Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12957631

Subject: "When did hotel suite stop meaning two separate rooms?" Previous topic | Next topic
John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"When did hotel suite stop meaning two separate rooms?"
Fri Jan-15-16 12:18 PM by John Forte

A suite used to be a room with a separate living room, now 80% of hotel suites have no separation between the living and sleeping areas. When did this bullshit start?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
stay at better hotels?
Jan 15th 2016
You're thinking about "suites", but hotels think a big room is "sweet"
Jan 15th 2016
lol
Jan 19th 2016
those are now 1-bedroom suites
Jan 15th 2016
Yup
Jan 19th 2016
Open floor plan!
Jan 15th 2016
^
Jan 15th 2016
You gotta step them STARS UP Playa!
Jan 19th 2016

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59169 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "stay at better hotels?"
In response to Reply # 0

nah, the closest thing i've encountered to that is in manhattan where the bedroom was separated from the living room with 2 walls but there was an opening in the middle with a curtain...no door.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 02:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "You're thinking about "suites", but hotels think a big room is "sweet""
In response to Reply # 0

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10136 posts
Tue Jan-19-16 10:39 AM

7. "lol"
In response to Reply # 2

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 03:23 PM

3. "those are now 1-bedroom suites "
In response to Reply # 0

if it says 1-bedroom it means there's a separation

no clue on why, when, how

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Tue Jan-19-16 07:32 AM

6. "Yup"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue Jan-19-16 07:43 AM by John Forte

Two or three years ago, my wife had a conference in Miami. The conference rate for the JW Marriott was $200 a night, which is a phenomenal deal. My wife asked me to come to and bring our daughter. She was going to bed at 8 pm, so so we decided that it would be better to get a suite so WE wouldn't have to go to bed at 8:00 too. A suite at the JW Marriott was going to cost close to a G, so we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn and suites for $260.

Before booking, I called and asked if the room I saw online was a true suite, and they assured me it was. We got there, and it was just a tiny studio apartment. I went out to the front desk and told them that I was promised, before booking, a true suite. The manager told me they did not have a single room in the hotel that was a true suite. So, we ended up spending more for a lesser room at a lesser hotel.

It happened to us once again, any more upscale hotel. Now, when we travel with the kids, we just do air bnb to make sure we have multiple rooms.

Eric B Is Prez
Member since Nov 08th 2005
4981 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 03:24 PM

4. "Open floor plan!"
In response to Reply # 0

_______________________________________________________________________________________

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Fri Jan-15-16 03:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "^"
In response to Reply # 4

fuck you.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-19-16 01:39 PM

8. "You gotta step them STARS UP Playa!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12957631 Previous topic | Next topic