Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13092231

Subject: "we had a family reunion this past summer for the first time in my life" Previous topic | Next topic
RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Wed Nov-09-16 01:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"we had a family reunion this past summer for the first time in my life"

this was for my mom's side of the family. The majority of her family has either stayed in Mexico or moved back to Mexico. This July was the first time in my life so much of the family has been in the same place at the same time. Cousin's who I haven't seen since we were kids. Aunts and Uncles I see once every 10 years. Met lots of spouses and offspring I didn't even know existed. It was a really good time and we had lots of fun.

But I found out that they all didn't decide to fly out for the family reunion but they all wanted to come to finalize their papers or start their papers just in case Trump was elected. They thought if he was elected they wouldn't be able to come visit. Or if they wanted to move back they would not be allowed. They all just decided to make the trip out at the same time so they could help each other with paper work and we all put together a family reunion on the fly.

The whole time I kept telling them they were crazy. There is no way that lunatic is going to get elected. They kept telling me it was a real fear in Mexico. Well I was wrong. But I am just glad that my family has the means to start/finish the process. But I can't imagine what those that do not have the money feel like. I am literally terrified at what the next 4...8 years holds.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sounds like you got smart family
Nov 09th 2016

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Nov-09-16 01:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sounds like you got smart family"
In response to Reply # 0

Americans for the most part right now are still in some mix of "I need consoling" "what now" "this isn't real" type of shit.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13092231 Previous topic | Next topic