Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12953005

Subject: "Y'all's man Dre 3000 (RS swipe) he loves Cudi's new album" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13952 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 10:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Y'all's man Dre 3000 (RS swipe) he loves Cudi's new album"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/andre-3000-talks-new-music-erykah-badu-hello-duet-20160106

Andre 3000 Talks New Music, Erykah Badu 'Hello' Duet

"(TV/film roles) put you in a place where you're fiending to do music," rapper says

By Althea Legaspi January 6, 2016

Andre 3000 has been busy working on his new role for ABC's anthology series American Crime's second season, but that hasn't kept him from making music. In an interview with Billboard, the rapper discussed his first major TV recurring role, where he plays Michael Lacroix, the architect husband of Regina King, along with working on new tracks and his "Hello" collaboration with Erykah Badu, with whom he shares a son.

The Outkast member said that he's "always recording," even while performing on the small and big screen. "I still get time to think about music. is not so bad – it kind of puts you in the place where you're fiending to do music," he told Billboard. "I've been holding for a long time, so now I'm really interested in figuring out some type of music to do."

While he wouldn't reveal details on what he's working on or with whom, he expressed wanting to put out a music project, and added that he's been listening to Thelonious Monk and is a fan of Kid Cudi's Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven, which he said "is awesome to me. That's kind of like the most recent thing that I think is really great. But other than that I've kind of just been working in the studio and listening to what I'm doing."

Andre 3000 surprised fans last month when he appeared on Badu's But You Caint Use My Phone, a telephone-themed mixtape. The track, "Hello," is its final song. He said it was inspired by a 1970s cover. "Our son Seven and I were trying to figure out songs that could help her – songs that were related to the subject of the mixtape: phones. We came across 'Hello, it's Me.' Ron Isley repeats the phrase 'hello, hello' as if he was answering the phone.

"I told Erykah, 'You should make this into a new song and get somebody to rap on it.' She was like, "Well you should rap on it'," he explained. "It was a great reunion because I don't think people have heard a song from us in ages."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Erykah said the same thing.
Jan 07th 2016
is badu's album
Jan 07th 2016
      that song was easily the stand out track.
Jan 07th 2016
           yup, I'll pass or listen free somewhere
Jan 07th 2016
Guess the bad guitar playing reminds him of his solo on Ross album
Jan 07th 2016
3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense
Jan 07th 2016
      RE: 3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense
Jan 07th 2016
      RE: 3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense
Jan 07th 2016

Hitokiri
Charter member
22096 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Erykah said the same thing."
In response to Reply # 0

Which is kinda interesting since that album has been universally panned.
But what's REALLY interesting is this part:
"I've been holding for a long time, so now I'm really interested in figuring out some type of music to do."

I've been burned so many times being hopeful for a Dre/Kast album, but I won't let them get too high. But at least this shows he's thinking about putting something out, I guess.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "is badu's album"
In response to Reply # 1

garbage? I've heard 3 songs, which I liked. didn't really dig the 3k song.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 12:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "that song was easily the stand out track."
In response to Reply # 4

"Cell U Lar Device" and "I Can Make You Put Your Phone Down" are the other two jams, the rest are covers. It's a fun vibe but it's definitely not an album.

If you weren't blown away by "Hello", I don't see what the tape would have for you, though. You've probably heard the former and the latter is basically Badu's version of a Tinashe/Beyoncé strip club joint.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 03:06 PM

8. "yup, I'll pass or listen free somewhere"
In response to Reply # 5

I thought phone down and the drake cover were dope though.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Guess the bad guitar playing reminds him of his solo on Ross album"
In response to Reply # 0

That new Cudi album is a joke.

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 11:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense"
In response to Reply # 2

and that nigga really isn't the best singer either so I can see why he digs Cudis garbage ass.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7005 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 12:29 PM

6. "RE: 3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense"
In response to Reply # 3

No...

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Jan-07-16 12:32 PM

7. "RE: 3000's Love Below was half assed songs so it makes sense"
In response to Reply # 3

Love Below 20x better than this mess Cudi released

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Lobby General Discussion topic #12953005 Previous topic | Next topic