Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13090144

Subject: "CMA Awards Deletes All Mention Of Beyoncé To Appease Racists" Previous topic | Next topic
thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 06:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"CMA Awards Deletes All Mention Of Beyoncé To Appease Racists"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beyonce-cmas-dixie-chicks_us_581b9ebbe4b0aac62483218f

Did The CMA Awards Really Delete All Mention Of Beyoncé To Appease Racists?
The answer appears to be yes.
11/03/2016 06:01 pm ET
Maxwell Strachan
Senior Editor, The Huffington Post

Beyoncé fans want to know why the CMA Awards scrubbed all mention of the singer.
On Wednesday night, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter graced the CMA Awards with her presence, performing “Daddy Lessons” from “Lemonade” with help from the Dixie Chicks, much to the delight of the crowd in front of her and, at least for a period of time, the Country Music Association.

TMZ reports that Beyoncé was prominently featured on CMAWorld.com early Thursday, and that the association’s official Twitter account tweeted about the performance, as well.

Beyoncé and the Dixie Chicks perform “Daddy Lessons” at the CMAs

But as of the current moment, all mention of Beyoncé on the CMAs website and Twitter account has been erased, and the association has yet to provide a reason as to why its scrubbed the singer from those online platforms.

Follow
deray mckesson ✔ @deray
.@CountryMusic, why did you delete your tweets referring to @Beyonce's performance at the #CMAawards50?
3:41 PM - 3 Nov 2016
710 710 Retweets 832 832 likes
At around 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, however, the CMAs Instagram page regrammed one of Bey’s photos from the show. It appears to be the only post of the singer’s performance the association shared:

Speculation quickly spread that the CMA Awards removed all mention of Beyoncé as a result of some country music fans tweeting racially-tinged criticism of the decision to let her perform. Some fans were angry that the CMAs allowed her to play her music at “our country music show,” since she “hates cops, white people, and supports BLM.”

“Having Beyonce perform at the CMA Awards is like having Taylor Swift perform at the BET Awards,” one Twitter user wrote.

Unbelievable as it may seem, sources told TMZ that the CMA Awards did in fact delete all mention of Beyoncé as a result of the racist criticism, as well as to distance the award show from the Black Lives Matter movement.

CMA erased all evidence of Beyonce performing at the awards last after her appearance sparked racist backlash from some country fans. 🤔

They deleted everything Beyonce-related from their website and social media accounts.

On Thursday evening, the Dixie Chicks took to Twitter to share their feelings on the alleged scrubbing:

If we all turn this up really loud, together we can drown out the hate. http://dcx.gr/DaddyLessonsDownload

The Huffington Post reached out to the Country Music Association for an explanation about why all mention of Beyoncé was scrubbed from its site and social media accounts. We will update this post if we hear back.

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I want to delete Daddy Lessons from my history.
Nov 03rd 2016
Smdh
Nov 03rd 2016
why the fuck was she performing at the country music awards?
Nov 03rd 2016
bc she recorded a country song on her newest album.
Nov 03rd 2016
fair enough
Nov 03rd 2016
my first thought was man that is odd as hell... then i saw a clip
Nov 03rd 2016
Why not ?
Nov 03rd 2016
I was surprised they had her performing there in the first place.
Nov 03rd 2016
Here was Rose McGowan had to say about it. lol
Nov 03rd 2016
of course they did
Nov 03rd 2016
Dear Beyonce: You're still a nigger.
Nov 03rd 2016
Actually...
Nov 03rd 2016
Yeaaaaaaaaah, that's the ticket...
Nov 03rd 2016
thanks for the correction
Nov 04th 2016
      you buyin' that?
Nov 04th 2016
           I don't... why the fuck would she do it and then not approve the video?
Nov 04th 2016
it doesn't help that alot of Country fans still can't stand The Dixies
Nov 04th 2016
I'm sayin. they werent exactly 'faves' after 9/11
Nov 04th 2016
CMA awards have little to do with country anyway
Nov 04th 2016
Beyonce causes some INCREDIBLE butthurt in people.
Nov 04th 2016
so they (entertainment) fall in with the racist tingent...
Nov 04th 2016

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 06:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I want to delete Daddy Lessons from my history."
In response to Reply # 0

I can't stand that song.

fuck you.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 06:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Smdh "
In response to Reply # 0

Disgusting

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4381 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 06:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "why the fuck was she performing at the country music awards?"
In response to Reply # 0

wtf?

no need to be racist about it but id be pissed off too if i was trying to watch the COUNTRY MUSIC awards show.

this is what kills me about neo liberalism. they dont need to shove beyonce into a country music show. this is why the alt right movement has exploded.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 06:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "bc she recorded a country song on her newest album."
In response to Reply # 3

And bc the CMA show typically has at least one performance from a Pop act paired with a Country act.

fuck you.

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4381 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 07:10 PM

5. "fair enough "
In response to Reply # 4

i wanted to rant on her so bad though.

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10143 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 09:49 PM

9. "my first thought was man that is odd as hell... then i saw a clip"
In response to Reply # 3

and I guess it was decent but the crowd didn't seem too thrilled with her "booty dance" smh. weird idea all around and I guess the country demographic aint too happy about it

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5187 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 10:02 PM

11. "Why not ?"
In response to Reply # 3

>wtf?
>
>no need to be racist about it but id be pissed off too if i
>was trying to watch the COUNTRY MUSIC awards show.

Pissed off because one of the biggest pop singers is performing at the CMA ? Why ?

>this is what kills me about neo liberalism. they dont need to
>shove beyonce into a country music show. this is why the alt
>right movement has exploded.

She did one song with country singers how is that shoving Beyonce into a country music show ?

---------------------------
Signature

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 07:44 PM

6. "I was surprised they had her performing there in the first place."
In response to Reply # 0

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 07:48 PM

7. "Here was Rose McGowan had to say about it. lol"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/03/rose-mcgowan-cma-beyonce-dixie-chicks-scrub-website/?adid=pubexchange_huffpost_entertainment

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4550 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 08:33 PM

8. "of course they did"
In response to Reply # 0

thank you, rose

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 10:01 PM

10. "Dear Beyonce: You're still a nigger."
In response to Reply # 0

Signed,

White America.

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 10:14 PM

12. "Actually..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://jezebel.com/beyonces-cma-awards-performance-isnt-on-the-cma-website-1788562296

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Thu Nov-03-16 10:24 PM

13. "Yeaaaaaaaaah, that's the ticket..."
In response to Reply # 12

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4550 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:05 PM

16. "thanks for the correction"
In response to Reply # 12

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:19 PM

17. "you buyin' that?"
In response to Reply # 16

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:30 PM

18. "I don't... why the fuck would she do it and then not approve the video? "
In response to Reply # 17

That doesn't make any damn sense unless she was forced to do it by her label or she sounded like shit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 10:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "it doesn't help that alot of Country fans still can't stand The Dixies"
In response to Reply # 0

I know white country fans in my timeline didn't care for any of it....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:32 PM

19. "I'm sayin. they werent exactly 'faves' after 9/11"
In response to Reply # 14

or have they forgotten

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:01 PM

15. "CMA awards have little to do with country anyway"
In response to Reply # 0

"Def Leppard with fiddles" (c) anonymous social media poster

<-Fear Ameer

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 12:38 PM

20. "Beyonce causes some INCREDIBLE butthurt in people."
In response to Reply # 0

rdhull
Charter member
33134 posts
Fri Nov-04-16 01:28 PM

21. "so they (entertainment) fall in with the racist tingent..."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13090144 Previous topic | Next topic