Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12909158

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 08:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"
Fri Oct-09-15 09:02 AM by teefiveten

dedicated to the regs

the last few weeks have just been incredibly busy - both day job and night job. one day i woke up at 5am, did demo on a house in queens (ripping up floorboards is mad cathartic btw), went home, bathed, and DJed that night. i would have thought that would have been the last straw but i really loved it, however, that is a bit too hard to be doing that regularly.

so hard i think it caught up to me when i popped a blood vessel in my eye on monday . it's painless yo that ish looks GNARLY! who will love me???? lol

so i guess it's serendipity that my tuesday night gig is a wrap. it was good while it lasted and let me travel, upgrade equipment, and pay down some debt so i am grateful

and i am grateful to get sleep on tuesday nights again

so now my focus is on a new mix, editing these podcast episodes i've been recording (OMG Can't wait), getting my new website up and my podcast up, and of course, getting more gigs.

tonight i am doing not a damn thing
this weekend i plan to get in a birthday celebration w/ some old friends, work a coop shift, and get one last BBQ in to send off another homie moving to Japan

have a great weekend folks. take care of yourselves!

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Positive Friday
Oct 09th 2015
i'm being sooooo lazy about running again
Oct 09th 2015
      I'm 32 and my back went out last week. What the shit is that?
Oct 09th 2015
           lol damn.
Oct 09th 2015
TGIF!
Oct 09th 2015

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 09:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Positive Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

Work is sending me to Dallas for the weekend. Meaning no three day weekend.
HOWEVER
I will be attending the Longhorns game and due to a screw up with stub hub I have seats around the 50 yard line.

Tiny can't make this trip so that's a bummer. But she'll be happy to find out we those Kendrick tickets.

Meanwhile I've been running again. Very slowly. But it's better for my overall health than just being on a bike. And I can already see the physical benefits.

Here's to today. Goodbye to yesterday. And see you soon tomorrow.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

teefiveten
33019 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 09:14 AM

2. "i'm being sooooo lazy about running again"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm trying to run at night since it's very clear the most i can do in the AM if i wake up early is do stuff around the crib, not get dressed and venture out into "the cold" (it's 60 degrees what cold?)

granted it's the same temp at night but i'm also already up and awake and have energy.

like.me

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 09:23 AM

3. "I'm 32 and my back went out last week. What the shit is that?"
In response to Reply # 2

And my labs came back with bad cholesterol.
I took a look at myself and said this gotta change. Ive been doing at least 100 miles a week on a bike, but that's just cardio and legs really. I didn't swim once this year because I didn't want to take my shirt off.
Add that on to the lady giving me puppy eyes when I was laid up on the couch talking about "I need you to be around for a long time". And I just said fuck it, I'll do more for a while and then do more than that when I set some goals.

But I'm not trying to be laid up on the couch. Young, sexless, and out of shape because I'm lazy. That's embarrassing.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

teefiveten
33019 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 09:29 AM

4. "lol damn. "
In response to Reply # 3

i eat pretty healthy so all my bloodwork is good but eye thing is getting to me. i could have just sneezed too hard too but i was going pretty hard for the past few weeks. my blood pressure has always been normal too

but running in general will help me burn a few extra lbs and give me some more stamina which i could always use. i also just always feel better after i do it. i prefer outdoor running so i need to get on it before my only option is the treadmill.

like.me

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Oct-09-15 09:32 AM

5. "TGIF!"
In response to Reply # 0

headed further into queens this weekend

hopefully will miss all the train craziness this weekend

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12909158 Previous topic | Next topic