Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12950858

Subject: "Please keep Bernie Worrell in your prayers! " Previous topic | Next topic
vibemosphere
Member since Apr 26th 2007
86 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 06:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Please keep Bernie Worrell in your prayers! "

Battling lung cancer. I know that there are several Funkateers up in here-please check the various avenues being presented to contribute to his medical expenses, and to help fund the completion of his latest album. This, on top of Ron Ford's recent passing...just sad.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
oh damn..(prayers sent)
Jan 03rd 2016
Saw it today
Jan 03rd 2016
RE: Saw it today
Jan 03rd 2016
      I agree
Jan 04th 2016
Damn....
Jan 03rd 2016
Any links to these "various avenues" would be appreciated. Peace
Jan 03rd 2016
RE: Any links to these "various avenues" would be appreciated. Peace
Jan 03rd 2016
      Thanks, fam
Jan 04th 2016
Ron Ford died?
Jan 03rd 2016
Yep
Jan 04th 2016
yeah like right before new year's i think. RIP to the P-Funk prophet
Jan 04th 2016
STRENGTH AND POSITIVE ENERGY TO DA GAWD
Jan 04th 2016
the GOAT
Jan 04th 2016
prayers up for the GOAT..
Jan 04th 2016
Speaking of Lung Cancer
Jan 04th 2016
i heard the news a couple of days back
Jan 04th 2016
Serious question: Does he have health insurance?
Jan 04th 2016

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 06:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "oh damn..(prayers sent)"
In response to Reply # 0

revolution75
Member since May 07th 2003
3372 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 06:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Saw it today "
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-03-16 06:58 PM by revolution75

Every time I hear about one of them sick/passing..feels like losing a family member

It also makes me sad/mad about their situation
Bernie and his wife shouldn't have to worry about medical expenses, etc.
None of them should die practically penniless if things were handled right.
That westbound dude is a piece of shit!!

Eclectic Soul/Sunday, 2-4 PM est/89.3 WCSB.ORG

vibemosphere
86 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:19 PM

4. "RE: Saw it today "
In response to Reply # 2

>Every time I hear about one of them sick/passing..feels like
>losing a family member
>
>It also makes me sad/mad about their situation
>Bernie and his wife shouldn't have to worry about medical
>expenses, etc.
>None of them should die practically penniless if things were
>handled right.
>That westbound dude is a piece of shit!!

How true. Judie Worrell has been a very outspoken critic of GC and his financial dealings for as long as I can remember. Some of you may have even crossed paths with her on other message boards over the years. Slip up with the facts and she will have NO problem setting the record straight. LOL.

What really bothers me is the fact that many of the key members of the MOB never owned a house, or even a decent car since they climbed board the 'Ship. I know that GC had a lot of mouths to feed but damn if these folks don't deserve better at this point of their lives.

revolution75
3372 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 07:14 AM

9. "I agree "
In response to Reply # 4

Each and every story is heartbreaking.

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Damn...."
In response to Reply # 0

pulling for Bernie.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 07:22 PM

5. "Any links to these "various avenues" would be appreciated. Peace"
In response to Reply # 0

>Battling lung cancer. I know that there are several
>Funkateers up in here-please check the various avenues being
>presented to contribute to his medical expenses, and to help
>fund the completion of his latest album. This, on top of Ron
>Ford's recent passing...just sad.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

vibemosphere
86 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 08:16 PM

6. "RE: Any links to these "various avenues" would be appreciated. Peace"
In response to Reply # 5

>>Battling lung cancer. I know that there are several
>>Funkateers up in here-please check the various avenues being
>>presented to contribute to his medical expenses, and to help
>>fund the completion of his latest album. This, on top of
>Ron
>>Ford's recent passing...just sad.
>

Yeah, unfortunately I don't do Facebook, Twitter, etc. Here is what I was able to pull together:

Suggestions for treatment to: purplewoo222@gmail.com

Bernie (Judie) on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bernie-Worrell-217445804944683/

Support the Album: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bernie-worrell-retrospectives#/

From Bootsy:
William "Bootsy" Collins
Funkateers, I know u r beginning to hear about our Co-Captain Mr. Bernie Worrell. We along with his wife will be setting up his Official support Bernie page. I know u got questions & within a week we will have answers. Meanwhile send up yr Prayer's & Love Vibes while saving up some $ to help get him through this. He funked for u, now we gotta funk for him. Thxs in advance. Bootsy baby!!!

From Judie:
Bernie Worrell
January 1 at 8:09pm ยท
"I posted this before but had to take it down because our oldest granddaughter, Stephanie, had not been told yet and we didn't want her to find out via FB.
I have not wanted to share this information with anyone this soon. But, I am being told "people around the world LOVE Bernie, they would help if they knew". We shall see: Bernie is suffering from 4th Stage Lung Cancer. He wants his album released in his lifetime (if you have not already, please go to the indiegogo page (see Kevin's posts for the actual URL). Then, we will address trying to find a cure for him. We have rejected chemotherapy (at this point) but he is undergoing naturopathic treatment (for which we are trying to raise money) which does the same but without the toxic chemical stew. There is a man (Dr. James Forsythe in Reno NV) who has, reportedly, had success with late stage cancer patients. PLEASE do NOT start inundating me with methodologies. Dr. Forsythe reportedly uses a combination of naturopathic herbs and supplements AND low dose chemotherapy with cannabis oil. Please say whatever you have to say to whichever Diety/Great Spirit/Allah/God/Jehovah in whom you believe -- and should Bernie be appearing somewhere GO SEE HIM.....just don't talk about this to him. It is totally overwhelming for him and he does NOT want a lot of emotional histrionics. (this is, of course, Judie)
1-1-16: despite my request that you not inundate me with all kinds of "this will cure him". Some of you decided to do it anyway so as you're going to do it, send them to purplewoo222@gmail.com. I'm gonna find one person to investigate all of them because I just do not have time. It would be very helpful if when you do that if you have already found out if it will accept Medicare. If not, ask what it costs If you can't do those two things, then don't send it
Sent from my iPhone"

Hope this helps!

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 08:28 AM

10. "Thanks, fam"
In response to Reply # 6

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sun Jan-03-16 10:17 PM

7. "Ron Ford died?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-03-16 10:19 PM by denny

Hadn't heard. Someone around here identified him as the one who gave one of my fave vocal performances. So much soul at 3:45 of this song here. Maybe not the best technical singer.....but this part just always hit me so hard. Even when I was 12....that part just always struck a nerve in me. Dude was feeling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_AUaH3Qgg

In anycase....someone who knows more than me said it was Ron. I tried to identify him for years til someone hipped me. Sorry to hear that he passed. Best wishes to Bernie too. A truly great innovator and creative force.

revolution75
3372 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 07:12 AM

8. "Yep "
In response to Reply # 7

One of my favs along with Into You.
Ron was another member that died broke
His family has a go fund me page to help pay for funeral expenses including a headstone.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 09:15 AM

12. "yeah like right before new year's i think. RIP to the P-Funk prophet"
In response to Reply # 7

i saw it yesterday, sad, dude went from the barber shop to the top and wrote some great songs though.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 09:11 AM

11. "STRENGTH AND POSITIVE ENERGY TO DA GAWD"
In response to Reply # 0

We can't be losing this many recipes all at once.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 11:19 AM

13. "the GOAT"
In response to Reply # 0

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 11:24 AM

14. "prayers up for the GOAT.."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 12:09 PM

15. "Speaking of Lung Cancer"
In response to Reply # 0

Cuba has been making progress in its defeat - http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/05/12/3657867/cuba-lung-cancer-vaccine/

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 03:03 PM

16. "i heard the news a couple of days back"
In response to Reply # 0

sending prayers and that is sad about Ron Ford. also the whole Crew should have been better taken care of. no matter what these albums credits say, you gotta get paid and taken care and make sure everybody gets the right cut.

its sad to see a cat like GC and the bulk of the Mothership hustling a dollar while Dr.Dre is pushing a Billi off of using their music.

its not a diss to Dr Dre,you gotta keep that paper tight.

prayers to the Worrell family.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

handle
Charter member
18942 posts
Mon Jan-04-16 08:08 PM

17. "Serious question: Does he have health insurance?"
In response to Reply # 0

He could sign up for ACA (ObamaCare) and get covered.
https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/open-enrollment-period/

Max out of pocket for the plans hover around $12,000.

It doesn't cover his other expenses.

Come to think of it - he should be on Medicare by now....

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Lobby General Discussion topic #12950858 Previous topic | Next topic