Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12866600

Subject: "Boston & Baltimore OKPs..$99 to Paris/Amsterdam this fall" Previous topic | Next topic
guru0509
Charter member
45381 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Boston & Baltimore OKPs..$99 to Paris/Amsterdam this fall"
Wed Jul-29-15 01:20 PM by guru0509

Act Fast: Wow Air is Offering $99 Flights to Europe

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/07/15/wow_air_99_flights_to_europe_go_to_paris_and_amsterdam_for_super_cheap.html?wpisrc=obnetwork

Wow Air, the ultra-low-cost Icelandic air carrier that last year brought you $99 flights from Boston to Reykjavik, is at it again. Now, Wow is offering service from Baltimore-Washington International Airport and Boston’s Logan Airport to Paris and Amsterdam this October for as little as $99 in one direction. The flights will head through Reykjavik, then connect to their destinations. Wow?

screen_shot_20150715_at_10.53.47_am
screen_shot_20150715_at_10.54.40_am
Screenshots from Wow Air

Well, mostly wow. As with most awesome-sounding deals, lots of restrictions apply. Carry-ons can’t be bigger than 22 by 17.7 by 9.8 inches (though that’s actually larger than what’s allowed by many airlines). The first one is free, but the fees add up after that. The first checked bag is $48 online, $67 at the airport. An extra-heavy carry-on will run you $29 (online) or $48 (at the airport). There are also extra costs for any sort of sporting equipment or musical instruments, for flight changes, for name changes, for pre-booked seats, and for pre-booked seats with extra legroom. The $99 deal is really only a deal as long as you don’t add on any of the toppings.

While the offer just rolled out, the flights are already filling up. According to Wow’s website, there are currently four $99 trips departing BWI to Paris in October, and the same in November, all on Sundays. Interestingly, there also don’t seem to be many if any return flights for $99—for the months of October and November, the best prices on those are between $224 and $262 before tax. So Wow might get you over to Europe for cheap. But no promises on the way back.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sometimes affordable isn't always the best option
Jul 29th 2015
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SOA2L58aWS8/maxresdefault.jpg
Jul 29th 2015
right?
Jul 29th 2015
Wow air is cool
Jul 29th 2015
I ain't going nowhere I can't get back from, fuckdat.
Jul 29th 2015
lol
Jul 29th 2015

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sometimes affordable isn't always the best option"
In response to Reply # 0

I mean I'm sure it's a good deal and all. I just feel that same way I do when I hear "discounted laser eye surgery"

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SOA2L58aWS8/maxresdefault.jpg"
In response to Reply # 1

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SOA2L58aWS8/maxresdefault.jpg

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32102 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:12 PM

5. "right? "
In response to Reply # 1

some things just aint worth cutting corners on if you can avoid it

Mahogany
Charter member
56697 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 03:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Wow air is cool"
In response to Reply # 1

The seats were pretty comfortable for the price they charge and the workers were nice. Just watch your baggage weight and you should be good

BUY SOMETHING PLEASE ---> www.estherwoovintage.com

"people... please refrain from gnr'ing me. im an avid lol'er and am completely fine wit the service."

"I’m just a dreamer,
turned true to life leaner...
Born to do good so others can be believers"

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I ain't going nowhere I can't get back from, fuckdat."
In response to Reply # 0

here for dis.

guru0509
Charter member
45381 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 02:57 PM

3. "lol "
In response to Reply # 2

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Lobby General Discussion topic #12866600 Previous topic | Next topic