Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13032784

Subject: "Voice Alum Christina Grimmie Shot and Killed after performance" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 01:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Voice Alum Christina Grimmie Shot and Killed after performance"
Sat Jun-11-16 02:20 PM by CyrenYoung

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/voice-alum-christina-grimmie-shot-901779

A man shot the singer and then himself after her performance Friday.
Christina Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice season six, was shot at a concert Friday night.

Orlando Police responded to a call at the Plaza Live venue at about 10:20 p.m. ET on Friday night, where they found Grimmie injured, the Orlando police department said in a statement.

Grimmie performed with the band Before You Exit at the venue and she stayed after the event to sign autographs for fans, when police say a man approached the singer and shot her. He was tackled by Grimmie's brother, and during that struggle, the suspect fatally shot himself, according to police.

Grimmie was transported to a local hospital with critical injuries. The performer competed on the sixth season of The Voice, and before that began posting videos of her songs on YouTube as a teenager.

The band Before You Exit, as well as fellow performers, TV stars and reality contestants, took to Twitter after the incident with the hashtag #prayforChristina.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
She didn't make it.
Jun 11th 2016
didn't know who she was but this is horrible
Jun 11th 2016
Man this is so fucked up. RIP
Jun 11th 2016
I've never watched 1 minute of The Voice, but this story was on my phone...
Jun 11th 2016
Yeah this one is terrible.
Jun 11th 2016

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 09:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "She didn't make it."
In response to Reply # 0

She was hella young, too. Fuckin senseless.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

SeV
Charter member
50209 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 09:23 AM

2. "didn't know who she was but this is horrible "
In response to Reply # 0

Can't imagine what her fam going thru

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 10:14 AM

3. "Man this is so fucked up. RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

remember her from youtube before the voice. So i actually watched that season. Incredible voice and she just seemed like such a positive person.

One of my favorite vids was her cover of that Sia/Guetta Titanium joint. And its fucking eerie in retrospect. I dont think Ill ever be able to watch that vid again given the content, especially the lyrics "you shoot me down, but i wont fall. I am titanium"

Man. And the dude that did it killed himself so the fam can never get closure. Just incredibly fucked up

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 10:29 AM

4. "I've never watched 1 minute of The Voice, but this story was on my phone..."
In response to Reply # 0

when I got up this morning. Pretty girl, young, doing what she enjoyed. Can't even imagine how terrible that had to be. Of course bitch ass shooter kills himself. How the fuck he get TWO guns in? Props to her brother for taking him down, though.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Sat Jun-11-16 06:45 PM

5. "Yeah this one is terrible. "
In response to Reply # 0

Just a real shame.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Lobby General Discussion topic #13032784 Previous topic | Next topic