Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12874442

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Fri Aug-07-15 04:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"

dedicated to the regs

holy moly. today was really crazy. meetings on meetings trying to find another makossa space

then i get hit up to DJ at OUTPUT tonight. SO CRAZY!!!

so back at home trying to get music ready. so glad i took today off.

gonna see my parents tomorrow and chill. and a photo shoot on sunday

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this week flew by
Aug 07th 2015
so while my harp teacher is on vacation
Aug 07th 2015

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Aug-07-15 05:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this week flew by"
In response to Reply # 0

i can't believe it's friday

+ studio visit on monday, woo hoo. this could be a huge opportunity for me. i'm crossing fingers and toes that this works out.

+i lost 2lbs. i'm at 143.

+ 2 weeks til chicago! i can't wait. i'm pretty excited to be around all those artsy farts intellectuals.

i'm sure i'm forgetting something but i'm tired that i can't think straight. have a good weekend.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Fri Aug-07-15 06:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "so while my harp teacher is on vacation"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been taking singing lessons. Just so I won't embarrass myself, you know, not because I think I'm a singer.

They turned out to be SUPER fun, I'm just loving them and it's making me think that I made a big mistake not doing this and the harp lessons for so long.

Anyway, I think this is hilarious -- my teacher is a guy, and I've always known I had a low voice, a fact that was ignored by high school chorus teachers and frankly also in the monastery because everyone needs sopranos. My teacher affirmed that I'm actually a contralto (low alto) -- so every time my teacher sings to show me how I should be phrasing something, he invariably starts at my note, says, "wow it's really hard for me to sing that low" and transposes it up three notes. A MAN CAN'T SING AS LOW AS I CAN.

I feel like writing notes to all my former teachers saying YOU FUCKED ME UP lmao

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

Lobby General Discussion topic #12874442 Previous topic | Next topic