Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13035357

Subject: "how fucked up is this?" Previous topic | Next topic
RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 11:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"how fucked up is this?"
Sun Jun-19-16 11:42 AM by RobOne4

I work part time at my sibling in laws business(my wife's little brother and sister and their spouses) her brother and his spouse just moved to Boston. So her sis N and her husband C run the day to day operations now. I was scheduled to work today on Father's Day. I have been salty about it since the schedule came out last week. Since the other half of the ownership team left N and C have been making shitty decision after shitty decision. They have been pissing me off left and right and I have been looking for a new job. So I didnt want to start an argument. I mean it did fall on a day I normally work and I didn't ask for the day off. I mean there are only two dad's in this building and it would have been easy to give my shift to someone else. But whatever. Not worth the argument.

Thursday I show up to work and the first thing I am asked by the other manager and one of our new hires was why I was scheduled on Father's Day? I replied I didnt ask for it off so they scheduled me. The manager pulls me to the side and says I didnt ask for Mother's Day off and N gave it to me. This manager also works every Sunday with me. I said really? She said yeah I asked why I was off and N said it's Mother's Day you cant work that day. So now I am fuming. Then our newer hire tells me the same thing. She was hired the week before Mother's Day and was worried she would have to work that day because she is a new mom. So she asked about having that day off and N told her oh dont worry no mom's are working that day. All 4 mom's were scheduled off. Two of them were new hires who had been with us less than a month.

But today their first employee who is one of 2 dad's in the company was scheduled to work. Not only that but I was given the closing shift. Several times since N and C took over I have wanted to tell them to go fuck themselves and walk out. But I havent because family. I expect to be fucked over by a big corporation. I have been before. But to be fucked by your own family. That shit stings.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: how fucked up is this?
Jun 19th 2016
my wife told me to walk out today
Jun 19th 2016
Happy Fathers Day fam...
Jun 19th 2016
I make it a point to keep my in laws at arms length
Jun 19th 2016
That really sucks. You think there is a respect issue there?
Jun 19th 2016
RE: That really sucks. You think there is a respect issue there?
Jun 19th 2016
i thought you were a grade school teacher? this shit the
Jun 19th 2016
Happy Father's day.
Jun 19th 2016
Fathers Day isn't a real thing.
Jun 20th 2016
Thanksgiving isn't either
Jun 20th 2016
sounds like bitching over non existent problems to me
Jun 20th 2016
Serious, what's been wrong with you today dude
Jun 20th 2016
Actually, people like Rob and care about what he says.
Jun 20th 2016
b*tching about family and work > b*tching about posts
Jun 20th 2016
Don't work with family. Sometimes it can work most times it doesn't.
Jun 20th 2016
I worked on my birthday and Father's day.
Jun 20th 2016
very fucked up
Jun 20th 2016

rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 11:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: how fucked up is this?"
In response to Reply # 0

That's a tough situation. Gotta keep the in-laws happy, part of marriage I guess. Still fucked up.

Happy Father's Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

RobOne4
56697 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 11:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "my wife told me to walk out today"
In response to Reply # 1

and her sister is her best friend. But I am not trying to stir shit up more than it needs to be. Im pretty sure I'l have something in the next month. But this has definitely changed our relationship. Working with them two has been one of the worst work experiences I have ever had.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 11:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Happy Fathers Day fam... "
In response to Reply # 0

Family is funny as shit...

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 12:50 PM

4. "I make it a point to keep my in laws at arms length"
In response to Reply # 0

No money no business ever.
Saves everyone a headache .

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
instagram:@3rdworldview
Blessed be the Lord /who believe any mess they read up on the message board

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 01:00 PM

5. "That really sucks. You think there is a respect issue there?"
In response to Reply # 0

Shit can get especially funky when different cultural backgrounds come into play. I kinda agree with your wife telling you to walk out, but since you know you're moving on I guess standing up to them might not be worth your time. But they know what they did, and who they did it to...

RobOne4
56697 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 01:39 PM

6. "RE: That really sucks. You think there is a respect issue there?"
In response to Reply # 5

they have slowly loading me and the other managers plates with more and more duties that they were in charge of since the other half of the ownership group moved. They have all the easy schedules and when they do work they dont hold employees accountable and just sit in the office all day watching movies. They are just lazy and have the benefit of two good managers that keep shit in order. If my wife and son werent so close to them I would raise hell. But this is between me and them. I told my wife I dont want her to get involved and dont want this to affect her relationship with her sister. But mine has been affected. She understands and thanked me for not making her choose sides.

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 01:52 PM

7. "i thought you were a grade school teacher? this shit the "
In response to Reply # 0

wackness tho

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sun Jun-19-16 05:54 PM

8. "Happy Father's day."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jun-19-16 05:57 PM by denny

I think you are making way too big a deal of this. I'm working too. I think it's a REALLY bad look to complain about it. If I had an employee/co-worker/whatever complain about having to work on father's day/mother's day/birthday/ any of that my internal thought would say 'Man....grow up'. That's me though. And I might be unique in this regard. I think anyone who makes a big deal of their bday after 18 is kinda pathetic.

But to think about quitting a job over this? Are you rich or something? That's just so out there to me.

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 08:18 AM

9. "Fathers Day isn't a real thing."
In response to Reply # 0

If you get it off, you're lucky, but it's hardly like getting rota'd on Christmas Day or Thanksgiving.

))<>((
forever.

AFRICAN
Charter member
11871 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 02:22 PM

15. "Thanksgiving isn't either"
In response to Reply # 9

but that's not the point.

instagram:@3rdworldview
Blessed be the Lord /who believe any mess they read up on the message board

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 10:36 AM

10. "sounds like bitching over non existent problems to me"
In response to Reply # 0

Aw da poor baby had to work on Father's Day

Nobody gives a fuck

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 12:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Serious, what's been wrong with you today dude"
In response to Reply # 10

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 02:18 PM

14. "Actually, people like Rob and care about what he says. "

Also, his post wasn't about him working on fathers day at all. It was about his bad experience working for family members.

Government Name
Member since Dec 16th 2005
23190 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 02:24 PM

16. "b*tching about family and work > b*tching about posts"

________
http://twitter.com/aehorton
http://instagram.com/aehorton

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 10:48 AM

11. "Don't work with family. Sometimes it can work most times it doesn't."
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 12:15 PM

12. "I worked on my birthday and Father's day."
In response to Reply # 0

Screw it *shrugs*, mouths gotta get fed.

Since 1976

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 02:41 PM

17. "very fucked up"
In response to Reply # 0

shouldve got a day off, since it seems to be default to give mother's the day off
same should be for fathers

i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13035357 Previous topic | Next topic