Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12943408

Subject: "Sudden Body Pains and Aches. What's been your most severe? " Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Mon Dec-14-15 01:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sudden Body Pains and Aches. What's been your most severe? "
Mon Dec-14-15 01:21 PM by Case_One

Today, I caught a Charlie Horse in my thigh. Screamed like I was tased. ...LOL

One time, I had a sudden toothache. It felt like someone hit me in the face with a bat and yelled WORDLSTAR. I went blind (vision blurry) in the eye on the side of the pain and I was curled up in the fetal position for about 5 mins. Real talk. I was going to call 911. I thought I was gonna die.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I don't wish tooth pain on my worst enemy.
Dec 14th 2015

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Dec-14-15 02:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I don't wish tooth pain on my worst enemy."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-14-15 02:30 PM by Brew

Well, actually, my worst enemy I probably would wish that for. But no one else. That was *THE* worst pain I've ever experienced. By miles and miles and miles too. Similar to you, I was curled up, screaming into a pillow. My whole face was frozen with pain. I hated every second of that. Needed a simple root canal but the pain was totally debilitating.

The other "sudden onset" pain I can think of is when I was literally just hanging a pain of jeans in my closet. I reached to put the hanger and jeans back on the pole and felt a tweak in my lower back. It was *absurdly* painful. Couldn't move or bend without shocking, jolting pain. It was way more intense than I'd ever thought back pain could be. This was 3 years ago, and I thought "here it is - the beginning of a lifelong struggle with back pain" but since then (knock on wood) I've hardly had any issues. Thank god. For like 2 weeks I was doing stretches on my floor, walking gingerly like a fucking senior citizen.

Brutal stuff. I'm sure there's comparable pain in other body parts or situations but both the toothache and the back pain seem to me to be two of the most debilitating kinds of chronic pain you can have. The back controls your whole body, literally everything you do relates to your back somehow. And the tooth hurts your entire head and neck area to the point where you can't talk or function.

Brutal stuff.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12943408 Previous topic | Next topic