Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13050699

Subject: "What cultural / race / gender blogs or podcasts do you read or take in?" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 10:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What cultural / race / gender blogs or podcasts do you read or take in?"

I'm trying to up my social integration so I've been trying to read more news or culture blogs or news on various minority groups; people of color, women, etc.

I've come across a few that I've been reading or listening to, but I wanted to know if you all are checking for sites I haven't found.

My current list of blogs / podcasts:

Christian Feminism (a podcast dealing with the intersection of Christianity and women and gender issues)

Another Round (podcast dealing with pop culture, race and gender)

Hyphen Magazine (blog dealing with Asian-American cultural issues and representation)

Latino USA (podcast from NPR that deals with social issues mainly affecting Latina/os)

The Grio (News site dealing with issues of the African-American community, but you knew this already)

Code Switch (NPR podcast dealing with issues relating to race and sometimes pop culture)

Flama - (Buzzfeed-esque vlog that highlights cultural issues that mostly affect Latina/os and Hispanics)

If you read or listen to other sources, please list them below.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13050699 Previous topic | Next topic