Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12966800

Subject: "American Greed tv show appreciation page" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Feb-01-16 10:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"American Greed tv show appreciation page"

any episodes stand out for you and why?

have you or anyone you know been hustled by a Ponzi scheme?

Stacy Keach with that cool narration.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I swear I stay saying "... and this is where you get out" watching it
Feb 01st 2016
RE: I swear I stay saying "... and this is where you get out" watching i...
Feb 02nd 2016
Yeah. I'll never forget the two sisters that had the nut & bolt company
Feb 02nd 2016
love this show. my favorite was Rita Crundwell.
Feb 02nd 2016
RE: love this show. my favorite was Rita Crundwell.
Feb 02nd 2016
      i dunno, she got over 19 years. that's not minimal IMO
Feb 02nd 2016
One of my college friends was a Madoff victim.
Feb 02nd 2016

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Mon Feb-01-16 10:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I swear I stay saying "... and this is where you get out" watching it"
In response to Reply # 0

Every one of them cats got hemmed up by staying in their scams entirely too long.

Make millions, clock out early, live out the rest of your days in a non-extradition treaty country.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Red07
Member since Oct 19th 2005
482 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 10:21 AM

2. "RE: I swear I stay saying "... and this is where you get out" watching i..."
In response to Reply # 1

its amazing the amounts of money they steal for a relative small prison time..And Maxx they one that stood out was Kwame Fitzpatrick and just how much time he and his cohorts got vs the rest of the mfer politicians past and present and other

he doesnt get out of jail till he damn near 70

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 12:46 PM

6. "Yeah. I'll never forget the two sisters that had the nut & bolt company"
In response to Reply # 1

They were a supplier to the gov't, and they accidentally charged like $1,000 for shipping, basically added an extra zero by accident, and it cleared. So they started charging $10k or more for shipping and it kept clearing. Like you think that won't come back to nest at some point... SMH. If they just charged like an extra $500 for shipping, the government would probably not trip too badly even if they got caught. But tens of thousands! One of the sisters ended up killing herself after they got caught. Sad.

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 11:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "love this show. my favorite was Rita Crundwell."
In response to Reply # 0

Comptroller and Treasurer of Dixon, IL who embezzled tens of millions to pay for her ridiculous horse owning lifestyle.

That one was fascinating and showed a lot of holes in the checks and balances in small city governance.

i still blame hip-hop.

Red07
Member since Oct 19th 2005
482 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 12:19 PM

4. "RE: love this show. my favorite was Rita Crundwell."
In response to Reply # 3

>Comptroller and Treasurer of Dixon, IL who embezzled tens of
>millions to pay for her ridiculous horse owning lifestyle.
>
>That one was fascinating and showed a lot of holes in the
>checks and balances in small city governance.

that was a good one..and we not talking small money here either///literally 10's of millions if not 100's of millions of dollars ..lives ruined yet jail time minimal;

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 12:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "i dunno, she got over 19 years. that's not minimal IMO"
In response to Reply # 4

i think the number was around $50 mil. it was a lot.

i'm not sure how many lives were really ruined though, from what i remember. the way she did it, the tax base of the city improved while she was in office, so really it was more a lot of people being denied municipal services (and possibly some sort of tax refund) than anything.

it wasn't like she drained someone's whole retirement like a lot of these assholes.

not that she wasn't absolutely wrong and deserves what she got (or more, maybe) but i don't know that she really ruined (m)any individual lives. just hurt the quality of life in her town for her personal gain.

i still blame hip-hop.

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Tue Feb-02-16 12:48 PM

7. "One of my college friends was a Madoff victim."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know if she ended up getting much back or how it was resolved, really. Just that she lost a lot of money.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12966800 Previous topic | Next topic