Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12868628

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 12:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"

dedicated to all the regs

i just booked myself and 2 rocking ass lady DJs to spin the biggest weekly party in NYC right now

so i'm feeling pretty darn good

this month was sooo busy but lots of good things came about

i did get to rest yesterday but tonight i'm back at it. friend's gallery opening. then DJing a rooftop party.
then tomorrow one of my favorite gigs, hip hop karaoke. ALWAYS a fun time and there's chicken!

about to wrap up my work day because SUMMER FRIDAYYYYYYY

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I got a raise after 7 months at my job
Jul 31st 2015
i'm soooooooooooo excitedddddddddd
Jul 31st 2015
so exhausted!
Jul 31st 2015
i missed the article!
Jul 31st 2015
      here
Jul 31st 2015
           Thanks
Jul 31st 2015
                LOL
Aug 01st 2015
=)
Jul 31st 2015

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I got a raise after 7 months at my job"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jul-31-15 12:43 PM by atruhead

my side hustle paid off so big this month Im buying a plane ticket out of the country for next year

an opportunity that's kind of big may be happening soon. so big that I would pursue it for no compensation, so big that my parents and their friends would be more impressed and proud than they already are

a friend has asked for my help with their career. they offered pay and again I declined because 1) money business with friends gets messy 2) I know said friend is going places, having them in my network will mean more than short term pay

in exactly a month I'll have survived marriage year 1. we fight like an old couple from time to time but no one is miserable so I guess that's good

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 01:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i'm soooooooooooo excitedddddddddd"
In response to Reply # 0

everything is coming together for my birthday party yitidee!

i checked the extended forecast and it calls for 74°F and BRILLIANT SUNSHINE that day. not regular sunshine...BRILLIANT!!!

now i just need to lose 10lbs in 4 weeks

my boss just left so i'm out too

happy positive friday, y'all

______
gnap.

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 01:10 PM

3. "so exhausted!"
In response to Reply # 0

but it was well worth it

+ the boy was out of daycare most of the week so it's just been him and me. i was dreading this week bc i thought he was going to be a handful. he was only kind of a handful, mostly because he was having so much fun that he didnt want to leave. monday we went to the waterfront park on the harbor, tuesday we went to the children's museum and yesterday we went to a water park. omg he loved the water park. he threw a fit bc he didn't want to leave. threw himself on the ground and everything, lol. we jumped waves together, ate dippin' dots together and climbed all over the kiddie toys. i'm glad he had so much fun.

+ i made a lot of noise and people paid attention. hyperallergic wrote an article based on my complaints about the SD art scene and the bullying of a director here. they didn't mention my name but i was proud that they even took the time to investigate. yay me!

+ my MIL is taking K to disney land FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND! THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME AN AWESOME MIL. she asked if she could take...and before she could even finish her sentence i told her yes, lol. mama needs a break.

rest rest and more rest this weekend.

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 03:29 PM

5. "i missed the article!"
In response to Reply # 3

>+ i made a lot of noise and people paid attention.
>hyperallergic wrote an article based on my complaints about
>the SD art scene and the bullying of a director here. they
>didn't mention my name but i was proud that they even took the
>time to investigate. yay me!

let me go find it
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 04:56 PM

6. "here"
In response to Reply # 5

i'm trying to take over this mfer

http://hyperallergic.com/225762/rebirth-of-stagnant-san-diego-art-institute-riles-some-of-its-members/

lfresh
92696 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 08:24 PM

7. "Thanks"
In response to Reply # 6

This time I went to the comments section as well lol
Interesting

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Sat Aug-01-15 01:35 AM

8. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 7

i'm just now seeing that. he is exactly why i wanted them to pay attention to this situation.

now you know the bullshit i deal with here. thank god i've managed to establish myself outside of this city.

lfresh
92696 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 03:29 PM

4. "=) "
In response to Reply # 0

last week this time i was with family in philly
it was great

i'm glad the weather is giving us a bit of a break

a cousin needs a translator for mexico and i think i'm going to mexico later this year
wow

yay it friday
ready to chill
~~~~
~~~~

Lobby General Discussion topic #12868628 Previous topic | Next topic