Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12978556

Subject: "Donell JOnes unsung and he was before Usher on Laface " Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Feb-24-16 11:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Donell JOnes unsung and he was before Usher on Laface "

meaning he could have big on Laface. remember Usher was getting his hair braided as a youngster in Donell's "U know whats up" and wasn't what he would become.

Donell was on that hybrid Stevie/Michael tip. he from the CHI and he got the same musical stew as R.Kelly,but he got ran off the road at sony.

should be a good show. brother had some skills.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
donell jones was that dude "where I wanna be'
Feb 25th 2016
How did you come up with this?
Feb 25th 2016

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Thu Feb-25-16 12:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "donell jones was that dude "where I wanna be'"
In response to Reply # 0

was the go-to r&b album during my college days.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Thu Feb-25-16 02:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "How did you come up with this? "
In response to Reply # 0

Usher dropped his first album in 1995 and it went gold and had Think Of You which ended up a top 10 hit for him. However, he was YOUNG. Like 14 or 15 at the time.

Donnell Jones first album was in 1996, and had no hits compared to Usher's first album. None of his singles charted, and the biggest song was the cover of the Stevie Wonder song. His second album came out in 1999 and had that joint with Left Eye, and where i want to be, both of which were huge. Cool.

Usher's second album was in 1997 (2 years before Donnell's) and went platinum and had several chart topping songs: My Way, Nice and Slow, You Make Me Wanna...

Usher was always the bigger star from the start, that's why they put in him in Donnell's video. Donnell doesnt' have the same charisma or can pull the same crowd as Usher (the younger crowd who was actually buying albums).

Lobby General Discussion topic #12978556 Previous topic | Next topic