Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12996400

Subject: "American Idol vs. Other singing shows" Previous topic | Next topic
JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Mar-30-16 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"American Idol vs. Other singing shows"

In it's 16 seasons, there have been some super great artists that came from this show...

My personal faves: Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, David Cook and Jordin Sparks.

I look forward to her: https://youtu.be/5zq3whd5qgw to win...she has been killing it this final season!

I can't think of any other shows that have truly turned out real stars...aside from say Pentatonix. The last guy that won The Voice last season has a chance. But I can't think of anyone else that has benefited from being on any other show other than American Idol...

this is mostly a post to help me pass time at work...

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Did anyone watch WB Superstar?
Mar 30th 2016
I do remember that show
Mar 30th 2016
Just bringing up other singing shows
Mar 30th 2016

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22285 posts
Wed Mar-30-16 02:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Did anyone watch WB Superstar?"
In response to Reply # 0

It was on around 2004. My girl & I watched it as it was being broadcast. The judges were Tone Loc, Vitamin C and a dude named Christopher Briggs.

It was billed as a singing competition reality show but there was a twist. They would advance the worst of all the singers and cut the people with good voices. of course, the people who were advancing didn't know this. As the show went on, they would get makeovers, voice coaches and even dance routines with background dancers.

Me, my girl & my nephew recently spent about 2 hours recently scouring YouTube for clips and laughing to tears.

Yes, it's cruel and insensitive. There are times where it's absolutely cringe-inducing. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hilarious.

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Wed Mar-30-16 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I do remember that show"
In response to Reply # 1

I even remember the WB frog

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Wed Mar-30-16 07:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Just bringing up other singing shows"
In response to Reply # 0

Rockstar INXS/Supernova I actually kinda dug, had a few decent singers on there that really rocked.

idk, I think with Youtube now more likely to find a star that way than these talent shows. American Idol hasn't really been very good since Simon left, some talent since obviously but the voting, the judging, stupid Big Machine dude, song choices, Randy Minor band, mediocre singers making the top 10 cuz they are cute.. gets on my nerves.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12996400 Previous topic | Next topic