Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12954589

Subject: "watch Kendrick Lamar concert on Austin City Limits " Previous topic | Next topic
rdhull
Charter member
33133 posts
Sun Jan-10-16 12:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"watch Kendrick Lamar concert on Austin City Limits "

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-kendrick-lamars-vibrant-austin-city-limits-set-20160110#ixzz3wrEl30me

Two nights after Kendrick Lamar dropped a powerful new track on The Tonight Show, the rapper was back on televisions Saturday for his first ever Austin City Limits performance. For the hour-long program, Lamar breathed new life into tracks off his acclaimed LPs To Pimp a Butterfly – Rolling Stone's Best Album of 2015 – and 2013's good kid, m.A.A.d. city.

The Austin City Limits concert was taped October 30th in the midst of Lamar's Kunta's Groove Session trek, so the rapper is supported at Austin's Moody Theater by that tour's backing band, the Wesley Theory, resulting in sprightly renditions of tracks like "m.A.A.d city," "U" and "These Walls." The ACL gig also included an empowering take on "i," a spirited version of "Money Trees" and wrapped up with a sing-along of To Pimp a Butterfly's centerpiece "Alright."

Viewers of PBS stations nationwide weren't the only ones to spot Lamar on TV Saturday night: The rapper also popped up in a commercial for the ABC sitcom Black-ish, with the cast dancing along to "Alright" while Lamar eats cereal out of a giant red bowl.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-kendrick-lamars-vibrant-austin-city-limits-set-20160110#ixzz3wrW5PjfU
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I watched it.
Jan 10th 2016
Such an amazing tour. Saw 3 different shows.
Jan 10th 2016
RE: watch Kendrick Lamar concert on Austin City Limits
Jan 11th 2016
wish it was the Kennedy Center show, but i'll take it
Jan 11th 2016

mochalox
Member since Mar 16th 2004
41853 posts
Sun Jan-10-16 12:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I watched it."
In response to Reply # 0

He's aight.

justin_scott
Charter member
19864 posts
Sun Jan-10-16 12:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Such an amazing tour. Saw 3 different shows."
In response to Reply # 0

Gotta check this out later

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Mon Jan-11-16 10:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: watch Kendrick Lamar concert on Austin City Limits "
In response to Reply # 0

Watched it on my DVR. Kendrick is just awesome!!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Mon Jan-11-16 11:42 AM

4. "wish it was the Kennedy Center show, but i'll take it"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12954589 Previous topic | Next topic