Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12994915

Subject: "World Peace and a Sanders Presidency are possible, y'all (Iha plays w/ S..." Previous topic | Next topic
magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18759 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 02:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"World Peace and a Sanders Presidency are possible, y'all (Iha plays w/ S..."

And I'm somebody who thinks Jeff Schroeder was a more than capable replacement for James' Cat Stevens-singing ass.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/james-iha-reunites-with-smashing-pumpkins.html

James Iha Plays With Billy Corgan and Smashing Pumpkins for the First Time in 16 Years
By Greg Cwik

James Iha was the rhythm guitarist for Smashing Pumpkins from their inception in 1988 until 2000, when the band first broke up. He appeared prominently on their seminal sophomore album Siamese Dream (1993) and the mammoth double-LP Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995), which eschewed the grungier aesthetic that was all the rage at the time in favor of stacked guitar solos and a huge stadium-filling sound. Iha had not played with band leader Billy Corgan for 16 years until Saturday night at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, when the guitarist celebrated his 48th birthday by appearing with Corgan and skin-beater Jimmy Chamberlin and playing several tracks off Siamese Dream, including "Mayonaise," "Soma," "Today," "Rocket," "Disarm," and "Spaceboy." (Iha co-wrote "Soma" and "Mayonaise.") You can watch fan-shot videos below, though the "Soma" video tragically cuts out right before the guitar solo and cuts back in right after the solo.

---------------------------------
Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Is Jimmy back full time yet?
Mar 28th 2016
neat...is D'Arcy still alive?
Mar 28th 2016

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 03:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Is Jimmy back full time yet? "
In response to Reply # 0

I know he played a tour last year. I think you told me that actually. Can't find anything about him signing back up though.

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 03:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "neat...is D'Arcy still alive?"
In response to Reply # 0

I saw a mugshot of her a couple years ago looking roughhhhhh.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12994915 Previous topic | Next topic