Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13047962

Subject: "Will there ever be a viable third party in the U.S ? " Previous topic | Next topic
AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 09:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Will there ever be a viable third party in the U.S ? "

Should there be ?
Can there be ?
Let's ignore the current elections.
Is this feasible?
More importantly, is it desirable ?
There will always be a Bush/Trump/flavour of the year and it is impossible to defeat the two parties first go around.Is it worth sacrificing the elections for the longer run?
What could bring the Green Party into the mainstream ?

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
instagram:@3rdworldview
Blessed be the Lord /who believe any mess they read up on the message board

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
No to every question.
Jul 24th 2016
Our breed of democracy depends on duality
Jul 24th 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldRhniqAI6s
Jul 24th 2016
honestly, not for like 30 years
Jul 24th 2016
I certainly hope so
Jul 24th 2016
There won't be, there can't be.
Jul 24th 2016
Not the way things are currently structured. Now whether or not we
Jul 24th 2016
You just had one, Bernie Sanders.
Jul 25th 2016

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "No to every question. "
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 11:18 AM

2. "Our breed of democracy depends on duality"
In response to Reply # 0

So no.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 11:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldRhniqAI6s"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldRhniqAI6s

-->

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 12:00 PM

4. "honestly, not for like 30 years"
In response to Reply # 0

Too many motherfuckers don't care about politics. No coincidence the 2 people squared off against each other have the most name recogniztion. America just isn't ready for engaging in shit. Hillary has a coalition of people behind her who either don't know why they are voting for her beyond Trump, and/or straight up voting against their interest. My Mom is gung ho Hillary, for "women's reproductive rights" because Hillary is a woman. She just KNEW Hillary was gonna add Warren to her ticket because "women". Instead she adds Kaine who ultimately is 50/50 on abortion, and is a law of the land guy. So in theory if Republicans did overturn right to abortion (which is her fear) the VP she endorses who prolly be like cool.

Oh but it only took yesterday for him to win her over, because he's fluent in Spanish......THEY ARE DEPORTING PEOPLE AS WE SPEAK.

It is ao frustrating, and I want to get into politics, but like America doesn't need a President, we need a psychologist. But it aint free, and we decided to keep it that way. We aint ready. I'm legit like do I get into politics and spend the next 3 decades trying to get people to see things differently, or just bounce to any other first world country that already has decided on these things. Shit is crazy, and really disheartening. Hillary convinced my Mom not to have health care, increased social security benefits, free college for her grandchildren, etc.....because "woman".

And she sold them out before the convention. So disheartening, but at least she'll get to see a woman President in her lifetime, but at what expense?

Musica Negra
#13irteen

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 04:25 PM

5. "I certainly hope so"
In response to Reply # 0

We're dealing with a bunch of assholes.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

stravinskian
Member since Feb 24th 2003
12698 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 04:37 PM

6. "There won't be, there can't be."
In response to Reply # 0

First past the post. It's not some conspiracy. It's just math. And it's a direct result of rules laid out in the Constitution.

In the American system, new parties can replace old parties. They can't join them.

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Sun Jul-24-16 04:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Not the way things are currently structured. Now whether or not we"
In response to Reply # 0

need to revise our system is the real question.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jul-25-16 09:08 AM

8. "You just had one, Bernie Sanders. "
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13047962 Previous topic | Next topic