Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12844834

Subject: "Positive Friday" Previous topic | Next topic
teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 12:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Positive Friday"
Thu Jul-02-15 12:44 PM by teefiveten

dedicated to the regs

This was a good week. Still feeling very fortunate.

The Internet show on Monday was dope. GET THAT ALBUM! So good. I was really impressed. Those kids have soul. The next generation is gonna be fine, y'all. lol.

It's going to be tough juggling back to back weekly weekday gigs that end at 3am and 1am respectively but I'm gonna do the damn thing.

I had 2 near brushes with magazine publications but it's not looking likely. Still nice though.

Makossa was a HUGE success. I can't believe it still. Now we just need a venue for July lol

I'm so happy to be back at Ace Hotel. Especially since I was pretty much voted in. I did a month in January and they secretly grade the DJs and I scored high so they invited me back! It feels good. It feels even better because all the wait staff last night are new and they were digging me too. hopefully I can snag another good score for a return.

I also met an interesting character during my set. I'll leave it at that. LOL.

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i saw d'angelo on sunday
Jul 02nd 2015
Nice work with Ace Hotel
Jul 02nd 2015
i really thought it was friday when i posted this
Jul 03rd 2015
ha!
Jul 03rd 2015
:D
Jul 03rd 2015
i'm putting this down as a positive
Jul 03rd 2015
Day awf!
Jul 03rd 2015
The weather is amazing & im loving it
Jul 03rd 2015
fairly productive week
Jul 03rd 2015
pretty decent week
Jul 03rd 2015

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 12:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i saw d'angelo on sunday"
In response to Reply # 0

and i've been in a good mood ever since
he had all races, creeds, and colors catching the holy ghost
he did spanish joint and i lost my mind and stepped on some feet and sweated out my rod set dancing to it. like i knew he was gonna perform it but i didn't know he was gonna right into it after betray my heart...OMG. and i thought the venue size was perfect the show. if he comes around again i will definitely be there.

four day wknd w00t w00t!

______
gnap.

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Thu Jul-02-15 08:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Nice work with Ace Hotel"
In response to Reply # 0

Just IMO though.

teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 09:34 AM

3. "i really thought it was friday when i posted this"
In response to Reply # 0

lol. lack of sleep will do that. so will shortened work weeks.

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:15 AM

4. "ha! "
In response to Reply # 3

i thought it was a july 4th holiday edition early post

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:54 AM

7. ":D"
In response to Reply # 3

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:30 AM

5. "i'm putting this down as a positive"
In response to Reply # 0

when you are doing things
and getting recognition for doing things
that people want to latch on
(even though recently it's out of control)

i'm having a hard time navigating
working in the community a a part of the community
versus with the community
versus for the community
and probably am in spaces where all three are valid
and this is a positive problem to have

we did a Make Music NY concert
and it was so amazing to me
we won a grant for a community project that will hopefully come together by the fall
people are responding to changes and suggestions that could possibly make a difference in the future of the community
i'm building up a good solid knowledge base and connections to the point where i have to start to draw lines on who to be associated with and who to avoid
getting an article in the paper for a huge land use issue was a big accomplishment
and i think sets up for more media exposure on issues to come
there's a film collective interested in doing a short on one of these issues and i'm so excited to make this happen
and one of my goals - to be on a nonprofit board - happened and the first strategic retreat was so good to be a part of!

i keep going but realize that i have a bunch of accomplishments directly in my own community that no one can take away behind me that i haven't stopped to celebrate, which feels awesome

i feel so privileged (literally privilege allows me to do these things) to be able to do this and not be too worried (yet) about how this will all end up.

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 10:50 AM

6. "Day awf!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm loving it

I hit up the movie Dope
Man it was good
Then Magic Mike XXL
And that was surprisingly good and fun
Helped that the crowd was hype as fuck

Heading to the fireworks tomm
Don't think I've been in 30 years *sigh*
Should be interesting
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 11:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "The weather is amazing & im loving it"
In response to Reply # 0

I thought it would make studying harder, but instead I just hit the park with my books, where I can work in peace without the internet & get some much needed sun at the same time.

Randomly got asked to participate in a study on campus, and got paid a little cash which I thought would nicely cover my library fines. Then the guy at the library found some loophole where he didn't have to charge me half of them anyway. Double bonus. It's the little things!

Things are moving slowly but steadily with my org. Hope to do a soft launch by the end of summer & the real deal towards the end of the year. Got a meeting coming up about a partnership on a project with a major museum, which has been a long time coming but is finally happening.

Got some help for something that i probably should've dealt with a long time ago, and although I was apprehensive, it needed to be done.

Spending time with friends & family this weekend. Have a good one everyone xx

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 11:42 AM

9. "fairly productive week"
In response to Reply # 0

I work tomorrow but that holiday double time will come in handy for this family reunion at end of the month

if I make it to the beach Sunday this weekend will have been a success

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Jul-03-15 12:38 PM

10. "pretty decent week"
In response to Reply # 0

there was a hiccup in the force, but things are back on track

+ this child has been unbelievable sweet for 8 days in a row. it's a fucking miracle! i have never seen him behave this well for this long. this is his true personality when he's not sick or tired. i want more more more! he even told me (unprompted) "i love you mommy." i melted.

+ making a lot of progress in the studio. i dropped off all my molds and i will hands in two weeks! i need to set up my studio so that i can get some good photos. i'm also making a lot of progress with these fish despite the crazy weather. i think by the end of the month, if the weather stays consistent, i'll be finished by the end of the month.

+ it's official, i'm in the Venezuelan biennale, i don't really know what to expect, but i do know they are paying for the shipping so it's all good.

+ was contacted by two curators for a show in england. crossing my fingers it works out. i have a studio visit next week. gotta pull out my A game.

+ i'm proud of my mom. i know what she did was really difficult but it's what she needed to do and she is finally empowering herself. i can't imagine ending a 42 yr relationship and starting over, but i know she will be ok. she is strong and she is brave and she is the fucking shit.

+ getting my hair dyed today. it's like 5 diffent colors right now and not in a good way. i think i'm going to stick to granny purple for now and maybe do green later. i want to cut it but i'll hold off for now.

+ i scheduled some me time sunday. getting a facial.

have a good weekend.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12844834 Previous topic | Next topic