Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12994456

Subject: "U.S. District Judge Orders Iran to pay $10.5BN to 9/11 kin/insurers" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sun Mar-27-16 10:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"U.S. District Judge Orders Iran to pay $10.5BN to 9/11 kin/insurers"

Where they do that at?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-10/iran-told-to-pay-10-5-billion-to-sept-11-kin-insurers

Iran was ordered by a U.S. judge to pay more than $10.5 billion in damages to families of people killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and to a group of insurers.

U.S. District Judge George Daniels in New York issued a default judgment Wednesday against Iran for $7.5 billion to the estates and families of people who died at the World Trade Center and Pentagon. It includes $2 million to each estate for the victims’ pain and suffering plus $6.88 million in punitive damages.

Daniels also awarded $3 billion to insurers including Chubb Ltd. that paid property damage, business interruption and other claims.

Earlier in the case, Daniels found that Iran had failed to defend claims that it aided the Sept. 11 hijackers and was therefore liable for damages tied to the attacks. Daniels’s ruling Wednesday adopts damages findings by a U.S. magistrate judge in December. While it is difficult to collect damages from an unwilling foreign nation, the plaintiffs may try to collect part of the judgments using a law that permits parties to tap terrorists’ assets frozen by the government.
The case is In Re Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001, 03-cv-09848, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).
-->

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
so I'm guessing this judge would grant black people reparations
Mar 27th 2016
If that's for Iran
Mar 28th 2016
That was my first thought...like um Saudis must own like 100 Billion
Mar 28th 2016
you know?
Mar 28th 2016
get this:
Mar 28th 2016
LOL.
Mar 28th 2016
i need to know more about the procedural posture of this shit
Mar 28th 2016
if i had to guess, mofos waited til sanctions were gone, and the
Mar 28th 2016
      ah HA.
Mar 28th 2016
the fuck does Iran have to do with 9/11
Mar 28th 2016
meanwhile, in Iran...
Mar 28th 2016

Ill Jux
Member since Jan 19th 2007
14705 posts
Sun Mar-27-16 11:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "so I'm guessing this judge would grant black people reparations"
In response to Reply # 0

______

in the memory of NYC upt JUX�

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 01:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "If that's for Iran"
In response to Reply # 0

Saudi Arabia and the House of Saud is going to have a heck of a bill they never will have to pay

<-Fear Ameer

Castro
Charter member
50741 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 08:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "That was my first thought...like um Saudis must own like 100 Billion"
In response to Reply # 2

------------------
One Hundred.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 08:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "you know?"
In response to Reply # 2

LOL

fuck you.

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 02:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "get this: "
In response to Reply # 2

This same judge held that Saudi Arabia was legally cleared from paying billions in damages to families of 9/11 victims last year, after he dismissed claims that the country provided material support to the terrorists and ruled that Riyadh had sovereign immunity.

LOL.

-->

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 08:44 AM

4. "LOL. "
In response to Reply # 0

what a waste of the legal system.

fuck you.

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 08:54 AM

6. "i need to know more about the procedural posture of this shit"
In response to Reply # 0

Like how did it take 13 years to get a default against a party that i assume never even filed an answer because there's no jurisdiction?

Were we waiting all this time for an affidavit of service? Did the plaintiff have to serve by publication? What's been going on for 12+ years?

i still blame hip-hop.

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 02:42 PM

7. "if i had to guess, mofos waited til sanctions were gone, and the "
In response to Reply # 6

billions of iran's money that was locked up is 'free' to move around now

they got libya to pay for the pan am 103 flight in a similar move, also 12 yrs later and after sanctions were removed

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 02:43 PM

8. "ah HA."
In response to Reply # 7

this is making some sense now.

fuck you.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 03:59 PM

10. "the fuck does Iran have to do with 9/11"
In response to Reply # 0

especially since Bush did that shit

...stay woke
#Folgers

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Mon Mar-28-16 04:27 PM

11. "meanwhile, in Iran..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag293/Pops313/iran_laugh_zpsnpz3uida.jpg

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12994456 Previous topic | Next topic