Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13049410

Subject: "You ever been present when your boss fucks up?" Previous topic | Next topic
Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Tue Jul-26-16 09:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"You ever been present when your boss fucks up?"
Tue Jul-26-16 09:20 PM by Lardlad95

The CEO of my job is in some deep, deep shit, and people are calling for her resignation. I don't know if the board supports her, but she's getting raked over the coals in the media, and she possibly broke the law.

So I'm just sitting back here, going through past emails like, "Oh...shit...she's really bad at covering her tracks if I can pick out where this shit falls apart."

I wish I could go into more details, but the story is still unfolding, and I don't leave my job for a few more weeks.

So...anyone got some stories of seeing their boss eat shit? I'm in the mood for some work place comedy.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yes. and i didnt enjoy it as much as i expect it
Jul 26th 2016
That was some sitcom shit. I wanted to laugh at her...but damn...feels.
Jul 27th 2016
I hate that works makes people so adversarial.
Jul 28th 2016
      I'm currently in an office that sits between two beefing co-workers
Jul 28th 2016
I had a point last company meeting where....
Jul 26th 2016
How long before it catches up with him?
Jul 27th 2016
      Well, it's fixable
Jul 27th 2016
i was a security manager, my boss the director
Jul 27th 2016
WTF...This shit sounds like a web exclusive between seasons of The Wire....
Jul 28th 2016
EVERY DAY HERE
Jul 28th 2016
Just make sure the Russians don't already have your SSN.
Jul 28th 2016

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Tue Jul-26-16 09:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yes. and i didnt enjoy it as much as i expect it"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-26-16 10:00 PM by BrooklynWHAT

to preface this we had been beefing for about 3 months at this point. because in a staff meeting i called her out for making us fill out 2 different excel sheets (extremely time consuming) that showed the exact same information. and she tried to play me like "you've let yourself, management and your coworkers down with your comments and decision to only do one of the things i asked."

***her actual fuckup story***

so 3 month beef. we're in the holiday period. the busiest part of the year these months are her baby. she plans all year to at least make sure her quarter goes right. and this is the most crucial week, right before xmas. so this is the culmination of a 3 month fuckup.

we're there on dec 23rd at like 7 after work. we were going to overnight ship everything (expenses be damned) that we could get out just to make customers happy because the plans for the production load had already gotten us 2 weeks behind. and nothing went right. our biggest machine broke. we couldnt get the packages completed.

i'm getting ready to leave because nothing could be done. so i'm going around wishing everyone a merry xmas. and i'm going to see her because i'm not the one pushing the beef in this scenario. walk around the whole building and finally find her in a big floor with a bunch of boxes, just trying to complete the packages that she could to get at least something shipped. and she's crying. really hard. and she doesnt notice me. in that instant i didn't feel a bit bad for her.

and i did that classic sitcom walkout/change of heart sequence. and i had to try and get her to stop crying. and basically she really broke down and told me why she goes so hard on us.

so from then on we have a much better understanding of each other. and work a lot better together.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lardlad95
66340 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 04:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "That was some sitcom shit. I wanted to laugh at her...but damn...feels. "
In response to Reply # 1

Shit should have been satisfying.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 02:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "I hate that works makes people so adversarial."
In response to Reply # 1

It's happened with me, too. Then you leave that job and run into that person later and y'all go back to being normal people with each other.

tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 02:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "I'm currently in an office that sits between two beefing co-workers"
In response to Reply # 9

It's awkward as shit, because we have to work together on a lot of things, and everything always devolves into some needling from one side, which leads to explicit name-calling, and then outright yelling.

I try to just stay in my lane and get work done.

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Tue Jul-26-16 11:28 PM

2. "I had a point last company meeting where...."
In response to Reply # 0

...the CEO was talking about positive gains in a slow period where we are missing monthly projections and one of the things he mentioned was something two of my bosses put together which was supposed to save us thousands of dollars a month and while it's working, I had to run the reports and I know that there is another expense that popped up recently that while we are saving money in one lane, we're now losing money in another and the losses are bigger than the gains. The CEO talks about the "big win" and my one boss looked at me with such a "you are the only one who knows right now, feel my pain" look that I felt sad for everyone.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

Lardlad95
66340 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 04:20 PM

4. "How long before it catches up with him?"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Jul-27-16 04:20 PM by Lardlad95

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 04:30 PM

5. "Well, it's fixable"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm helping to try to salvage the deal. It isn't as much the fault of the bosses as it was a broken verbal agreement on the deal, so even if it catches up... there's still a place to point the finger elsewhere. But man, the awkward look during that meaning was sad.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

justin_scott
Charter member
19864 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 04:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "i was a security manager, my boss the director"
In response to Reply # 0

a dude who is technically higher up than him, though not in security, was doing some foul shit, including having drug dealers selling on our property. lets just say we were a party spot. so my boss purposely withheld power from me so i wouldn't find the necessary evidence of this scheme, and he purposely under staffed us. told us we weren't getting applications, when we were. we knew something was up, but had no concrete proof. anyways, it culminated in a shooting on property that left one gang member dead, and a fellow security manager got shot at twice. my director also had kept a really shitty employee, who was a look out for the drug dealers, because that employee had evidence of my director drinking on the job, and drunk on the job. these are just two of his many fuck ups. he ended up abruptly resigning without telling anyone. i ended up working twenty hour shifts for four days because him leaving left too many gaps to fill.

Lardlad95
66340 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 04:38 PM

11. "WTF...This shit sounds like a web exclusive between seasons of The Wire...."
In response to Reply # 6

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 02:15 PM

7. "EVERY DAY HERE"
In response to Reply # 0

so ah, yeah. But they never do anything about it.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Jul-28-16 02:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Just make sure the Russians don't already have your SSN."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13049410 Previous topic | Next topic