Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12966685

Subject: "R.I.P. BUSTA - MY BABY BEAST!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Brownsugar
Charter member
9491 posts
Mon Feb-01-16 05:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. BUSTA - MY BABY BEAST!!!"

Hello OKP !!! I am truly an OKP OG !!! I am sure that some of you here read my post about my dog Busta>>> http://brownsugar7341.bizhosting.com.bizhosting.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/BUSTA4MonthsOld.jpg

I got him when he was about 4-1/2 months old. My son purchased this little cutie from some niggraz that was into mistreating dogs and using them for fighting purposes. My son called me the night that he bought Busta and told me that he had a pit bull puppy for me. First of all, my son talked like this was a little small puppy that I would be able to hold in my hands, but it turned out that he was over 30 lbs. The dog stunk like all be damned, he was very vicious and had obviously been abused in all types of ways, which included being beaten and starved. He had extreme Diarrhea, he had been starved and physically abused. I was able to get Busta's diarrhea into a stable condition, but then he started itching very badly and I had to make several trips to the vet for his skin condition. Busta had a skin disease for which he lost 50% of his fur and this disease was very difficult to get rid of. I used some of the treatments and medications that the vet gave me but it was very little help. The vet wanted me to bring him back in again for further tests, x-rays, baths, etc. I had already spent more money than I could afford but he had started scratching himself to the point of bleeding. I took it upon myself to use their medicines and some home remedies that my mother told me about and he stopped itching and all of his fur grew back.

Even though I got him back into a good physical condition, he was still very vicious. I really needed someone to help me with him and I could not afford to hire a professional trainer for him, so I had to do all of the work which was difficult. It came down to the fact that I was the only person that was able to touch him, rub him or play with him. For some strange reason, (well, strange to me???) I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to run up on a 70 pound pit bull that they did not know ??? ; people, would love to come up to him and try to rub him and they would always get bit. This was not a minor problem, it was major because it got the point where, where ever I would take him I would have to announce. "PLEASE DON'T TRY TO RUB OR PET HIM BECAUSE HE WILL BITE YOU!!!" Busta was the best dog that I ever had as far as me leaving him home alone, he was not spiteful, he was not destructive and walked very well on his leash. He became totally friendly, loving and protective of me and became to be like my own little boy. I would take him everywhere with me.

After 3-1/2 years, the itching started to come back and even some of the diarrhea started to come back. I started back giving him the home remedies which did help him for a few months. The day that he died, I took him out for his morning walk and I noticed that a lot of flies started trying to fly on him, especially his mouth and he had round red spots on his back and the white part of his chest, I'm thinking, "something is really wrong with him", I had made an appointment to take him back to the doctor by the end of the week and I thought that he would do okay until then, but later that night, he started throwing up about every 15 minutes. As I cleaned up the vomit, I noticed it had that he was throwing up brown blood and it had the same horrible smell that he used to have when he had diarrhea when I first got him as a puppy.

Each time he through up, the blood spots started to disappear and he seemed to have become more restful, but after a couple of hours he started to slow down and become weaker. He was still able to walk around and looked better than he had in a couple of months. Due to the fact that the blood spots were clearing up, I didn't know if he was going to be better or worse. During this time, he walked into my bedroom and started looking around my bedroom and he looked at me as if to say, "I really love you and I am going to miss being here with you." I said to him, NO BUSTA, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, I NEED YOU, PLEASE !!!" Me and Busta had a good understanding and he let me know that he wanted me to rub him, sing to him and play him some music on the computer just as I had done for him every night. I did all of these things and he seemed very happy and content. It came to be about 4:00 in the morning and I was very tired from cleaning vomit, from 7:00 that night until about 11:00 that night so I just told him that I hope that he would be better by morning. At about 7:00 that morning, my son found Busta laying on the bathroom floor and he was dying. I tried to pick up his cold leg which had started getting stiffed, Busta looked at my son and he looked at me. I left the bathroom and started to cry. A few minutes later, my son came back and told me that he think Busta had died. I came into the washroom and Busta was lying there in a large puddle of his own blood!!!

Busta died the early part of September which has been about 4 months now. I sit here with tears in my eyes as I write this LONNNNG post but I felt it was time to get this off my chest...

About a month after Busta died, I went to an animal shelter near my home in hopes to find me a new dog. I looked on the wall and I saw a banner saying that they needed volunteers. I did not find a puppy there but I did become a volunteer.

All during the time that I had Busta, his mannerism let me know that he was severely mis-treated from birth and I started watching tv programs about dog abuse and people that use dogs for fighting and money making purposes and it was hard for me to believe the cruel things that people did to dogs, especially the ones that they use for fighting. It truly hurts for me to know that people torture and kill dogs that lose fights, it was very hard to believe what I saw and started hearing about dog fights. It is so unfortunate that African-American Black people are the main people that participate in these dog fighting rings. I am the Blackest person that volunteers at this animal shelter and it is so embarrassing to me when they bring in the crazy, mean dogs that have been mistreated and tortured by Black folks for profit!!!

Since this is Black History month, I do hope that someone will take the time to read this story about a beautiful dog that was destroyed at the hands of a stupid Black American person, that turned a beautiful, perfect dog into an evil soldier for their own selfish purposes. These folks treat dogs the same way that we were treated during slavery and it is just a damn shame!!! We went to a Walmart store in a Black community earlier this summer and I noticed that they had more metal chains for sale at this store than any of the stores in my own community where Blacks are the minority of shoppers. BLACK FOLKS AND ANY OTHER FOLKS THAT PARTICIPATE IN THE ABUSE AND PROFIT OF DOGS DO NEED TO STOP MIMICKING THE ACTIVITIES THAT TOOK PLACE WITH US DURING SLAVERY, IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT!!! Dogs have become a multi-million dollar industry through us that will go and pay thousands of dollars for dogs to make money and abuse and very few Black folks get very much out of the deal except a curse from God!!!

I think I am almost through crying and venting about Busta and other dogs like him, but I gotta let you know that the last 3 dogs that I owned I got from Black private owners...

***My Dog "Miss Tango" (The Big Dog)>>> http://brownsugar7341.bizhosting.com.bizhosting.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/TangoandBustaRIPzMarch72012.jpg A good friend of mine's sister gave her to me when she was 2-1/2 months old. Obviously, when she was a newborn puppy, someone tied tight rubber bands around her tail and was letting her tail rot off. I had to treat her tail area until the tail fell off, she also had bite marks all over her neck she was a Rottweiler/Pitbull/Doberman Pinscher, she was definitely bread to be a vicious killer dog that turned out the be a very gentle, kind and loving dog.

***Busta's story has already been told...

***Rambo, my new 7 month old puppy, I got him at 3-1/2 months old. He is on my new avatar at the top of this page. We got him from some die-hard religious folks, you know some of them type that look down on folx like myself that smoke, cuss, etc. and just ain't at church down on their knees worshipping God with them, you know us "so-called" sinners. Anyways Rambo was not physically abused at all, but he was nothing but skin and bones with a big third world type stomach. He is a very good dog but he is so greedy that we tries to lick on the stove when I am cooking food in the oven!!! I am training him and still working with him. Rambo brought happiness back in my world and I love him so, so much but it doesn't erase all of the horrible events that took place with these three dogs.

Busta's story really hurts worse than any of the animals that I have ever lost because his story is probably the worse and his life was so short. I am healing through time, working at the shelter and training Rambo !!! Venting here on my pc at OKP has also took off some pressure and I am hoping that at least one dog breeder or abuser will read my bitter-sweet dog stories here and stop the abuse. If you can't show a dog love, please just leave them alone!!!

I LUV U 2!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12966685 Previous topic | Next topic