Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12893783

Subject: "Who's side of the family are you closest to?" Previous topic | Next topic
-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 11:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Poll question: Who's side of the family are you closest to?"

Poll result (41 votes)
My Father's side (9 votes)Vote
My Mother's side (22 votes)Vote
It's nearly even (7 votes)Vote
Neither/other (Can explain below) (3 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
mother's...grew up with and around them.
Sep 09th 2015
It had always been pretty even, but now pop's side
Sep 09th 2015
Mom's side, b/c my Pop's fam is too spread out.
Sep 09th 2015
my in laws side
Sep 09th 2015
Ah, I could have put that as an option
Sep 09th 2015
      my vote would have been in-laws side, and of them FIL's side.
Sep 09th 2015
      her mom's side.
Sep 09th 2015
Neither: especially once the grandmothers passed
Sep 09th 2015
Evenly neither side
Sep 09th 2015
RE: great poll. always wondered about this
Sep 09th 2015
My father's...they're all in Baltimore (or MD area), where I grew up
Sep 09th 2015
Dads side... they like to talk shit and party
Sep 09th 2015
Father's side; my mom's side is only her and her dad
Sep 09th 2015
Father's. My mother's side is a bit erratic but has a lot of famous folk
Sep 09th 2015
dad's but most of my mom's family lives in another country
Sep 09th 2015

earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 11:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "mother's...grew up with and around them. "
In response to Reply # 0

trying slowly to get to know my father's side of the family as i get older.

but for the most part a lot of them suffer from substance abuse and there's really nothing for us to speak about.

now go runtelldat, ho.

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:13 PM

2. "It had always been pretty even, but now pop's side"
In response to Reply # 0

Since my maternal grandparents died we kind of don't have that central meeting place of their house for holidays and whatnot. I mean, we still have the physical house in the family, but it may as well be any other North Philly row home without them in it.

All the holiday stuff is at my dad's family now. My cousin hosts Xmas and Thanksgiving, grandmother and aunt have Easter and 4th of July (which is my grandmother's birthday). Before I would alternate or try to do both sides of the family in one day.

Starbaby Jones
Member since Mar 08th 2003
5034 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:15 PM

3. "Mom's side, b/c my Pop's fam is too spread out. "
In response to Reply # 0

They're in different states and countries. My mom's fam is fairly concentrated between TX and LA. So, it was a lot easier getting close to them.

http://soundcloud.com/forestbrooks

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "my in laws side"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:45 PM

10. "Ah, I could have put that as an option"
In response to Reply # 4

And with that...is it their mom or dad's side? Or just both in combination?

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "my vote would have been in-laws side, and of them FIL's side."
In response to Reply # 10

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 01:09 PM

13. "her mom's side. "
In response to Reply # 10

her sister's husband is one of my closest friends and i spend more time with her mom than my own mom at this point(my mom lives outta town)

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

soken
Member since Aug 31st 2009
763 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:27 PM

5. "Neither: especially once the grandmothers passed"
In response to Reply # 0

I do not know my family down south, or in europe or japan. When your last name is a common name (smith, brown, johnson), its hard to know who you related to.

we keep it moving,

BabyYoda
Member since Feb 15th 2012
3176 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:29 PM

6. "Evenly neither side"
In response to Reply # 0

My family is nuclear based. They all about their respective nuclear family. Extended family isn't tight on the collective tip, but I suppose some family function with certain family members on an individual basis.

I think there is more internal beefs between family members on my Fathers's side than Mother's side, but both have their issues. I think my Mother's side is more cliqueish than Father's side.

In all, my family on both sides are dysfunctional. Pretty sad, but it is what it is. #shrugs

2.tears.in.a.bucket
Member since Sep 04th 2009
6185 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:30 PM

7. "RE: great poll. always wondered about this"
In response to Reply # 0

♚♚♚♚

#BYLUG >>> https://goo.gl/1ooFp6

♚♚♚♚

screamin' mothafuck a 12 /
bitches ain't shit /
cops ain't neither /
they huntin' my people /

- i. rashad

♚♚♚♚

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:39 PM

8. "My father's...they're all in Baltimore (or MD area), where I grew up"
In response to Reply # 0

Working class black folk. My grandparents lived for a long time (grandma still around). Soul food Sundays and all that. Growing up, we all lived fairly close (within walking distance or a short drive). Pretty big family, 3 aunts, 3 uncles, rack of cousins.

My mom's family...jeez. They're all in Detroit and have so many problems, it's not even funny. A lot of jealousy, backbiting and scheming. When my mom passed away, my Dad was pretty much like "I ain't fuckin with them no mo'." and left me to be sucked into their shit.

Streets won't let me chill.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79600 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:43 PM

9. "Dads side... they like to talk shit and party"
In response to Reply # 0

mom side is stiff and judgey...

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 12:55 PM

12. "Father's side; my mom's side is only her and her dad"
In response to Reply # 0

(my grandfather)

Her mom died before I was born and my mom was an only child.

Her dad/my grandfather only had 1 sibling and she's passed as well.

My grandfather's sister had one son and he has a family, but I've only met them once and I'm not sure what the breakdown is from there.

Since my aunt and grandparents on my dad's side passed a few years ago we haven't been as in touch because we don't have that central holiday spot anymore (they were in Conyers...just outside Atlanta) and we're all scattered across the country, but I do still see/hear from my uncles and cousins on occasion.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 08:01 PM

14. "Father's. My mother's side is a bit erratic but has a lot of famous folk"
In response to Reply # 0

For example Kandi Burruss is my cousin, but my mother's side is so all over the place no one ever gets together. But my father's side is very close knit. Go figure.

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Sep-09-15 08:39 PM

15. "dad's but most of my mom's family lives in another country"
In response to Reply # 0

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Lobby General Discussion topic #12893783 Previous topic | Next topic