Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12880193

Subject: "3 days at a new school and man is it different" Previous topic | Next topic
RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"3 days at a new school and man is it different"

Our house is on the border of a very good school district and a shitty one. We had to go to the shitty one last year. It made no sense. The school was 8 miles away. While the school we couldnt attend was 1.5 miles away. This year we were rezoned.

His school last year was old and the school district was broke as fuck. 95% of the school was on free or reduced lunches. Very strict dress code and rules in general. No colors, no sports teams, no tank tops, no spaghetti straps, no bellies showing, no fake tattoos showing. On the playground no tag, no chasing, no competitions<--wtf? We were handed out a giant packet that had all the rules and regulations on the first day. I dont think half of the rules were even necessary for kids grade k-5. 75% of the students were hispanic. Not many dads in the picture. His teacher actually told me it was nice to see a dad so involved for a change. Lots of grandparents picking up and dropping off kids.

I went to middle of the road schools in a working class city. So his new school is kind of a culture shock for me still. I would say we live in an upper middle class area now and the differences are blowing my mind. I am still not completely comfortable living where we do. Damn near everyday I see something out in public or on my street and just think white people SMH. First the bike rack. Nobody locks up their bikes. The bike racks are in front of the school behind a wall and locked fence. The wall is 4 feet high. I can literally reach over and grab a bike if I wanted to. But the kids park their bikes and put them in a slot. Hang their helmets on their handlebars and walk away. A good 20 bikes sitting there unlocked. Nice ass bikes too. Someone with a truck could drive up and leave with 5 or 6 bikes in 2 minutes. No dress code at all. Hell we never even got a copy of the rules nor were they talked about. Hats are okay, open toe shoes fine, spaghetti straps fine. Back to school night was yesterday and the teacher suggested no open toe shoes because 1st graders are clumsy and fall a lot on the playground while wearing them. 4 or 5 parents were like BUT ITS SO HOT! ON HOT DAYS THEY SHOULDNT HAVE TO WEAR SOCKS AND SHOES! Teacher backed down and said its a suggestion not a rule. Which brings me to the demographics the school is 75% white. Growing up I was always the majority. Most of my friends are Mexican, shit even my white friends related to Mexicans more than whites. When we get to school all you see is blonde hair...and yoga pants. Seriously so many ridiculously hot moms. Like really really hot. Shit my wife was even pointing them out to me on the first day of school. Even the older ones. It looks like most stay at home. They drop off in yoga pants and pick up in yoga pants. I appreciate it so much. E has already made 2 friends. Both have hot moms. We need to get these play dates popping.

tl;dr
lots of fine ass moms. white people dont need rules.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's crazy because Americans rather have a 90% literacy school next to a
Aug 14th 2015
I agree
Aug 14th 2015
white women wear yoga pants everywhere...
Aug 14th 2015
my neighbor stays in yoga pants
Aug 14th 2015
it's glorious
Aug 14th 2015
hot stay at home moms and you a stay at home dad.
Aug 14th 2015

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's crazy because Americans rather have a 90% literacy school next to a"
In response to Reply # 0

10% literacy school than mix the two schools up and have two 50% schools.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

RobOne4
56697 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 1

but in this case mixing wouldnt make sense geographically. The old school covers a 10 mile rural area. I like to say we live at the end of civilization. Once you pass our tract of houses it is nothing but farms and old farm houses for 15 miles. For some reason our street got zoned for the rural ass school. It was like that for 10 years. We bought our house knowing it was going to change this year.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79629 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "white women wear yoga pants everywhere... "
In response to Reply # 0

Shit is amazing. How do you were them every fucking day?

anyway, I was at the brewery the other night and they have run club. tons of yoga pants and spandex. I seen this Persian girl in some yoga pants and she was so fine I prolly scared her off.

I just couldnt look away.

I looked her in the eyes like "yup, and I'm thinking it too"

I prolly nodded my head and mouthed the words yes.

I felt bad but not that bad... i'm good at giving a glance and not staring but if my wife was with me I woulda elbowed her and told her to look at that woman.

damn, she was bad.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

RobOne4
56697 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:52 PM

4. "my neighbor stays in yoga pants"
In response to Reply # 2

all day everyday. During the summer she is in a bikini in the backyard tanning once a week. She is fine as hell. I hate going in my backyard because she wants to talk every time she sees me. But I can only not stare at her tits for so long.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 01:39 PM

6. "it's glorious"
In response to Reply # 2

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 01:11 PM

5. "hot stay at home moms and you a stay at home dad. "
In response to Reply # 0

sounds perfect. haha

i know, you got a part time gig. there's only a couple hot moms at my son's preschool, but it's a small school. kinda lookin' forward to him going to kindergarten in 2016 to see how the moms are lookin'.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12880193 Previous topic | Next topic