Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12847029

Subject: "Detroit EMT refuses to help baby, gets fired" Previous topic | Next topic
DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Tue Jul-07-15 08:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Detroit EMT refuses to help baby, gets fired"

http://wfla.com/2015/06/26/detroit-emt-refuses-to-help-baby-gets-fired/
DETROIT (WFLA) – An EMT refused to help a baby in distress when she was just minutes away from the home, WDIV reported. The EMT was fired this week.

According to WDIV, Ann Marie Thomas was fired from her position with the Detroit Fire Department.

“After reviewing all of the facts of this incident, I have determined that the appropriate course of action is to terminate Ms. Thomas’ employment with the Detroit Fire Department effective immediately,” Commissioner Edsel Jenkins told WDIV in his statement.

A few days ago Thomas refused to report to the scene where a baby stopped breathing and the mother was calling for help. Thomas was reportedly just around the corner from the baby’s home and was asked by her supervisor to make patient contact.

Her supervisor told her on the radio, that the child was not breathing and was hooked up to an oxygen machine because it was premature. The supervisor said that CPR was being performed on the child and that Thomas needed to go there.

According to WDIV citing the incident report, her response was “I’m not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get.” The baby was eventually taken to the hospital. The girl was revived but she died the next day.

Thomas was removed from duty right after the incident and her firing was announced Wednesday. No criminal charges have been filed yet.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
wow
Jul 07th 2015
i rebuke this story in the name of Florence Nightingale.
Jul 07th 2015

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4545 posts
Tue Jul-07-15 08:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "wow"
In response to Reply # 0

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jul-07-15 08:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i rebuke this story in the name of Florence Nightingale."
In response to Reply # 0

fuck you.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12847029 Previous topic | Next topic