Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12859568

Subject: "How old were you when you beat Super Mario Bros? & Racist KKK Mario" Previous topic | Next topic
Utamaroho
Charter member
17658 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 03:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How old were you when you beat Super Mario Bros? & Racist KKK Mario"

i'm watching my 7 year old play for the first time and i'd put it on my LIFE that she will never get past Wolrd 1-3.

It is straight COMEDY watching her hands swing the joystick in the air to move, and when she genuinely gets sad after getting hit by a goomba.

But this game is a LTO harder to play than new shit. The controls on Nintendo back then were UNFORGIVING and you had to have precision and skill to run through some of these levels.

....also when choosing the ROM to play, i came across one that was a KKK ROM Hack for Super Mario Bros. 2. Who DOES this shit??!!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpPPVwimRHI

Red, Black, Green

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Jul 21st 2015
think i was 10 or so too. i guess i have to give her time.
Jul 21st 2015
I was like 7 no older than 8
Jul 21st 2015
i didn't play MegaMan till i was an adult, i gave up after 10 minutes.
Jul 21st 2015
      megaman got released on xbox live years back
Jul 21st 2015
I got a great SMB memory, man....
Jul 21st 2015
Never beat #1, it was too hard. I got 2, 3, & SMW though
Jul 22nd 2015
Damn...I kinda want to do a play through of all the Mario games
Jul 22nd 2015
I was 12. I remember beating the game, saving the princess and
Jul 22nd 2015

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 03:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "11."
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Utamaroho
Charter member
17658 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "think i was 10 or so too. i guess i have to give her time."
In response to Reply # 1

if the 4 year old doesn't break this controller. slams it down everytime she falls in a hole.

Red, Black, Green

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 04:18 PM

3. "I was like 7 no older than 8"
In response to Reply # 0

but like you said that game is way harder than games today. We grew up playing those type of games and were used to them. Ghosts and Goblins, Contra(with out the code), and Mega Man were hard as fuck. But comparing them to games now they seem impossible. Especially when you throw in the fact that there is are no save points or endless lives.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Utamaroho
Charter member
17658 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 04:20 PM

4. "i didn't play MegaMan till i was an adult, i gave up after 10 minutes."
In response to Reply # 3

i swear that shit is unbeateable. like Ninja Gaiden.

i figure if she plays SMB, she'll have the skill to play some harder games with me that are more fun.

Red, Black, Green

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 04:41 PM

6. "megaman got released on xbox live years back"
In response to Reply # 4

or it might have been a new game that looked like the old 8bit game. Either way I didnt have the patience for that shit anymore. So fucking hard. But in hindsight comparable to the NES versions.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 04:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I got a great SMB memory, man...."
In response to Reply # 0

I moved to a new house when I was 10 years old, and there was this dude in the new neighborhood who was like 8 or so years older than us who was like the cat everyone on the block looked up to. And he'd shoot hoops with us, but never really fucked with the kids in the neighborhood. So one day we're shootin' Horse and somehow Nintendo comes up and he's talking about how he beat SMB and I'm like, "Yeah, and?" because I was masterful at the game. And he was like, "You think you could beat the game before me?" and I was like, "easy." So, he invites me into his house to have this showdown. It was like straight out of an 80s film. He wouldn't let any of the other neighbor kids in his house, so they're all in the front window and door relaying updates to the kids that can't see like they're calling the World Series. But it was no contest. I had this dude beat, showing him patterns he never noticed and just running game. So he gave mad respect, and we became good friends. He kinda took me under his arm like a little brother. I swear it was like the cliche'd early 90s movie story, but in real life.

Still friends with that dude. He's all into Spartan Runs and shit. It's mad annoying. lol

To answer your question, probably around 8.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

csuave03
Member since May 20th 2007
3067 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 12:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Never beat #1, it was too hard. I got 2, 3, & SMW though"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-22-15 12:32 AM by csuave03

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 07:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Damn...I kinda want to do a play through of all the Mario games"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm pretty sure an OKP did that a few years back.

Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 07:40 AM

9. "I was 12. I remember beating the game, saving the princess and"
In response to Reply # 0

pausing the last screen and calling all my friends to my apartment. This was around 87-88.

Life would've been so much easier had there been camera phones, internet and instagram to chronicle my video game accomplishment.

f*ck these kids now.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Lobby General Discussion topic #12859568 Previous topic | Next topic