Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12868093

Subject: "Can you appreciate ether-level writing even tho u disagree?" Previous topic | Next topic
weaponry
Member since Jan 26th 2006
483 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 08:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can you appreciate ether-level writing even tho u disagree?"

Read this and appreciate the level of fury, even if you don't agree. Some wild quotables in there. sheesh.

----------------------------------------

https://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/the-grove-of-ashtaroth.html

A common definition of hypocrisy is to understand it as saying one thing and failing to live up to that standard. While such personal inconsistency is not a good thing, the kind of hypocrisy that Scripture so fiercely denounces occupies another level. High hypocrisy, defined biblically, occurs when you accuse, condemn or assault others for things that you yourself do. The great problem comes when the same sin or worse is being committed by someone who sets himself up as a judge or moral arbiter.Grove Ashtaroth

A man who fails to reach a standard he has set for himself to achieve may actually be far advanced in his sanctification. A man who readily condemns another man for failing to do just what he fails to do is a hypocrite. The tell is the accusation. The tell is the diabolical part, the pointing finger. When two men fall, they may each help each other up. But when one man assaults the other for falling, you know something else is up, something else is going on.

And by this standard, America is a hypocrite nation par excellence. No one does sanctimonious self-righteousness like we do, and no one is more fiercely intolerant of the moral failings of others, or of previous generations than we are. But the first lesson for such moralistic people is the fundamental lesson provided by a polished mirror.

“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again” (Matt. 7:1–2Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).

The understanding you show is the understanding you will receive. The excuses you dismiss will be the same as the ignored excuses you offer. The judgments you render will be the judgments that are rendered unto you. The condemnations that pass so easily over your lips will be the same condemnations that are thrown back into your teeth.

No nation is more concerned about righteous behavior upstream and downstream from our consumer choices than we are. Did this chicken on my plate have a happy life or a sad life? Did these coffee beans in my cup come from a fair trade network or not? Are these towels in my hotel room going to wreck things for the koala bear if I have them washed every day? Were any animals harmed in the making of this film? What will double cupping at Starbucks do to the rainforest? We are so finical about the impact of our individual choices on the vast web of our chimerical righteousness — but Planned Parenthood could be using these baby parts for lampshades, and we would still have an uphill fight to get them defunded. Why? Because we are nation run by depraved perverts, that’s why.

Our overparticular behavior on such matters is like the captain of a slave ship running the Middle Passage while keeping an appropriate array of recycling bins on deck so that he can do his part for the polar bear.

So don’t think this sin of ours can be “walked back” slightly. Don’t think we can dab around the edges of the wound, saying peace, peace, when peace is nowhere in sight. Culture is upstream from politics, and religion is upstream from culture. And these pools downstream — that we are being forced to look at now — are as fetid as they are because the stream is that way also, and the stream is that way because our water first comes out of the ground at the very center of the grove of the Ashtaroth. So there is no way out of this hard-heartedness unless and until God breaks our hearts, and gives us the gift of repentance — a gift we in no way deserve.

But in the meantime, spare me the platitudes that wonder why German Christians didn’t say or do more in their opposition to Hitler if you live in a city that ships thousands of baby parts in coolers off to the manufacturers of who knows what.

And please, lighten up with the lectures about America’s original sin of slavery and racism when you live in a city with a Planned Parenthood chapter that has dismembered thousands of little, black children. They are quite willing to chop them up into salable portions, but would never, ever dream of calling any of them pickaninies. They are too fastidious for that, for though pickaninny was originally Portuguese and was a term of affection, it is often offensive to modern ears. And that is the ultimate bar of justice, is it not? Modern ears are so wise, so sagacious. And they are very scrupulous about such things. They wish to give no verbal offense to that people group they are actively engaged in eradicating. More black children are chopped into pieces in New York City than are born in New York City. Such an enlightened, progressive city! So far ahead of fly-over country. Fools and blind!

So if you felt a little tell-tale exquisite thrill of self-righteous pleasure when the Confederate flag came down in South Carolina, then congratulations. You are the problem. Let us be fierce in our denunciation of the compromises made by Christians of another era, three centuries back, while full of nuanced understanding about the political challenges that confront us. Some of their compromises were wise, and some were evil. The same goes for us. But if you are the kind of person who thinks that all of theirs were evil, and all of ours are wise, then you are just the kind of person that this controversy strips naked. God sometimes gives us controversies like this as power washers to take all the whitewash off the tombs. How does it feel when those very hard condemnations hit your teeth? Do you still have a warm spot in your heart for the American flag, despite our thoroughly documented savagery and barbarism? Watch the fourth video, just released today, and listen for that appalling comment at the end — “And another boy!”

In short, if you don’t know how to weigh with equal weights and measures, then you shouldn’t be weighing anything at all.

Think about this. Even after the revelations contained in these videos, Planned Parenthood is still operating. A bill to defund PP may not get the 60 votes necessary in the Senate, and it may not get to that level because half the country remains invested in continuing with their ghoulish best practices. Because of that, the politics are challenging. So this returns us to an earlier point — have you ever condemned a previous generation of Christians for failing to “do more,” when their reason for not doing more was that their politics were challenging?

As noted above, the Center for Medical Progress just released the fourth video today, breaking their pattern of one a week. That video is below, and they may have picked up their pace in response to this legal action taken against them.

And while you are meditating on these things, please note that @AbbyJohnson, former PlannedParenthood director, says that the Houston chapter made 120K per month with this traffic.

120K per month. For one city. Planned Parenthood says that they make no money off this traffic — so all of that must be for shipping and handling. Even if it were not a damned lie, that hardly makes it any better. And as Nancy just mentioned to me, do you think that an organization that markets baby body parts would scruple over telling lies about it?

What to do? The first Republican debate is next week, and the moderators are Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace. I have suggested before that we nominate a question for that debate via Twitter.

“I would like to encourage everyone to use the following Twitter handles to nominate a question that we would love to see asked at that debate — so ask @BretBaier, @megynkelly and @FoxNewsSunday. Here is the question:

“If elected prez, would you consider the Medal of Freedom for David Daleiden, the man behind the Planned Parenthood videos?”

Someone thought the question was kind of out there, and I actually agree. That is why it should be asked. Every last Republican up there is going to say that PP should be defunded. Some of them will be sincere in that, but it will be easy for all of them to say. This is a question that will be hard to say yes to, and impossible to say no to, and that is why it should be asked.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Tl;dr chickens come home to roost
Jul 30th 2015
RE: Tl;dr chickens come home to roost
Jul 30th 2015
      Cool-- is his name Noah? Because his audience ain't listening
Jul 30th 2015
           i hear dat
Jul 30th 2015

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 08:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Tl;dr chickens come home to roost"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-30-15 08:19 PM by Atillah Moor

But what's this "We" shit? I'm playing my white card* and saying there is no "we" black people didn't start this mess and I never stole anyone's land or polluted anyone's water or told someone they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

This I can accept and I mostly agree.

*white card only accepted in select areas at the vendors discression.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

weaponry
483 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 08:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Tl;dr chickens come home to roost"
In response to Reply # 1

fyi: dude is a white pastor/professor and his audience is mostly white conservatives...

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 08:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Cool-- is his name Noah? Because his audience ain't listening"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu Jul-30-15 08:26 PM by Atillah Moor

Wanted to add that his style sounds a lot like a particular pastor from colonial times-- Calhoun I think was his last name.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

weaponry
483 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 08:25 PM

4. "i hear dat"
In response to Reply # 3

Lobby General Discussion topic #12868093 Previous topic | Next topic