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13110733

Subject: "LMAO someone at work “reported” me for being “unfriendly”" Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44828 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 03:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"LMAO someone at work “reported” me for being “unfriendly”"

SMH@these petty motherfuckers. Tis the season I suppose, lol

Apparently the complaint was an anonymous letter to a DM that said the following:

-I don’t socialize with my coworkers. This is false, because I do. I just don’t do lunch, breaks or happy hours.

-I am often “short” when greeting this person in passing, and appear disinterested in talking.

-I often have my headphones on when walking through the office. Not the lobby, not where are customers are, which is an obvious and absolute no go to anyone with sense, but the back office, where it’s perfectly accepted, allowed, and common.

-I don’t appear willing to assist coworkers.

I was told to try to be more “sociable” and “accessible”.

Now…. I have a few suspects in mind, but even if it’s neither of them, this is hilarious. First, I answer questions all damn day. The problem I think people have is that I don’t solve their problem for them. If they ask a question I know for sure off top, I’ll answer.

Otherwise I ask the same two questions every time:

-Did you check the handbook?

-Are you current with the updated material?

Because I’m not going to do your research for you for your case, so if you didn’t do that, there’s no conversation for us to have.

Further, we have a resource department that literally exists in part to answer questions.

In terms of shortness, yeah, I am, because if I’m not every person I pass by wants updates on my wife, my kids, myself, or to discuss my weekend, the fight, the game, or what have you. People can’t just say “hey!” and KIM. They want to stop in the hallway and chat. They mean well, but it’s just impractical to allow every passing acknowledgment to turn into a chat, even a quick one.

So I told my boss I’d be happy to engage everyone about my life if I could put those discussions on my productivity. Otherwise, that’s not changing. I’ll continue to ask questions as asked with basic answers and KIM.

Anyhow I strongly suspect one person in particular. I can’t walk by her desk without her asking some very basic, 101 level question about a case OR some shit that requires a long, hard look and never seems to have done any research before asking. Inevitably she’ll say something about her “adult” ADD being the reason she doesn’t understand this stuff and how they won’t accommodate her disability.

Hate to be insensitive here but IMO anyone who needs as much hand holding as that one has no business doing this job. I always refer her to resource or her supervisors because she’s a minefield to walk past.

We’re setup in sort of a maze and it’s impossible not to bump into multiple people over the course of the day and I have no choice but to pass this woman’s desk to get to mine, so yeah. I try to cut down my time with her as much as possible.

Apparently I’m not in any kind of trouble but “be more friendly” is a “suggestion” going forward.

Kind of an annoying way to ring in the new year at the office if you ask me. I can’t wait for the next staff meeting where someone whines because nobody decorated her desk for her birthday.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They want you to start coming to work like:
Jan 03rd 2017
it's not uncommon for OKPs to have social diseases.
Jan 03rd 2017
lolz
Jan 03rd 2017
Jan 04th 2017
Jan 04th 2017
i've been in toxic environments like that before
Jan 03rd 2017
Every one of those except, 'assisting coworkers,' could apply to me.
Jan 03rd 2017
Thing is, I assist. A lot. I just don't do the work for them.
Jan 04th 2017
im not into being fake at all
Jan 03rd 2017
Go to a happy hour occasionally. At the first one you go to,...
Jan 03rd 2017
It's honestly just not practical.
Jan 04th 2017
      RE: It's honestly just not practical.
Jan 05th 2017
Does your job not require socializing to get ahead there?
Jan 03rd 2017
gubmint work ain't like that.
Jan 03rd 2017
Not here actually. Networking is critical.
Jan 03rd 2017
Networking, yes.
Jan 03rd 2017
(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■), a cold truth.
Jan 03rd 2017
lmao. bruh you and astralblak
Jan 03rd 2017
LMAO!
Jan 04th 2017
that $hit childish af.
Jan 03rd 2017
I've seen that on an evaluation or two.
Jan 03rd 2017
Not surprising...and LOL @ you calling someone petty
Jan 03rd 2017
Sure thing, Mr "your hip hop opinion is invalid"
Jan 04th 2017
      You should seek out a therapist.
Jan 04th 2017
Kwesi moved to Cali?
Jan 03rd 2017
Are you the only Black person in tour department?
Jan 03rd 2017
Im not black. The person i suspect is an old retired white lady
Jan 04th 2017
yeah.. this isn't shocking at all
Jan 03rd 2017
Lol im an asshole for not holding hands of adults who don't work.
Jan 04th 2017
      Do you growl at coworkers?
Jan 04th 2017
           Is this the part where you create a long, pointless back and forth out o...
Jan 04th 2017
                You are the last person who needs to tell someone else to change
Jan 04th 2017
                     Bye, bitch.
Jan 04th 2017
You??? NO WAY!! That is some fraggleknackle horse crap!
Jan 03rd 2017
STOP TELLING COLD TRUTH TO SMILE!!
Jan 04th 2017
lmao
Jan 04th 2017
lmao... and I bet fake money it isn't the white lady
Jan 04th 2017
So you're bringing the office down with your mere presence?
Jan 04th 2017
Yes. The entire office. Because I don't stop for small talk
Jan 04th 2017
So.... is it something that you're going to be more mindful of moving fo...
Jan 04th 2017
Nope, for a few reasons.
Jan 04th 2017
RE: LMAO someone at work “reported” me for being “unfriendly”
Jan 04th 2017
yeah, eff that... YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT MY FRIENDS!!!
Jan 04th 2017
Translation....
Jan 04th 2017

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 03:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They want you to start coming to work like:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/5017824/daffy_duck_giphy.gif

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 03:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "it's not uncommon for OKPs to have social diseases."
In response to Reply # 0

aka - many of us are here during work hours b/c we don't/can't socialize w/coworkers.

i'm not one of those ppl, btw. i socialize around the office. but you are among kindred spirits here.

i dunno how you do at work but based on how you post here (you tend to be confrontational - yeah, i do it too but we're talking about you) i can see what your coworkers are talking about.

but if they're not going after your money then fuck it.

fuck you.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59152 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 03:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "lolz"
In response to Reply # 2

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 08:57 AM

26. "..."
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Jan-04-17 09:03 AM by Crash Bandacoot

>

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:03 AM

28. "..."
In response to Reply # 26
Wed Jan-04-17 09:04 AM by Crash Bandacoot

the co-workers seem petty as shit but, we all know...it's not enough to do your work
and go home. they want conversations, entertainment, happy hours, sharing of
private information so they can judge, gossip, compare, and contrast.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:06 PM

4. "i've been in toxic environments like that before"
In response to Reply # 0

where you have petty ass people that'll send bullshit like that to HR

and

where you'll have an HR department that'll entertain that typa bullshit

in either case, i had to gracefully bow out. y'all can have it, i don't fit in here...

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:08 PM

5. "Every one of those except, 'assisting coworkers,' could apply to me."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm a team player about work shit. But fuck a break room or a potluck or a karaoke or a happy hour. I'm here to do work and be out.

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 11:16 AM

39. "Thing is, I assist. A lot. I just don't do the work for them. "
In response to Reply # 5

When we’re trained, a good mentor teaches you to rely on the handbook, staying current on policy updates as well as any office mandates.

It’s a standing, unofficial rule: don’t bring a question that you didn’t first attempt to research yourself. Every action we take is rooted in handbook material and policy updates, which means anything you ask means the person helping you will ultimately have to do that research. So if you did your digging first and either couldn't find it or need clarification, I'm perfectly happy to help.

Most people are good with that.

One person in particular needs help all day, every day, for everything, all the time, and it’s never a quick one-off. She gets the “I’m not sure, I’d review the material and then consult resource for that” and she's never happy about it.

I’m also relatively social, but people don’t know how to just say “hey, what’s up, hello, hi” in passing. They want to chat. About everything. Anything. We’re told to keep visiting to a minimum and that’s what I do, and not with the “grunting” and “growling” that my stalker oddly and unreasonably assumes .

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:08 PM

6. "im not into being fake at all"
In response to Reply # 0

Im very transparent with not needing to socialize, but I understand how we spend so much of our lives at work that people think it's necessary

I dont like my job enough, and Im one of the oldest people here so Im definitely not trying to deal with celebrity gossip and the like in our work chatroom

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:19 PM

7. "Go to a happy hour occasionally. At the first one you go to,..."
In response to Reply # 0

> I just don’t do lunch, breaks or happy hours.

tell the coworkers how much you really don't like to do them. Buy everybody a round before dropping on them that can't stand the fact that somebody dropped on a dime on you for being antisocial at work.

And then laugh like it's a joke on some passive aggressive shit. Then, see how they respond. I've done it. And found out who it was that snitched. They'll all start buying drinks.

Be the Shark! be the Godfather! Just don't get Barzini'd!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/godfather/images/1/1c/Vlcsnap-2010-02-24-17h26m09s80.png/revision/latest?cb=20110303203354

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 11:26 AM

40. "It's honestly just not practical. "
In response to Reply # 7

-My commute is an hour to an hour and a half each way, depending on traffic.

-We have 9.5 hour work days as it is and I typicaly work 1.5 hours of OT.

So if I leave my house at 6 it’s usually an hour drive to work. I start at 7, get off at 4:30 and typically do the 1.5 hours of OT. I get off at 6, which means my drive is 1 to 1.5 hours on any given night and I get home between 7 and 7:30. I have every other Friday off, but those off days I work 8 hours of OT. Then 6 hours on Saturdays

Seeing as how I have a wife, a five year old, an 18 month old and I would like to be a halfway decent husband and father who gives them priority with his free time, not to mention sleep, my own social life away from work and the need for some actual downtime here and there… I’m not sure how reasonable it is for anyone to expect me to hang out for so much as an hour afterward.

It’s just not practical for me to do it unless it’s an event, like someone leaving.

Hamsterline
Charter member
4004 posts
Thu Jan-05-17 10:38 AM

44. "RE: It's honestly just not practical. "
In response to Reply # 40

You don't have to do it EVERY week. But just 2x a year would be sufficient.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49377 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:39 PM

8. "Does your job not require socializing to get ahead there?"
In response to Reply # 0

Or do you have no interesting in "getting ahead" there even if it were required?

I ask out of curiosity because I haven't had a job in a while where getting along with co-workers or maybe shot callers wasn't a pre-requisite for moving ahead (truthly it's a big part of just keeping a job in my work).

Or you could be like the TV Doctor House who is just so good at what you do that you can be anti-social and no one can really F with you.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:54 PM

9. "gubmint work ain't like that."
In response to Reply # 8

'getting ahead' is largely about seniority and maybe about numbers from annual evals. oh and maybe it's about certifications/degrees.

supervisors who play favorites when it comes to promoting ppl face repercussions - eventually. so it's rare for an office to play fast and loose like that. which is why now it's mostly about factors beyond the supervisor's control. it's about number crunching.

fuck you.

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 05:26 PM

13. "Not here actually. Networking is critical. "
In response to Reply # 9

>'getting ahead' is largely about seniority and maybe about
>numbers from annual evals. oh and maybe it's about
>certifications/degrees.

That just determines the pool of people eligible for a given position, but I've actually seen the rules bent or even ignored to get certain people a position. They once hired a probationary worker for a temp sup position in the face of rules specifically prohibiting a probationary employee from any such position. He also, by his own proud admission, lacked any college units, another minimum requirement. He didn't know his head from his ass and his work wound up delegated to two workers he supervised. He used to ask me questions when he was reading cases and I was like, how do you not know this stuff?

We're pretty sure that guy is a warlock because he's an actual sup now. He's an extreme example, but that stuff goes on all the time here.

>supervisors who play favorites when it comes to promoting ppl
>face repercussions - eventually. so it's rare for an office
>to play fast and loose like that. which is why now it's
>mostly about factors beyond the supervisor's control. it's
>about number crunching.

Here the critical factor of getting into that management class is networking and the ability to interview well.

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 05:16 PM

12. "Networking, yes. "
In response to Reply # 8

>Or do you have no interesting in "getting ahead" there even
>if it were required?

Networking is vital to getting ahead here, but it's definitely not with anyone who would have written an anonymous note. Had it been a supervisor the conversation would have gone differently, but this was a typed note left in anonymity with just enough specifics that I have a good guess about the culprit.

Thing is, it’s still a minefield because perception is considered gospel here and it boils down to whether or not you bosses believe what’s been said and this place is teaming with people who complain about every minor infraction.

If I had a dollar for every time I had to sit through staff meeting “others” consisting of a complaint about someone wearing something too tight/short or tattoos showing or cliques- yes, people here complain about “cliques” like it’s fucking high school- I’d have a nice lunch money budget for a few weeks.

In my old office I had a few situations where I had irrefutable evidence that proved the allegations were untrue, but was told “perception is everything, I’m just telling you how you’re being perceived, don’t shoot the messenger”when I went to prove my case.

Once I was told that I wasn’t answering my emails “timely” when the emails in question were less than 5 minutes old at the time of the complaint and were received while I was on break and had a journal timestamped to show the time I left my desk. Another time I was supposedly not paying attention during a training and waited until the end to answer questions on the packet despite having a physical hard copy of my packet that I had completed halfway through the training. I had the copy because I gave it to a coworker who left at the beginning because the trainer gave us a bad attitude when she didn’t have enough packets for us because she didn’t know we were scheduled.

Both times my supe didn’t even want to look at the evidence. I had another situation where I was given a memo about me raising my voice at a coworker that omitted pertinent details regarding the actions of my coworker and began at the point where I raised my voice as though I showed up on some Hulk Smash. I remain good friends with that worker to this day, actually, and we were arguing over the drive to switch unions during a rather heated and stressfull summer for all of us.

To hear my boss tell it though? I was a monster. I had to fight to get the memo corrected and the best she was willing to do was halfassed and still left a lot of information out. I had to take my issues with her all the way up to the director since her boss didn’t want to see or hear evidence to contradict his “perception” and I brought a manilla envelope full of statements from coworkers that echoed my contention of a hostile workplace to the dirctor. Things were fixed the next day and she got on her P’s and Q’s real quick before requesting a transfer.

Her boss wound up swimming in shit a year later because he refused to police the actions of his supervisors, but again…This had to go all the way to the top and I had to get a shit ton of statements, but the fact that I was able to get so many on such short notice was a testament to the quality of my rep among my coworkers.

It’s a tricky balancing act and it just boils down to who you know on the top half. I know enough to get through if I ever get enough college units to move up, but if that happens I’m moving out of this place and into something else anyways.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 04:54 PM

10. "(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■), a cold truth. "
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-03-17 04:55 PM by double negative

sorry not sorry

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 08:07 PM

18. "lmao. bruh you and astralblak"
In response to Reply # 10

prolly the only reasons i still log in.

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:02 AM

27. "LMAO!"
In response to Reply # 10

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 05:00 PM

11. "that $hit childish af."
In response to Reply # 0

like SW said, if they aint comin 4 your munnies, fk em.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 05:28 PM

14. "I've seen that on an evaluation or two."
In response to Reply # 0

Completely unfair, in my case. But, I don't work there anymore, so fuck them niggas.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Anonymous
Charter member
23225 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 07:25 PM

15. "Not surprising...and LOL @ you calling someone petty"
In response to Reply # 0

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 02:43 AM

21. "Sure thing, Mr "your hip hop opinion is invalid""
In response to Reply # 15

Message boards are antiquated but your gimmick doesn't have to be.

Anonymous
Charter member
23225 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 08:58 PM

42. "You should seek out a therapist."
In response to Reply # 21

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 07:32 PM

16. "Kwesi moved to Cali?"
In response to Reply # 0

BabyYoda
Member since Feb 15th 2012
3176 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 07:46 PM

17. "Are you the only Black person in tour department?"
In response to Reply # 0

Is one or all of your suspected anonymous complainers white? Just curious?

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 03:08 AM

23. "Im not black. The person i suspect is an old retired white lady"
In response to Reply # 17

You read that right.

According to her she's a retired social worker who took this job out of boredom. She says her husband makes a grip too.

Meanwhile she's been here for three years and needs extensive assistance on every case she touches, like ridiculously so.

Lets say she's finishing a case for another worker and I walk by.

She'll say "can you help me? So and so requested auto registration but that's only required if we don't have the name and model and we already had that. Why would so and so request that?"

I explain that they may have reported a new car. She says she called and verified that there is no new car and wants to know why another worker requested the registration.

I explained that she's already clarified the issue so she can proceed further. She wants to know if she can process the case now. I explain that I'd have to review the case in it's entirety to know if it was ready to process, but that she should rely on the redetermination process.

She says she's following up on another worker who already completed a full journal. I explained that the case was incomplete at the time...then she interupts to tell me that it wasn't really incomplete because the worker requested verification that wasn't required and wants to know if she has to do another journal.

I tell her we're staffed to do a full journal whether or not we're completing a previously incomplete journal. She says that doesn't make sense. At that point i refer her to her supervisor....at which point she complains about how they don't accomodate her adult add disability.

Does that sound exhausting?

Now let's say this really happened and is indicative of the vast majority of my interactions with her, which take place several times a week by virtue of having to walk by her desk due to the layout of our floor... Because it is.

Sometimes I go through the motions with her but the last few months I just refer her straight to resource or her supervisor. She's gotten upset with me a few times when I default to the supervisor response.

St Legs up there may have infinite time and patience to hold her hand through that multiple times a week but I damn sure don't.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 09:05 PM

19. "yeah.. this isn't shocking at all"
In response to Reply # 0

that OP makes you sound like a real asshole but I think you take pride in that shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 02:48 AM

22. "Lol im an asshole for not holding hands of adults who don't work. "
In response to Reply # 19

>that OP makes you sound like a real asshole but I think you
>take pride in that shit.

I take it you're the incessant visitor, the chatty guy who won't shut the fuck up all day, the guy who always needs help with the simplest shit and thinks everyone else should drop everything ten times a day to do your research for you.

That's about the only way your conclusion makes any sense at all.

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 07:58 AM

24. "Do you growl at coworkers?"
In response to Reply # 22

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 08:52 AM

25. "Is this the part where you create a long, pointless back and forth out o..."
In response to Reply # 24

Using short, pointless comments that don't actually say anything and then pretend you didn't create half of them?

It's a new year. Try and freshen up the act.

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:35 AM

32. " You are the last person who needs to tell someone else to change"
In response to Reply # 25

Smile nigga... lol.

Grunting at coworkers and shit and acting like everyone is bothering you when it's prolly part of your job to interact with coworkers.

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 10:56 AM

36. "Bye, bitch. "
In response to Reply # 32

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Tue Jan-03-17 09:14 PM

20. "You??? NO WAY!! That is some fraggleknackle horse crap!"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44611 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:14 AM

29. "STOP TELLING COLD TRUTH TO SMILE!!"
In response to Reply # 0

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:41 AM

33. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 29

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:49 AM

34. "lmao... and I bet fake money it isn't the white lady"
In response to Reply # 29

It's always someone you don't expect.

Prolly the nigga down the hall who had one exchange and asked around and got the "who him? He's always mad...

Nah... It's prolly the IT department who has to replace his keyboard every 2 weeks. You know he wears those keyboards out.

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:16 AM

30. "So you're bringing the office down with your mere presence?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hmmmm

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 10:57 AM

37. "Yes. The entire office. Because I don't stop for small talk "
In response to Reply # 30
Wed Jan-04-17 11:06 AM by Cold Truth

ten times a day, the whole place is headed to hell in a handbasket as we speak.

Because one letter from an anonymous coward who wanted to say what they had to say with zero accountability obviously equates to "bringing the office down".

SimplyHannah
Member since Aug 09th 2009
7226 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:30 AM

31. "So.... is it something that you're going to be more mindful of moving fo..."
In response to Reply # 0

Cold Truth
44828 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 11:04 AM

38. "Nope, for a few reasons. "
In response to Reply # 31

It was an anonymous letter with a lot of generalizations.

Which means it’s not remotely actionable since anyone could say anything.

It also means that whoever wrote it clearly didn’t want a rebuttal. It’s like sending a mad message on facebook and blocking the other person so they can’t respond. It’s a cheap shot with no context.

I’m really not going to be mindful of anything that’s said by someone who makes those kinds of general statements while also shirking all accountability for their words.

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 10:50 AM

35. "RE: LMAO someone at work “reported” me for being “unfriendly”"
In response to Reply # 0

This is hilarious and it reminds me of myself at my old job.

My boss sent staff an invite to a holiday wine bar gathering and noted that the outing was "not mandatory" and that we should not feel pressured to come.

A few months later during my mid-year review...

I'm told sternly that such events are actually "obligatory" for most folks.

Although I received a small 2 or 3% quasi-raise, I subsequently received a less-than-stellar score for "teamwork" for not attending most after-work social gatherings.

I hate workplace politics.

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44611 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 12:26 PM

41. "yeah, eff that... YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT MY FRIENDS!!! "
In response to Reply # 35

let's get this work...done.
anything outside of that?? i'm not interested or inclined...

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

bibblegolf
Member since Oct 19th 2004
21833 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 09:36 PM

43. "Translation...."
In response to Reply # 0

...you are too ethnic and confident in your being.

"The more a country produces..the richer it is...the better it should take care of it's people. - Dr. Aleida Guevara"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13110733 Previous topic | Next topic