Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13062735

Subject: "Most expensive wedding you ever been to ?" Previous topic | Next topic
tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 05:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Most expensive wedding you ever been to ?"

Got invited to a wedding on a private island
my wife has someone who she grew up with getting married
got the invite

http://www.guana.com/stay/

the family is paying for most of the rental
each party who rsvps has to come up with 200 a night
i dont even understand how you drop at least 75k on renting an island for a wedding

but we going lol

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
maybe mine
Aug 29th 2016
mine cost me my soul
Aug 29th 2016
lol
Aug 30th 2016
they on some fly shit. if u got an extra invite or +2
Aug 29th 2016
my cousins in DC... both of them
Aug 29th 2016
my brother in laws best friend 250k
Aug 29th 2016
the one im going to in a few weeks. the bill was up to 250K
Aug 29th 2016
I've been a Bestman/Groomsman 5 times.
Aug 29th 2016
So I DJ'd one that cost 90K. At Princess Diana's Malibu mansion.
Aug 29th 2016
My own.
Aug 30th 2016
I know somebody that rented out this whole building, the bill was 6...
Aug 30th 2016
Saudi Wedding in Dubai
Aug 30th 2016
lol...damn
Aug 30th 2016
And still didn't touch Coming to America
Aug 30th 2016
lol @ we going...
Aug 30th 2016
Two bankers. 200k. In TriBeCa, divorced in less than 3 years.
Aug 30th 2016
dude I'm Indian lol
Aug 30th 2016
Wedding at the Arboretum, maybe $10k total?
Aug 30th 2016

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 05:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "maybe mine"
In response to Reply # 0

I went to one dude's wedding out here whose family has long money but the ceremony was in a church, the reception wasnt for a limited number of attendees and then they had a bigger after party at his parent's fancy ass house

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 06:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "mine cost me my soul"
In response to Reply # 0

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 11:14 AM

16. "lol"
In response to Reply # 2

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 06:54 PM

3. "they on some fly shit. if u got an extra invite or +2"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Aug-29-16 07:03 PM by BigJazz

holla at me cuz i'm down.

they picked a cool ass spot

and $200 a night is nothing. the spot is great so that's money well spent

but as far as expensive...

i went to a wedding in Maryland where they had and entire country club booked out and they served lobster and champagne fancier than my tastes called for.

and i been to a wedding in Chicago where they picked a fancy hotel and booked like 70% of the rooms and they had the wedding there at the hotel and the reception at the hotel...but the after party was at the father of the bride's house where he eventually broke out the vintage King Louis cognac and some real cuban cigars and that was my first exposure to that typa fly shit...

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 08:43 PM

4. "my cousins in DC... both of them"
In response to Reply # 0

my uncle is a lawyer in DC, turned down Bill Clintons offer when he was president because it didnt pay enough.

oldest daughter had her wedding at a country club... fly shit.

younger daughter had her wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza or one of thos ritzy ass hotels. fly shit too.

my boy works in pharmaceuticals and his wife went to Hampton and had old money. They prolly spent 40 to 60K. I was full off the hor dourves. Told my wife if the walls in the cocktail lounge went up while at the open bar I would lose my shit... those walls went up like a gotdamn curtain. They got divorced 3 years later.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 08:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "my brother in laws best friend 250k"
In response to Reply # 0

he married into a family with money. His wife's dad owns a company that makes farming equipment. My wife is always watching E Network and we have seen the same venue on there several times for different celebrity weddings and reality star weddings. It was a beautiful venue in Newport. You could actually see Catalina Island off in the distance.

https://www.pelicanhill.com/weddings/venues/

this is the venue the Event Lawn is where the ceremony was held. Then cocktail hour was on a patio nearby so you could watch the sunset. Then it was moved indoors. It was nice but they definitely paid for the view. The food was on par with the food at my wedding. The hall it was held inside of was okay but not 250k nice. But the open bar did have Johnny Blue. That was nice.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 09:24 PM

6. "the one im going to in a few weeks. the bill was up to 250K"
In response to Reply # 0

the last time i asked my boy that's getting married. and that was like 4 months ago. he said girl's fam aint even really keeping accurate books on the expenses cause they really dont give a fuck. i guess when you got it like that.

and his girls fam got it like that.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 09:44 PM

7. "I've been a Bestman/Groomsman 5 times."
In response to Reply # 0

I've attended at least 12 other weddings during adulthood.
I have absolutely no idea of any of their costs.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Mon Aug-29-16 10:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "So I DJ'd one that cost 90K. At Princess Diana's Malibu mansion. "
In response to Reply # 0

And it's the wedding that show me you can't put a price on perection.

The bride's dad paid for it all. Everything looked amazing. Then, during the middle of the device, as the pastor was speaking,,,,,the bride's uncle passes out. Instead of his son being low key......he SCREAMS loud as fuck......"DAD!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!! SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!!!!!!!!!"

Service was interrupted for 15 whole minutes as they tried to wake him up, and waited for the loud ass ammmalambs (c) to come. The pastor even stopped to say a prayer for him as the couple waited for it to clear up.

Ambulance came, all was well. Then literally two minutes later, before they could even say their vows......one of her bridesmaids passed out!!!! A groomsman basically carried her up the hill and got her some water. I heard they had been drinking all morning off of no food.

The couple kept a great face throughout it, and they were much more mad at the bridesmaid than the uncle. But it was wild that they spent so much and still couldn't have a perfect day.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

BKDominican
Member since Jan 13th 2011
936 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 09:15 AM

9. "My own. "
In response to Reply # 0

I got married in 2004 and my wife to be is the only girl. Her parents had been wanting to throw her wedding at a lavish location on Long Island. I was amazed when I arrived at Oheka Castle, and they went all in.

The spot was featured on Power two weeks ago when Ghost needed an alibi to go out and kill Lobos. It was way too much to pay for the wedding. Next time I am going to City Hall, and having a small reception.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 09:35 AM

10. "I know somebody that rented out this whole building, the bill was 6..."
In response to Reply # 0

figures easily...

http://www.peabodyoperahouse.com/private-events/host-an-event/weddings

It was actually one of my woman's high school friends, her family owned a back so yeah, lol

Friscos Finest
Member since Apr 20th 2005
2887 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 09:38 AM

11. "Saudi Wedding in Dubai"
In response to Reply # 0

There were Cheetahs, a Lion, a Tiger and a Jaguar on display in the "cocktail" area...

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 09:48 AM

13. "lol...damn"
In response to Reply # 11

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 12:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "And still didn't touch Coming to America"
In response to Reply # 11

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 09:46 AM

12. "lol @ we going..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think I want something small and intimate
even if we got money
it matches my personality....

/
this lady said to me, the key to making married easier is to find someone who shares your hobbies. you'll always enjoy time together...

??

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49377 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 10:53 AM

14. "Two bankers. 200k. In TriBeCa, divorced in less than 3 years. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32090 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 11:09 AM

15. "dude I'm Indian lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I regularly attend weddings that are between 50k upwards of 100

its ridiculous and ostentatious .. and the couple gettin gmarried doesn't even want such a pricey wedding - its usually for the parents and elders.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Tue Aug-30-16 11:19 AM

17. "Wedding at the Arboretum, maybe $10k total?"
In response to Reply # 0

Every other wedding I've been to have been in store-front churches in the hood with receptions in someone's backyard.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13062735 Previous topic | Next topic