Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12929965

Subject: "how do you treat the compliments you get from bums? " Previous topic | Next topic
Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Tue Nov-17-15 06:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: how do you treat the compliments you get from bums? "
Tue Nov-17-15 06:40 AM by Kwesi

i had a bum once approach me and then go on and on about how the colors i had on were 'really working for me'.

she went on to explain that it's something that she 'wishes she could pull off' (wearing the cool colors together) but feared that it just wasn't for her.

i stood and listened and looked at her while she explained this and thought 'what the fuck? lady you aint got no sense of fashun! get ouuttta heeere!'

but then i thought, shit - 'i do look kinda fly right now - of course she'd notice!'

does it matter that she was a bum?

and bless the hearts of the fine women of this society. im sure you get bum attention, and it's certainly not cute or fun t deal with. im here for you.

Poll result (0 votes)
i thank them. im glad they notice my outfit. (0 votes)Vote
im kinda embarrassed like, 'how dare you look at me with those bum eyes' (0 votes)Vote
i ignore and escape - they obviously are off their rocker. (0 votes)Vote
people don't really compliment me. (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
But what if the context of her asking you that was..............
Nov 17th 2015
of course i thought about this. its also part of the reason they hardly
Nov 17th 2015

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Tue Nov-17-15 06:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "But what if the context of her asking you that was.............."
In response to Reply # 0

She assumed you were another bum like her...and bums are usually stuck with a hodge-podge of 2nd hand gear that never matches....but somehow, you'd ascended to the upper echelons of bum fashion....and pulled off the impossible task.

i'm just sayins....

Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Tue Nov-17-15 06:58 AM

2. "of course i thought about this. its also part of the reason they hardly"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue Nov-17-15 06:59 AM by Kwesi

ask me for money.

and when they do, im kinda surprised.

like on some - 'dude, we the same. what are you doing trying to shake me down?'.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12929965 Previous topic | Next topic