Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12976264

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Fri Feb-19-16 12:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"

it's been a while since i've seen one of these, so i figured i'd bring it back myself.

2016 did not quite start out how I planned but it's mostly going well. Had my masters graduation yesterday, I can't believe I made it this far. It doesn't feel like almost 6 years since i had this pipe dream to jack it all in and start over. I'm pretty proud of myself.

My freelance contract got renewed, which is pretty dope considering when i went for it in the first place felt like a long shot. I'm finally starting to shake this feeling of impostor syndrome.

Of my other two major projects, one is really popping off & we're having our first event soon, and keep getting requests to do more stuff. I did not anticipate this at all, so it's really cool. But the other thing which seemed more promising keeps stalling. We're tied in to a project with a major institution, so I can't just dead it, but by the end of the year I'll know whether I want to continue or put my energy into the other thing. Anyway its good to have options, and for them to be of my own making.

Apart from that, it's cold but sunny, i love bright winter days. Have a great weekend everyone!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
been a minute
Feb 19th 2016

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Feb-19-16 01:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "been a minute"
In response to Reply # 0

i have no complaints. even though i broke my foot and have the cough from hell, i'm pretty happy with things. i knocked out some big applications and i'm getting ready to pack up for nyc. this year is going to be big and i'm milking it for all its worth.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12976264 Previous topic | Next topic