Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13015590

Subject: "Which one of you negros scared Amy Schumer?" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Which one of you negros scared Amy Schumer?"

http://wspa.com/2016/05/01/greenville-man-defends-selfie-after-amy-schumers-instagram-blast/

Celebrity Comedian Amy Schumer posted a picture of a local man on her Instagram Saturday as backlash for a selfie gone wrong in downtown Greenville. Now, that man is defending his selfie video and says he wants everyone to know his side of the story.

Schumer held a comedy show in Greenville Friday night. She was downtown Greenville Saturday and made the Instagram post the same day. She claims a man scared her and insisted on taking photos even after she asked him not to. The post says the man said “no it’s America and we paid for you.” She added that he was the reason she wouldn’t be taking photos with fans any longer.

The post has received national attention and has since gotten thousands of likes and comments. It reads:

This guy in front of his family just ran up next to me scared the **** out of me. Put a camera in my face. I asked him to stop and he said “no it’s America and we paid for you” this was in front of his daughter. I was saying stop and no. Great message to your kid. Yes legally you are allowed to take a picture of me. But I was asking you to stop and saying no. I will not take picture with people anymore and it’s because of this dude in Greenville.”

She also went to Twitter to thank fans for support.. She said she will still take pictures with nice people but pressed that she doesn’t owe anyone anything and that if she says no, that it should not be done.

Leslie Brewer says the man in the post is him and that he believes the situation has been blown out of proportion . He says Schumer’s post doesn’t tell the whole story and that he was doing what any fan would do.

“I’m being looked at as somebody that I’m not. You know, at first it was funny but as the days go on, it is kind of like, wow,” he said.

Fuck that girl yo... I could see if he was by himself or with a group of dudes but he was with his wife and his daughter.

"This is America, we paid for you"

I cant front, this is some funny shit for a black man to say to a white woman.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Why'd she say no?
May 03rd 2016
Ha, now that you mention it....
May 03rd 2016
He scared her
May 03rd 2016
...because she can?
May 03rd 2016
      k
May 03rd 2016
Hussein Ibn Malik is the first thing to come to my mind lol
May 03rd 2016
Haha
May 03rd 2016
lmao
May 04th 2016
http://whns.images.worldnow.com/images/10457819_G.jpg
May 03rd 2016
oh really, you found a reason to be mad at amy schumer
May 03rd 2016
"No, it's America, and we paid for you" - What does that mean?
May 03rd 2016
that someone is watching too much tv
May 04th 2016
she is public property due to being famous?
May 04th 2016
Black men get shamed for taking fan photos now
May 04th 2016
smh. she said he scared the shit out of her
May 04th 2016

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Why'd she say no?"
In response to Reply # 0

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:55 PM

5. "Ha, now that you mention it...."
In response to Reply # 1

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:01 PM

7. "He scared her"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43745 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:07 PM

8. "...because she can?"
In response to Reply # 1

Like if a celebrity doesn't look halfway decent they don't want pics of them being taken. She looked like she just got done working out. I wouldn't want that picture of me out there either.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:55 PM

9. "k"
In response to Reply # 8

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:48 PM

2. "Hussein Ibn Malik is the first thing to come to my mind lol"
In response to Reply # 0

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:50 PM

3. "Haha"
In response to Reply # 2

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed May-04-16 07:44 AM

15. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 2

DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Tue May-03-16 07:53 PM

4. "http://whns.images.worldnow.com/images/10457819_G.jpg"
In response to Reply # 0

http://whns.images.worldnow.com/images/10457819_G.jpg
He definitely looks like one of us.

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "oh really, you found a reason to be mad at amy schumer"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm shocked

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue May-03-16 11:59 PM

10. ""No, it's America, and we paid for you" - What does that mean?"
In response to Reply # 0

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed May-04-16 05:24 AM

11. "that someone is watching too much tv"
In response to Reply # 10

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed May-04-16 07:38 AM

13. "she is public property due to being famous? "
In response to Reply # 10

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed May-04-16 07:33 AM

12. "Black men get shamed for taking fan photos now"
In response to Reply # 0

So much fear, like dude was gonna start raping and murdering RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FAMILY.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed May-04-16 07:40 AM

14. "smh. she said he scared the shit out of her"
In response to Reply # 12

Lobby General Discussion topic #13015590 Previous topic | Next topic