Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12974232

Subject: "Vanity passed away. RIP" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 07:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Vanity passed away. RIP"

https://twitter.com/MCHammer/status/699387281619210241

Inaugural member of my spank bank HOF.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
https://www.facebook.com/SheilaEDrummer/photos/a.220009471344805.66464.2...
Feb 15th 2016
TMZ confirmed it
Feb 15th 2016
man, fuck that
Feb 15th 2016
FOKITY FOK FOK FOK!!!!! :(
Feb 15th 2016
Rip...
Feb 15th 2016
Damn!! This woman was my first "bad girl" crush. She has always had a
Feb 15th 2016
I was just reading about her last week and her medical situation...
Feb 15th 2016
Fam, you're an open homophobe. That's kinda disrespectful for life.
Feb 15th 2016
      Well I'm not a homophobe and he's right that is disrespectful
Feb 15th 2016
      So now I should go to hell? That's rather mature of you.
Feb 15th 2016
      I love how folks play on Okp sensibilities
Feb 15th 2016
           You came in here to feign outrage? Lol...good job...good effort.
Feb 15th 2016
           now I don't even know what you mean
Feb 15th 2016
           they slap that shit down like its spades
Feb 16th 2016
                lol right!
Feb 16th 2016
Criminally gorgeous....
Feb 15th 2016
RIP Laura Charles
Feb 15th 2016
peace to the goddess
Feb 15th 2016
RIP and she was something else
Feb 15th 2016
Such a lovely person...
Feb 15th 2016
She was the baddest Chick in Prince's camp
Feb 15th 2016
Here, here!I wish I could find my pin up of her that I had way back when...
Feb 15th 2016
RIP to a beautiful soul.
Feb 15th 2016
RIP
Feb 15th 2016
Really sad to hear this news.
Feb 16th 2016
Damn RIP
Feb 16th 2016
RIP indeed
Feb 16th 2016
52 Pickup was on cable this week. I watched just to see her.
Feb 16th 2016
RE: Vanity passed away. RIP
Feb 16th 2016
RE: Vanity passed away. RIP
Feb 16th 2016

rdhull
Charter member
33137 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 07:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "https://www.facebook.com/SheilaEDrummer/photos/a.220009471344805.66464.2..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.facebook.com/SheilaEDrummer/photos/a.220009471344805.66464.218325951513157/1131411160204627/?type=3&theater

SADDEN by my GREAT SISTER and FRIEND IN CHRIST passed today. Vanity, Denise Matthews. I WILL MISS YOU DEARLY. U ARE IN HIS ARMS NOW, FREE OF PAIN.
(Her words) boy it is not fun suffering in this body of weak flesh... but Jesus is straightening out all my crooked places.
So pray for me now for i am believing in complete healing of this body longing to be healed made whole my heart..I have my vision, i keep it close. I repent daily my sins, my faults and my shortcomings. He has brought me out of so many fires, oh so many, 23 years alive after the doctors pronounced i would be dead way back then 1992...I lift my head up high to the sky and do thank my Jesus that He has kept me thus far and even as much as this body would love to be with Tho my testimonies, some hard and some dangerously painful are all unto the glory of the Lord. i am learning continuous obedience always hoping for change to become who He is... thru all my sufferings ...And my King has made my heart soft...My very first prayer on my deathbed to Jesus was" Do whatever it takes to save me, just don't let me die...Whatever it takes, make my heart whole...He is busily working on me...If you are suffering thru something right now i lift you to Jesus ..may He preserve you and keep you unto His heavenly kingdom and may you endure thru your change in Him...He knows what it takes to break us, make us deliver us into His Holy hands amen...Make our hearts Whole amen

BootyGreen
Charter member
1410 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 07:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "TMZ confirmed it"
In response to Reply # 0

:(

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/15/vanity-dies-singer-nasty-girl/

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 07:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "man, fuck that"
In response to Reply # 0

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 07:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "FOKITY FOK FOK FOK!!!!! :("
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Rip..."
In response to Reply # 0

she was out there pretty bad at one point as noted in Nikki Sixxs book..dam her ex hubby jus got triple life and shit....

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

CaptainRook
Charter member
4937 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:26 PM

6. "Damn!! This woman was my first "bad girl" crush. She has always had a"
In response to Reply # 0

a special place in my heart, right behind Bern Nadette Stanis (my first, first crush).

Damn, THIS Hurts.

RIP, sexy goddess.

<<<<"Nothings more attractive than a heavy praying woman" © Andre 3000

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:26 PM

7. "I was just reading about her last week and her medical situation..."
In response to Reply # 0

>Inaugural member of my spank bank HOF.

That's kind of disrespectful for a RIP post.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Fam, you're an open homophobe. That's kinda disrespectful for life. "
In response to Reply # 7

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:44 PM

12. "Well I'm not a homophobe and he's right that is disrespectful"
In response to Reply # 10

go to hell

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:46 PM

13. "So now I should go to hell? That's rather mature of you. "
In response to Reply # 12

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 09:54 PM

18. "I love how folks play on Okp sensibilities "
In response to Reply # 10

>
As if homophobia or any bigotry was a trump card

I hate most of yall

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 10:09 PM

19. "You came in here to feign outrage? Lol...good job...good effort. "
In response to Reply # 18

Mgmt
21496 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 10:54 PM

20. "now I don't even know what you mean"
In response to Reply # 19

>
Go shit in your pants

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79602 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 09:34 AM

27. "they slap that shit down like its spades"
In response to Reply # 18

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 09:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
29. "lol right!"
In response to Reply # 27

Talkin bout "You said a homophobic term in a post you made six years ago on March the 8th, I remember it!"

And the current post be about potato salad recipes or some shit. Nigga mad cause someone questioned why his shit ain't yellow lol.

=================
Official Okay-Super Villainℱ

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:28 PM

8. "Criminally gorgeous...."
In response to Reply # 0

A restless spirit who found peace....

Love....Vanity....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:35 PM

9. "RIP Laura Charles"
In response to Reply # 0

tex
Member since Apr 13th 2003
11394 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 08:43 PM

11. "peace to the goddess"
In response to Reply # 0

girl of my dreams-
i cld ramble on, for a nice lil while too
but nah...

damn

rosemary's babydaddy

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 09:00 PM

14. "RIP and she was something else"
In response to Reply # 0

she was a strong soul and found her soul after turned from her past and changed her life. prayers go out to her family and friends and fans worldwide.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

murph71
23113 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 09:14 PM

15. "Such a lovely person..."
In response to Reply # 0

Had a chance to speak with her back in 2007....Vanity was gracious about her past....Loved her...(SWIPE)

VIBE
And You Are?... Vanity of Vanity 6
By: Keith Murphy

Every week, we locate a seemingly missing person and ask the question, "And you are?..." This installment: Denise Matthews aka VANITY.

Throughout the '80s, Denise Matthews, who gained infamy as Vanity - the remarkably gorgeous girlfriend and pin-up protege of music icon Prince - was the proverbial wet dream. And a coked-out drug addict. By the mid-'90s, the former charismatic front woman for sex-drenched girl group Vanity 6 and part-time actress cheated death, put away the lingerie and became a Christian Evangelist (she heads the evangelical organization Pure Heart Ministries). So what gives? We tracked down Matthews, who is set to release self-published, tell-all memoir The Black Box, to find out what made the former nasty girl turn to God - and what it was like going toe-to-toe with the Purple One.

When you began going around the country to preach, was it hard for folks to get past the fact that you was the same chick that was moaning "Nasty Girl" in her underwear?

Getting past my past? Well, that was a process, a very serious process indeed. My God. As a person, constantly changing, trying to be better. Back when I was Vanity, it was all about being sexy, getting slimmer, and getting cuter. Things have changed. Now it's not the outward appearance, it's the inward man that I'm trying to change. And that's the message I bring to the people.

How often do you get the 'Aren't you Vanity?' line?

You know, it depends on where I'm at. If I'm going into a different city, like in the Midwest or back East, I get it quite a bit. Where I live today , I believe that God chose this place for me because I don't get a whole lot of people that recognize me. And that doesn't bother me. The ones that do recognize me, I always switch that they give me to salvation.

Your book is very open about your wild partying lifestyle and past cocaine abuse. At one point you were nearly on your deathbed in 1994, blind and deaf, after suffering a stroke, kidney failure and a heart attack. What do you say to the cynical bastard that thinks that most celebrities find religion when it's convenient?

Well, we all make the mistake of thinking, and I did too so many times, that God did this to us. But we kill ourselves and choose who we want to be. I put the drugs in my mouth, I did the fornication, I had all the lust, and I chose the way of "sex sells." I wanted to be famous and rich. I chose to be Vanity.

Your turbulent romantic relationship with Prince, who gave you the name Vanity and created and produced Vanity 6, is the stuff of rock 'n' roll legend. Is it true that when you first met Prince at the American Music Awards in January of '82, that you arrived with Rick James and left with Mr. Nelson?

People have so many renditions of what I did (laughing). I remember one time somebody said that the reason I left Prince was because I was having his baby *laughing* Do they make this stuff up? You have to read my book to find out what really happened.

Are you shocked at Prince becoming a Jehovah's Witness? This from the same cat who basically inspired explicit lyrics stickers and was a walking sex act in high heels.

I believe that God is calling him (Prince) like he is calling many others. I cannot judge Prince's heart. Everything takes time, so my heart is just to pray for him and that he finds what he's looking for just as I pray for myself as I continue to find my own way because you can be on the path one day and then go off the wrong path the next.

Obviously, some fans are going to buy your book to read about your wild days as a sex symbol. But what do you really want readers to get out of The Black Box?

I think it's important to understand the title of my book. The black box is the only thing that survives a plane crash, and I want people to know that I'm a survivor. I go to wherever God calls me, wherever the church calls me to come to minister and preach the word of God. God told me, "Speak the kingdom of God with all your heart, mind, body, soul, and strength. . . seek the kingdom of God first." In the beginning I was planning on naming it Blame It On Vanity. . . Denise, but I wanted to separate myself from the sinful name that made me famous. Vanity means worthlessness, and that's the last thing I want to be known for. And I'm not worthless anymore. My name is Denise.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 09:36 PM

16. "She was the baddest Chick in Prince's camp"
In response to Reply # 0

she was his muse for a minute,she was his TIna to His Ike.

she was on the wall on all the Hood walls back in the day.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

CaptainRook
Charter member
4937 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 09:48 PM

17. "Here, here!I wish I could find my pin up of her that I had way back when..."
In response to Reply # 16

>
>she was on the wall on all the Hood walls back in the day.
>
>

<<<<"Nothings more attractive than a heavy praying woman" © Andre 3000

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 11:02 PM

21. "RIP to a beautiful soul. "
In response to Reply # 0

Mgmt
21496 posts
Mon Feb-15-16 11:03 PM

22. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

>
>
>https://twitter.com/MCHammer/status/699387281619210241
>
>Inaugural member of my spank bank HOF.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 12:08 AM

23. "Really sad to hear this news."
In response to Reply # 0

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 06:55 AM

24. "Damn RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful woman

Ananse
Charter member
6104 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 07:33 AM

25. "RIP indeed"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Peace to Bayete Ross-Smith.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 07:39 AM

26. "52 Pickup was on cable this week. I watched just to see her. "
In response to Reply # 0

she was amazing in it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Red07
Member since Oct 19th 2005
482 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 09:37 AM

28. "RE: Vanity passed away. RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

From his show last night in Melbourne:

Prince reworked his classic The Ladder to replace the name ‘Electra’ with ‘Vanity’ — so the lyrics ran “This Prince, he had a subject named Vanity who loved him with a passion, uncontested.”
After an encore Prince returned to the stage noting “I am new to this playing alone. I thank you all for being so patient. I’m trying to stay focused, it’s a little heavy for me tonight. Just keep jamming ... She knows about this one.” That introduced a truly incredible version of The Beautiful Ones, another song from the Vanity era (she was the original choice for lead in the Purple Rain movie), the song ending with Prince changing “my knees” for “Denise ... Denise”.
Unusually chatty and candid, he continued going off script. “Can I tell you a story about Vanity? Or should I tell you a story about Denise? Her and I used to love each other deeply. She loved me for the artist I was, I loved her for the artist she was trying to be. She and I would fight. She was very headstrong cos she knew she was the finest woman in the world. She never missed an opportunity to tell you that.”
Prince then opened up about a fight where he threatened to throw Vanity in the pool. She said “You can’t throw me in the pool, you’re too little”. He then asked his six foot bodyguard Chick to do the dirty work for him.
“I probably shouldn’t be telling this story,“ he said, “but she’d want us to celebrate her life and not mourn her.”

murph71
23113 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 09:58 AM

30. "RE: Vanity passed away. RIP"
In response to Reply # 28

...Prince is human after all.....

Great quotes....This tour is showing an entirely different side of him....

(*Vanity.....love*)

Lobby General Discussion topic #12974232 Previous topic | Next topic